Jeff Miller

View Jeff Miller's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Time For The 'January Effect'? [View article]
    Mitchad2 -- Brian is always worth reading. I saw his message this week as a bit mixed. The quarterly "bump" was expected, but he is still concerned about declining estimates in energy.

I agree with you that some skepticism seems built in.

Jan 4, 2015. 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Time For The 'January Effect'? [View article]
    crademan -- I hope people take the time to read and remember how to sound like an expert!

Jan 4, 2015. 07:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Time For The 'January Effect'? [View article]
    TimmiesRegular -- I am delighted to hear that things are fine in Canada! I gave a question mark to the heading for a reason. Whatever the news might be, everyone is in a rush to find both the best and worst things implied. I appreciate the discussion about effects on Canada.

Thanks for joining in.

Jan 4, 2015. 07:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Time For The 'January Effect'? [View article]
    jj1937 -- Heh, heh. Seeking Alpha does a great job on the series and I always give it special effort. I could have finished it this weekend and skipped WTWA, but I wanted to do both.

And I appreciate your humor!

Jan 4, 2015. 07:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 In Review: Hot Or Not? [View article]
    Mitchad2 -- That is why I watch CNBC using TIVO and mute:) You have the right idea!

Jan 2, 2015. 10:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 In Review: Hot Or Not? [View article]
    My first position description (HS after hours) was stockboy/cleanup/clerk. I learned about jewelry and how to use a broom and a squeegee.
    Jan 2, 2015. 09:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 In Review: Best Of The Silver Bullet Awards [View article]
    I am delighted that people are enjoying this, but the real credit goes to the award winners:)

Dec 30, 2014. 08:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    nsethi99990- Thanks! I appreciate your comment (first on SA-- welcome) as well as those of others who provided some year-end encouragement.

Happy Holidays to all of my readers. I'll have my annual preview out in about two weeks.

Dec 23, 2014. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    Doug -- My solution is a combination of TIVO and the "mute" button. When I see something interesting, I turn the mute off and scroll back.

and Happy Holidays to you as well.

Dec 22, 2014. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    Petrarch - I try to examine all viewpoints when framing the question, as well as citing conflicting takes on evidence when that is relevant.

I don't agree with Schiff that the Fed caused the oil price crash, for example, but I included the viewpoint.

I hate to think that I might lose a reader in the first few paragraphs:)

Make sense?

Dec 22, 2014. 09:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    sethmcs -- Selling at the start of the quiet period allows you to enjoy the time decay of the next two weeks. Buying options at or near the end of the period is a good strategy for those wanting leveraged exposure with defined risk.

I think we are agreeing, but maybe I was not clear enough. I tend to focus on the covered all approach and near-term expirations with plenty of time decay.

I hope this explains better.

Dec 21, 2014. 03:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    MotorD1212 -- Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to say more about oil supply and demand and the implications in my annual preview.

Dec 21, 2014. 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    CautiousInvestor -- I was going to comment a little more on the unusual market action, but that is not my main purpose.

The moves get exaggerated as they get a bit large. Those who are short options that they expected to go out worthless are suddenly faced with significant losses. It seemed to be at work in both directions.

As always, thanks for joining in.

Dec 21, 2014. 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    cfetrader -- Thanks to you and to everyone who has provided encouragement. It is nice to know that these posts are helpful to some making investment decisions.

Dec 21, 2014. 02:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Pundit Forecasts For 2015 [View article]
    bbro -- Bob Dieli did I similar analysis for his clients this week. I'll see if I can get him to post some of it.

Good point, and thanks.