Jay Norris

View Jay Norris' Comments BY TICKER:
  • This Is Not A Game The Federal Reserve Wants [View article]
    One thing I know for sure, Fed officials are smarter than me, and darn well smarter than most journalists. Out here in Middle-America (IL) we are doing just fine. Retail Services and Durable Goods continue to grow, and there is still plenty of "keeping up w/ the Jones'" re: new trucks and pools and back-yard decks in the towns and subdivisions all around. So if we were to blame the Fed if things were going south I guess we need to pat them on the back now that things are going well. Re: raising rates, it's the same as advising impatient children on an eta: we'll get there when we get there.
    Aug 30, 2015. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Fed And China Bring GLD Back Up? [View article]
    I refer to unfounded market fears by the "Tradionalist" demographic, many of who are also 'gold bugs" as "Old-man-ism". I have seen it happen to the best of them. As they get closer to that point where they feel the inevitable passing is getting closer it's natural that they surmise the system which supported them for the past 65 or 70 years is also in decline. But it ain't.
    Jul 28, 2015. 05:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Fed And China Bring GLD Back Up? [View article]
    Well said Sir,
    My method tells me gold is sewing in intermediate-term support right now -- which is of some interest to me as a trader because old gold is a decent forward indicator. However, I"d rather just trade long euro for a short-term hop. (When taking a counter-trend trade I always trade the market w/ the most open interest -- i.e.: has the potential for the largest short-squeeze) From an investor's standpoint however -- which in this game is all that really counts -- gold is not a buy. Cyclical or secular or grand pattern it's all a bear to me. My core position is long UUP.
    Thanks,
    Jul 28, 2015. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Debt Levels Too High, Or Are Consumers Simply Not Feeling Rich? [View article]
    Good stuff. Thank you!
    Feb 14, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Long-Term View - The U.S. Economy And Currency [View article]
    Hi Cebu Sun,
    I definitely see your point, and I'm proud of the extensive work we have done on that very subject. We break the markets down into their tradable patterns -- 5-day, 10-day, 25-day etc and only enter trades/positions when we have the majority of patterns aligned -- very simple concept, very effective. We have almost completed a year of real time forecasts -- on YouTube see: http://bit.ly/1GUu99h -- as proof of the ability to predict markets.
    Nov 13, 2014. 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Trading Quote Ever [View instapost]
    Hi Kangiwa, hope your doing well. My best book is my third book: http://amzn.to/1vLRnbF
    Oct 7, 2014. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks Poised For Multi-Year Rally [View article]
    2 years later...
    Aug 10, 2014. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading On Market Generated Information  [View instapost]
    Dan Big Cow from the RPGA?
    Mar 9, 2014. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Paradigm Shift For Markets? WRONG! [View instapost]
    Thanks Kangiwa,
    Every thing I write about is based on: http://amzn.to/1156WtW
    Jul 5, 2013. 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Macro Play For Your IRA [View article]
    Hi King,
    I'm thinking the same thing...
    Jul 2, 2013. 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Macro Play For Your IRA [View article]
    HI Fiberwolf8, I completely agree. I keep looking for reasons to be not so bullish but I only keep getting more bullish...

Best to you!
    Jul 2, 2013. 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Rules To Focus On To Profit From The U.S. Dollar Rally [View instapost]
    Thanks KoP. You're welcome, and thank you for your thoughtful comments!
    Jun 28, 2013. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Rules To Focus On To Profit From The U.S. Dollar Rally [View instapost]
    Thanks Rosenkreuz, I have the advantage of only writing after much observation and thought. I feel for people who are expected to write every day -- like chewing on the same finger nail all week...
    Jun 28, 2013. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Rally & The Great Rebalance [View instapost]
    Thanks Leopardtrader, I know you know a bit about these things. best to you and yours!
    Jun 8, 2013. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Rally & The Great Rebalance [View instapost]
    Thank you Rosenkreuz. It takes a lot of effort to write sometimes, so it darn well better be truthful and worthwhile. It would be nearly impossible I imagine to write something worthwhile every day...

This is my masterpiece to date: http://amzn.to/1156WtW