Jayson Derrick

View Jayson Derrick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SodaStream: Tremendous Growth Prospects And Potential Buy Out Target [View article]
    whenever we (fiancee and i) buy a 2 liter soda bottle it goes stale after 2-3 days and we only go through half a bottle if even. Having the ability to make a fresh soda when i want would probably save money over the long term. Plus having the convenience of multiple flavors available on demand has some sort of value in it to justify buying the machine.
    wal mart has a sodastream kit for $79. personally I'm going to buy one during the holiday season when i get to redeem my loyalty points i have accumulated on my credit card and combine with other promotions to get one of the higher end models.
    Sep 9, 2013. 01:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    interesting observations.. I can't remember back a few years to when keurig just got started. were investors asking the question if/why would SBUX license their own flavours for the keurig machine?
    Sep 9, 2013. 01:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi.. penetration of 10% or more in certain markets. Comments from management during their conference call.

Sep 9, 2013. 01:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Yahoo Undervalued? [View article]
    Yahoo is only selling half of it's stake in Alibaba as part of the original deal made with Alibaba's owner. They will still maintain a ~12% ownership.
    Aug 13, 2013. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Is A Winner [View article]
    Hi videoman.. It was free for me! I Just switched the VPN on my smart TV to London and voila Free BBC and iPlayer on demand. I quite enjoyed Bob Servant Independant, have you seen it? I can't remember laughing so much at a TV show lol
    Mar 28, 2013. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Is A Winner [View article]
    I wish I was as lucky to watch an entire season of anything over 1 weekend :)

But as I said, Netflix spreads out the seasons so viewers have to wait several months. Lot's of people are lazy and for those that $8 a month is not a big deal find it a pain to cancel only to resubscribe 2 months later.
    Mar 28, 2013. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Is A Winner [View article]
    Hey WM

Thanks for the comments. I haven't gotten around to House of Cards yet, but I know many political junkies that are keeping their Netflix membership open just for the series. Netflix is smart spreading the seasons out to capture an extra few months of revenues. There is also no limit to the amount of original content Netflix can produce, which is great for customers and even better for shareholders.
    A quick check there is 8 original series being produced in addition to the second season of house of cards. There are comedies (Ricky Gervais), drama, thrillers, something for everyone. 2 years ago people would complain there is nothing new/original on Netflix, now there is new content for everyone.
    Keep in mind Netflix tracks everyone's every move when logged in, and will certainly use this information to their benefit by analyzing trends and developing content with a much higher success rate.
    Mar 28, 2013. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Is A Winner [View article]
    Hi Bill -

1. From my own personal obervations, and research in the topic.

2. Free 2 day shipping on any purchase size is a nice added bonus, but I normally receive my Amazon items in 4-5 days. Not much of a deal breaker in my books, but as always YMMV.

3. Redbox doesn't offer TV shows. How will I watch my West Wing, Breaking Bad, Rules of Engagement and soon Arrested Development. I don't see Redbox as a disruptor for Netflix, however Redbox can be a winner by just capturing a very small share of the market which is big enough for everyone to profit from.
    Mar 28, 2013. 10:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is BlackBerry Heading? [View article]
    blackberry is up more than double since its 52 week lows of $6.22. I wouldn't really classify this as "continue to go nowhere". Everyone is likely on the sidelines waiting until quarterly results march 28 for confirmation.
    Mar 15, 2013. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Motors Vs. Ford: Automakers On The Global Stage [View article]
    I'll add a point for Ford :)

Good point, the global market is bigger than what I mentioned, however going in to every single region in such details would be a good idea!
    Mar 15, 2013. 10:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • General Motors Vs. Ford: Automakers On The Global Stage [View article]
    Very interesting. You should write it, I'm sure it will be a popular article!
    Mar 15, 2013. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is BlackBerry Heading? [View article]
    Like always, every investor needs to do their own homework on all aspects of the stock. I am not an analyst, merely a contributor. by profession I'm a day trader and work in the field, SA is a good venue to share my views with a community, sometimes people agree sometimes disagree, but i certainly hope no one is rushing to buy or sell based on my (or many) article/s.
    Mar 15, 2013. 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is BlackBerry Heading? [View article]
    a lot of blackberry commercials are clearly geared towards the consumer market and not the business market, so i disagree apps and functionality that match iphone/samsung is important.
    Mar 15, 2013. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is BlackBerry Heading? [View article]
    I was one of the first in all of canada to try the phone!
    Mar 15, 2013. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is BlackBerry Heading? [View article]
    I was actually one of the first in all of canada to play with the new blackberry. I liked it, but I'm stuck with my iphone on a contract. if i wasn't engaged I would consider switching back, but it will cost easily $700+ :(
    Mar 15, 2013. 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment