View as an RSS Feed
View Jeff Gonion's Articles BY TICKER:
Revisiting 60/40 Asset Allocation And The 4% Rule
- The 4% rule for retirement withdrawals is explained in detail.
- This rule results in overly-conservative asset allocation and income levels.
- An alternative rule is presented that results in higher income-levels for the same historical risk.
Strategy-Check: Dividend-Based Investing
- With the proliferation of strategy-based ETFs and mutual funds, it becomes possible to directly measure how well various investment strategies perform.
- Many studies tout the benefits of dividend-based stock selection, but actual results over the last decade seem less compelling.
- Taxes can further affect the desirability of high-dividend stocks, depending on income level and state of residence.
- The Collective Wisdom Of Wall Street
- Want To Invest In A Hedge Fund? Think Again
- The Perils Of Backtesting Technical Strategies
- SPY: The Perils Of Market-Cap Weighting
Putting The ECRI Index Into Perspective
Oct. 4, 2011 • 7 Comments