Jayson Derrick

View Jayson Derrick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    Icahn must be up half a billion in 2-3 months. He doesn't need the extra cash, but I wouldn't want to be a shareholder waiting to find out when he pulls the plug take his money and bid everyone else good luck. A lot of our traders are up some really serious money its crazy.. but who knows what will happen Monday. Can NFLX tank 20%+ in one day? I guess it's possible...
    Jan 25, 2013. 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    Hey Auto I see what you are saying and part of my SWOT in the weakness was members can cancel at any time.
    I won't be cancelling any time, $8 a month for the convenience of having something/anything available where/when I want is great. I can watch on my 2 tablets, iphone, laptop and desktop. To me that $8 is worth it.
    Jan 25, 2013. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    the real winner is carl icahn. I can imagine he will sleep well over the weekend!
    I'd hate to be holding NFLX when he decides to take his money and run.
    Jan 25, 2013. 02:09 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Don't Give In To The Hype And Buy [View article]
    I disagree. I love sitting back popping on Netflix and having so many options at my disposal. If anything having such a vast library available on my tablet, computer or tv is a strength. Plus I don't feel like downloading all 4 seasons of breaking bad, and another 4 of prison break.

Thanks for commenting.
    Jan 25, 2013. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Has A Cultural Clash And May Soon Get Help In Solving It [View article]
    Interesting article, I enjoyed reading it. Hard to accept the fact that the market is undervaluing MCD by 20%, seems like a lot. I like to believe that markets are efficient and all equities are 'fairly valued'. Afterall, the market seems comfortable pricing MCD in the 84-94 range past 6 months.

I'm considering adding MCD to my portfolio, but gonna check out a few others before SBUX, BKW. What is your opinion on these?
    Jan 10, 2013. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Research In Motion: Disappointing Investors And Customers Since 2008 [View article]
    Great points and I agree. Thanks for sharing!
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    thanks for assuming that I am influenced by a hedge fund :)

Nice analysis, I naturally disagree and think your numbers are too optimistic but I enjoyed reading your well thought out analysis.
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    My article would disagree with your thesis but I appreciate and thank you for jumping in and sharing.
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Why is it stupidity quoting a major bank's analysis that supports my thesis?

I think YOU missed part of the Bernstein report:

Ferragu thinks RIM shares can get to $20 over “the next 3 to 4 months, as a short-term trade.” He thinks that further out than that, investors must be careful because with only 50 million to 60 million consumer users, RIM has only a small pool of potential upgrade customers. He also argues that within its base of perhaps 30 million corporate users, “we see more and more evidence of a market share losses in corporate, with a negative trend both on the number of users and replacement cycles.”
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    my iphone has lots of business tools that increases my productivity at work. My old blackberry did as well. I don't love my iphone and miss several features of my blackberry, but at the end of the day it does what i need it to do.... and plays games :)
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This did suprise the editors, as it was included in Sunday mornings 'today's trading ideas' blast for short ideas.

I'm going to quote "wretchedturkey" who commented on the topic of current users upgrading their handset:
    This statement, while optimistic, is delusional. A large % will likely upgrade (putting a number on it is the dumbest thing ever considering a significant portion come from emerging markets which can barely afford any phone, so expecting an upgrade is overly optimistic.
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I never mentioned long apple.

I guess we will see in 6 months. All we can do now is make informed decisions based on our own research. I presented the case to short, and many other commentators here expressed their views to go long.
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    How about let's continue this discussion in 6 months when there is a much clearer picture of who is right :)
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Doesn't that apply to everything in life? :)
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Investors in general don't like to be left in the dark (in this case about the new fee structure) and when they are they tend to panic.
    Dec 24, 2012. 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment