Jefferson Starship

View Jefferson Starship's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Move Over Starbucks, America (Will) Run On Dunkin' [View article]
    I don't think the earnings miss is as big a deal as you're making it out to be, and could be a prime buying opportunity. As far as the taste of their coffee goes...there are more factors than just the existence of competitors, like food offerings and price. I personally don't like Starbucks or McDonalds coffee, and Dunkin has enough different flavors that they won't all taste like boiled rocks.
    Oct 24, 2013. 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Move Over Starbucks, America (Will) Run On Dunkin' [View article]
    I thought about disclosing the fact that I was drinking Wawa coffee while I wrote the article.
    Oct 22, 2013. 11:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: Value Play Turned Growth Play Available Now [View article]
    One of the points of the article was that movies do not matter as much to Disney's bottom line. Parks make way more than movies and the stock price is not nearly as tied to movies as you think. John Carter came out in March of 2012 and the stock was around $41 and in the subsequent quarter it rose to $48, despite the public realizing how much money was lost on the film.
    Aug 9, 2013. 12:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: Value Play Turned Growth Play Available Now [View article]
    I don't think the risk is as great as many make it out to be. First, I don't think too many people will take the initiative to opt-out of their current plans. Second, I think the number of 'old ladies' with cats is exaggerated, although amusing, and many of them like watching golf highlights anyway. And lastly, I think the losses could be passed on to the rest of the consumers. There is a strong contingent of those who would not drop ESPN regardless of the price; thinking outside of home consumers like bars, restaurants, college plans, etc.
    Aug 8, 2013. 11:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Pull The Trigger On Dead, But Once Prosperous Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for the comments; I have written a number of articles on CMG over the last 2 years or so and have pushed it as a buy in each one, while almost all of the other articles on CMG call for shorts.
    Apr 3, 2012. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Ways To Diversify Your Portfolio With Fast Food [View article]
    You commented on one of my Chipotle articles in January saying it wasn't a smart buy. That was at $337. Its now at $400.

Personally, I do not think that any of these four stocks are overvalued; and if by lazy you mean picking stocks that are profitable, then you are correct.
    Mar 16, 2012. 12:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks At 52-Week Highs With Room To Run [View article]
    I do not know that cost off hand, I know it wasn't mentioned at all in their latest conference call, and its tough since to say since they don't franchise. I know that they can cover these costs since they been building up their cash pile each quarter, which is now around $540M.
    Feb 8, 2012. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks At 52-Week Highs With Room To Run [View article]
    I bought in at around $260 and have not considered selling since.
    Feb 8, 2012. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Earnings: Proving The Naysayers Wrong [View article]
    It means that they have the highest margins of any product, soda is very inexpensive.
    Oct 26, 2011. 12:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picking 8 Stocks From The Dow Jones Industrial Average [View article]
    I disagree with you on Disney, I wouldn't be looking at them as a dividend stock, but right now they have some technical support around $32. ESPN is making bank for them, and they had a decent third quarter earnings despite some not so great movies. They also took in a ton of revenue from toy licensing, and you have to consider that their Marvel agreement goes into full affect now that Captain America has been released.
    Sep 2, 2011. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Dividend Stocks Capable Of Weathering Storms For Decades [View article]
    "Gotta make an exception for PM :)"
    - Altria is on the list and has a better yield that PM, but my fund does own both of those.
    Sep 1, 2011. 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Dividend Stocks Capable Of Weathering Storms For Decades [View article]
    KMB has been channeling upwards for a while, if it continues you may not see prices below $64 for some time.
    Aug 30, 2011. 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Dividend Stocks Capable Of Weathering Storms For Decades [View article]
    conkjc,

Thank you for the comment, I like VOD too but I was trying to stick with American companies. I also own JNJ, its another stock you really don't have to think about, I just think that ABT will offer more in capital appreciation in the long run. But, of course, it couldn't hurt to own both.
    Aug 30, 2011. 04:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Defensive Industry Dividends (Part 1): Healthcare [View article]
    Good picks, I would definitely consider Pfizer too. Some more on the drugs that these companies offer can be found in the article below.

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Aug 25, 2011. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Railroads: The Best Investment For The Economic Downturn [View article]
    Good article, I would have included CNI.
    Aug 25, 2011. 11:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment