Jayson Derrick

View Jayson Derrick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Am Finally Buying Sirius XM [View article]
    Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed my article. I wouldn't go as far as 'life changing' unless you are putting in a million bucks in it :)
    Feb 9 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Finally Buying Sirius XM [View article]
    Hello,

I know and play the players very well. I used to day trade SIRI on a daily basis did 500k-1mm shares daily. I studied the stock in depth although never really looked at the fundamentals behind it, as a trader I couldn't care less. I was very happy about my findings and will be adding this stock to my portfolio very soon.
    Feb 9 05:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Finally Buying Sirius XM [View article]
    Thanks for the comments and for sharing.
    Feb 9 05:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Companies You Should Consider Adding To Your Portfolio [View article]
    I was considering ESRX and really like it but the deciding factor for my 3 companies is that SLW trades on the toronto exchange and I want to diversify some of my holdings to other currencies.
    Feb 7 08:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Companies You Should Consider Adding To Your Portfolio [View article]
    obviously any investor that wants direct exposure to physical silver can easily buy it, or buy SLV. Most investors prefer the convenience of equities or ETFs versus filling a closet full of heavy bulky silver. I believe that SLW or SLV or any combination of the 2 is a winner for 2013 and beyond. Thanks for dropping by and commenting!
    Feb 7 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Companies You Should Consider Adding To Your Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words. I didn't see your article that you did yesterday. If I did I would have referenced your great work.
    Feb 7 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Growing Stock Price On The Menu At Chipotle Mexican Grill [View article]
    thanks for commenting, great insight.

Management believes they will more than double in size to 3,000-4,000 stores. Should we believe them? Why not. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. We can argue all day what valuation to use 20x 25x 30x PE at the end of the day none of that really matters, and I used a 5 year average because it seemed appropriate and yes, arbitrary. 25x $14eps = $350 decent return based on todays price. I had my eyes on CMG today would have considered buying if it dipped below $300, but rallied at 302ish.
    Jan 31 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Growing Stock Price On The Menu At Chipotle Mexican Grill [View article]
    I like Chipotle because I know what to expect. When I am traveling for business I often am not in the mood to try something new, so I seek out a chain I am familiar with because I know what to expect and more importantly how long it will take. Everyone has their own reasoning for liking Chipotle and other fast food chains. Price is also a factor.. Chipotle isn't cheap but at ~$10 it's cheaper than applebees/tgifridays etc which i put on the same 'taste level' and comparison to chipotle
    Jan 30 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Growing Stock Price On The Menu At Chipotle Mexican Grill [View article]
    haha no way that's amazing, I didn't know that. time to road trip to the nearest Chipotle!
    Jan 30 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Growing Stock Price On The Menu At Chipotle Mexican Grill [View article]
    No one said that SSS will increase overnight. Catering worked out great for Pandora Bread over some time and investors should buy based on the hypothesis that catering will increase SSS over time for chipotle.
    Jan 30 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    Not sure how it works in retail broker but i have direct market access so i can specify ECN/route and price... and receive the liquidity rebates when adding to their books.
    Jan 25 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    NFLX is still ETB on my trading platform, I don't see why it wouldn't be. Thanks for the comment!
    Jan 25 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    Icahn must be up half a billion in 2-3 months. He doesn't need the extra cash, but I wouldn't want to be a shareholder waiting to find out when he pulls the plug take his money and bid everyone else good luck. A lot of our traders are up some really serious money its crazy.. but who knows what will happen Monday. Can NFLX tank 20%+ in one day? I guess it's possible...
    Jan 25 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    Hey Auto I see what you are saying and part of my SWOT in the weakness was members can cancel at any time.
    I won't be cancelling any time, $8 a month for the convenience of having something/anything available where/when I want is great. I can watch on my 2 tablets, iphone, laptop and desktop. To me that $8 is worth it.
    Jan 25 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    the real winner is carl icahn. I can imagine he will sleep well over the weekend!
    I'd hate to be holding NFLX when he decides to take his money and run.
    Jan 25 02:09 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment