Jayson Derrick

View Jayson Derrick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Wal-Mart's Third Quarter Reveals Near-Term Concerns And Questions [View article]
    I don't doubt Wal-Mart's ability to "land on its feet" as you say. I just doubt that the timing is -now-. It very well could be early next year after my near-term questions and concerns are answered/resolved.

I have mentioned that at 52 week highs it is wise for investors to take profit off the table and re-consider initiating a new position next year or at the very least after the Holiday season. I am interested in why you disagree with this?

I do at least 75 percent of my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart/Sam's club (if that matters?) so no, I'm not anti Wal-Mart.
    Nov 14, 2014. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy Is A Great Buy For Your Long-Term Portfolio [View article]
    motorcity.. if i was in your position i would add to my holdings. but im not so you have to decide for yourself how to proceed.

Crummy situation which no one could have seen coming! Sorry about your losses!
    Jan 17, 2014. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Fundamental Reasons To Short Yelp [View article]
    As always, great article and I always look forward to your pieces. Keep up the good work!
    Jan 10, 2014. 01:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Green Mountain's Cold Beverage Platform Remind Investors Of The Esio Or Provide Future Growth? [View article]
    Pretty sure GMCR knows a thing or two about the cold beverage market.

Brian Kelley joined GMCR as President, Chief Executive Officer and Director in December 2012 from The Coca-Cola Company where he was named President of Coca-Cola Refreshments in September 2012. Most recently, he served as Chief Product Supply Officer, Coca Cola Refreshments. Prior to that, in his role as President of Coca-Cola’s North America Business Integration, he led the total integration of the acquisition of the North American assets of Coca-Cola Enterprises, combining Coca-Cola North America and Coca-Cola Enterprises’ North American operations into a new company, Coca-Cola Refreshments. Kelley joined Coca-Cola in 2007 as President and General Manager, Still Beverages and Supply Chain North America.
    Dec 26, 2013. 05:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Their Own Words: One Retailer To Buy, One To Sell In 2014 [View article]
    Minty.. please don't say your team is the caps or flyers!
    Dec 26, 2013. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Their Own Words: One Retailer To Buy, One To Sell In 2014 [View article]
    Dusty, Portage

Good morning.

The negative view of Target stems from its recently expanded Canadian operation which is off to a bumpy start and unlikely to be 'fixed' any time soon.

Keep in mind the company issued 2017 guidance for its Canadian operation of $6 billion in annual sales and $0.80 in earnings.

Now that the standard has been set the company has no choice but to live up to it down the road otherwise the company has failed.
    Dec 26, 2013. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Facebook Remains Undervalued [View article]
    fair question. I'm getting married in less than a year so I have no extra cash to invest in equities. Wedding, honeymoon etc bills coming in very soon.
    Sep 19, 2013. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Facebook Remains Undervalued [View article]
    yes, SA has already fixed the error. At the last minute, i removed two of these items after conducting further research and concluding that management has already commented on these potential headwinds (one of which included lack of monetization from Pinterest. Management has commented repeatedly that they expect to turn the company in to a profitable venture over time, and I read several analyst reports that project hundreds of millions of dollars of potential revenues over the coming years.)
    Sep 19, 2013. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Shift In Advertising Spending To Online Will Benefit These Companies [View article]
    what stock did i move and why do you guys think that?

Not being modest here...
    Sep 18, 2013. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wasn't me! wish i can take credit for moving stocks :)
    Sep 18, 2013. 03:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite A Failing Business, Zynga Has A Very Favorable Risk To Reward Profile [View article]
    Sorry that I couldn't get your attention. Go Pens!
    Sep 13, 2013. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks!
    Sep 13, 2013. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Las Vegas Sands: Delivering Consistent Returns For Years To Come [View article]
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'm going to look in to this tonight!
    Sep 12, 2013. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream: Tremendous Growth Prospects And Potential Buy Out Target [View article]
    interesting comments.. thanks

i think the same arguments can be applied to SODA. if i have guests over and forgot to get some cokes for dinner, i have to drive to the nearest store. yes soda can be stored for years, but it takes up space. i have plenty of room for a SODA stream on my counter, and space in cabinet for the syrup bottles, but i dont think i have room to stock up on 20 2L bottles when they go on sale for a buck per.

i think it is accurate to compare the company to GMCR. as you said both are make it yourself at home beverage machines. Doesn't that mean there are more similarities than differences?
    Sep 9, 2013. 01:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    page 51 of presentation part 1 has a chart that I saw before. Please have a look and let me know what you think.
    Sep 9, 2013. 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment