Jean-Christophe Larsimont

View Jean-Christophe Larsimont's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Microsoft's Dumb Move Might Actually Be Smart: Part 2 [View article]
    Hi Techy46, thanks for your comment. But just look at the link and even Google it, you'll find a lot of report.
    Jun 25, 2013. 04:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's Dumb Move On Xbox One Might Actually Be Smart [View article]
    @User144766 : read again what I wrote. I never mentioned that you were the one saying that exclusivity would drive sales towards PS4.
    Jun 18, 2013. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's Dumb Move On Xbox One Might Actually Be Smart [View article]
    @User144766 : the point about having exclusive games is to drive the buyer toward your device and not the competing device. To do so, you need to make sure that the exclusive games are indeed, really exclusive. And that's not the case for a lot of games that you mentioned because they're present on other platforms and I wanted to clarify it. For example, you can't claim that Diablo 3 is exclusive since it's present on Xbox 360 (3rd september 2013), PS3 (3th september 2013), PC and Mac. It's NEVER going to drive the buyer toward the PS4.
    Jun 18, 2013. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's Dumb Move On Xbox One Might Actually Be Smart [View article]
    User144766, your comment contains some mistakes. By exclusive games, we mean games that are available only on one platform. Therefore, games such as Diablo III, Blacklight Retribution and others can't be taken into account since they're also available on PC. The numbers I use are correct.
    Jun 17, 2013. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's Dumb Move On Xbox One Might Actually Be Smart [View article]
    No. Because if my hypothesis is right, Microsoft should have a deal with them so that they keep developing games for the X1. In
    Jun 16, 2013. 01:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's Dumb Move On Xbox One Might Actually Be Smart [View article]
    Hi SimpleStuff,

Thanks a lot for your comment. Really appreciate. Indeed, I think that the aim of the X1 is to target a very large audience and that's why Microsoft focuses so much on everything that is around "pure gaming" such as TV, social media etc. As the point has ben extensively covered I didn't mention it but I think I should have. You comment add this point and therefore value to this article.

JC
    Jun 16, 2013. 09:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carving Up The World Smart Device Market Shows Opportunity For BlackBerry And Nokia [View article]
    Great article Michael, as you usual. You already know about my position but your article made me think about buying some NOK.
    Jun 13, 2013. 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    Marcap, why do you ignore what people say?
    If you had a look at the link I've provided in a previous comment (http://bit.ly/1750BWo), you would have seen that Kantar reported that from Q4 2011 to Q4 2012 in France : iOS progressed very slowly (+2%), Android sales exploded (+12%), RIM died (-8%) and Windows Phone progressed a bit (+0,5%). Now, have a look at what happens worldwide during the same period with the website you provided : http://bit.ly/11ApPrM
    Exactly the same trend : iOS progressed very slowly (around 2% also), Android sales exploded (+12%), RIM died (-4%) and no data about Windows phone (using Nokia as you did as totaly flawed sinced it also take Symbian into account) but we all know that WP progressed a bit worldwide during this period.
    So the fact is that France follows the same trends than the rest of the world, your website is just not accurate enough for single country data and it needs deeper research. And as I live here, I can further confirm you that indeed, Apple progressed slowly, you can see Android phones all around, Windows Phones progressed and that before the Z10 and the Q10, it was rare to see a BBRY.
    Jun 9, 2013. 04:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    Marcap, your comment is totally wrong. Could you please compare the trends in mobile OS market shares in France VS World and tell me, with numbers, if you still have this opinion?
    Jun 8, 2013. 12:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    MajorDude,

You still don't get it. France is relevant not as a determiner of trends, but as a followers. Therefore, by looking at trends in France, you can have an idea about how it might be elsewhere.
    Jun 8, 2013. 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Influenza A H7N9 Generate Opportunities For Pharma? [View article]
    Hi Karl,

I think I'm a "bit" late. I checked all the information regarding Novavax and no news so far since the 10th of May. Note that they announced that animal testing were to last around 28 days. So my guess is that we'll know more about it this week or, more probably, the week after.
    As I'm not able to provide you more, I made a little research about recent news.
    The most reliable source of information that I found is the WHO report (31th may). Here's the link : http://bit.ly/ZDyN9m

Important information include :
    -37 deaths out of 132 cases (28%)
    -Human have very little or no existing cross protective immunity (it implies that vaccine for other strains are indeed inefficient at providing protective cross immunity)
    -The virus is resitant to M2 inhibitors.
    -Some cases of Tamiflu resistance have been reported (http://bloom.bg/14ZFkMv)

Regards

JC
    Jun 2, 2013. 07:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    Hi HSV,

Regarding point 1, I asked SFR again for more information regarding the way they rank the best selling phones. This time I got no answer. So basically I have still no clue about the time frame.

About point 2, we don't really know the margins that both Apple and BBRY obtain from sales at SFR so it's quite hard to answer that. But keep in mind that BBRY was in green at Q4 2012 without the BB10s. So to me, despite the bias present in this article, BB10 are a success and will massively contribute to BBRY's revenues. I don't think comparing BBRY to Apple is somehow relevant for the moment. They're very different companies and although they partially occupy the same market, it doesn't make sense to compare them (at least for the moment) except a comparison with iPhone.
    Regarding point 3, I really have no idea since I live in Belgium, not in France. Sorry about that.

Thanks for you comment!

JC
    Jun 1, 2013. 08:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    Totally understand your points.
    Tried again to obtain more information from SFR about that but no answer so far. I think it's rather hopeless. What is funny is that the ranking just changed today (kind of weird uh?). Even with that change, it's still selling better than Xperia Z and iPhone 5 so I'm rather happy about the prediction.
    We will have a factual report on Q2 in about 4 months, can't wait to know whether I was right or not.
    May 30, 2013. 01:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    Hi,

I'm not sure I correctly understood your point but here's my answer :

Although not physical, the keyboard of the iPhone can be set up as AZERTY. It's therefore not related.

JC
    May 30, 2013. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Q10 Outsells iPhone 5 And Galaxy S4 In France [View article]
    How do you know that SFR changed the ranking based on that ?
    Second, your comment is wrong. Even if the S4 and the HTC One were to sell more than Q10, Q10 is still ahead of iPhone 5. And Q10 is still ahead of Xperia Z and iPhone 5. Therefore, saying that the WHOLE promise of this article is defunct doesn't make sense.
    May 30, 2013. 11:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment