Jefferson Starship

View Jefferson Starship's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Sirius Decline: Warranted or Outside Market Conditions? [View article]
    Pandora gets $14 while Sirius gets $1.89 because there are 159 million shares of Pandora and 4 billion shares of Sirius; share price is not something you can compare.
    Aug 6 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Telecom Dividends on the S&P 500 [View article]
    I agree but the reasoning for the use of payout ratios is because the article was based off of this list:

www.bloomberg.com/news...
    Jul 5 06:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Stocks Worth Buying in the Current Soft Patch [View article]
    Are you insisting that Verizon is a buy when it is currently within 3% of its 52 week high, sitting on top of tremendous debt, saw decreasing profit at year end 2010, has a payout ratio of 150%, and a P/E triple that of AT&T? That doesn't seem very prudent but I guess its fitting of your profile name.
    Jul 4 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Telecom Dividends on the S&P 500 [View article]
    Correct, I don't like FTR as a stock, but I do own it. I acquired it through the Verizon spin-off and have never found the time to dispose of it. Its a very small amount but I believe that I have to disclose any holdings.
    Jul 4 03:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Telecom Dividends on the S&P 500 [View article]
    You are correct, it was an announced acquisition that is still awaiting approval, but I would think that a lot of the merger is already priced into AT&T.
    Jul 4 03:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Telecom Dividends on the S&P 500 [View article]
    I don't think the rest of the country would be as quick to adopt this though, especially businesses. I would think that they would feel that wired are a bit more reliable, at least for now.
    Jul 4 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Telecom Dividends on the S&P 500 [View article]
    I personally like VOD because they own the other half of Verizon Wireless and they have a really nice yield as well. The list was limited to S&P companies so thats why neither of these made it but it is not for lack of attractiveness. I do not know much about Telefonica, but I would think that Spanish stocks carry some more risk with them.
    Jul 4 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle vs. Panera: Battle of the Fast Casual Restaurants [View article]
    I was actually at Chipotle on Saturday for dinner and they had a queue wrapped around the store. I have been to each several times and feel that the upgrade in taste and health in worth the increased price. The big thing is that, as mentioned above, Chipotle chooses all of their locations and do not allow franchising. This means that they can pick the spots where they know people would be willing to spend. Thats why you see more stores in cities and their suburbs than in the rest of middle America.
    Jul 4 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reasons Chipotle Is a Short [View article]
    I agree with most of the points in the above post. As to the first point, the burritos are huge and you are surely getting your money's worth when buying one.

And to the author, there are a bunch of stores in Manhattan and not in the rest of NYC because thats where people are willing to pay this amount of money for this product. Its basic economics bro. CMG refuses to franchise stores which means they are personally responsible for opening units in primo locations. They are risk averse, would you open a restaurant in Queens with dead hookers floating up all over the place? For more on that check out this article from about a week ago...

seekingalpha.com/artic...

Lastly, the author fails to substantiate 6-8. I do remember an article from like a year ago regarding illegal workers, but that's a huge claim to be throwing around without a link. And if you had shorted them when that news broke you would have lost big.
    Jun 30 01:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sweet Dividend Contenders: Ranking the Sugared Foods Stocks [View article]
    This is what I was referring to, Smuckers sells Dunkin coffee products in grocery stores. The 'c' in coffee became capitalized in editing and I was hoping that the lower case would imply that.
    Jun 28 12:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sirius Look at the Pandora IPO [View article]
    blade -
    I "check out" the Sirius music channel lineup daily, since I can't justify carrying an iTouch for a 20 minute commute and I don't keep music on my iPhone...I am therefore left with XM and terrestrial radio, I am well aware of their catalog and I guess I am at fault for not enjoying the likes of Katy Perry, Lada Gaga, Drake, and Nickleback, but I'm sure that you have an exceptional taste of music....

patric-
    I haven't censored any of your comments, I haven't read any of them until just now, your counter says you have 1 comment so who knows if you actually posted anything...secondly, I am not middle-age, I'm 24 and you obviously didn't read the comment you purport to be seconding...third, my profile name does not have the word airplane anywhere in it, but yes I am aware the reference, lastly, this was not what the article was about, but thanks for the pageviews
    Jun 22 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Dividend Stocks You Must Own Regardless of Age [View article]
    Lack of capital, I'm in law school so I have no revenue streams, and I wouldn't waste time buying a fund that would cover all 12 plus 100 more.
    Jun 11 11:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Dividend Stocks You Must Own Regardless of Age [View article]
    Thank you, I do actually own PEP instead of KO and VZ instead of T.
    Jun 9 09:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Winners in Big Pharma [View article]
    Only because there is only so much you can fit into 1000 words and because they are smaller than these other companies. But BMY has a good yield, strong products, and a formidable PE despite a 2-year run up.
    Jun 2 12:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Anti-Trust Lawsuit Offers Buy Opportunity [View article]
    "have you ever heard of anyone charging a separate add-on fee to listen to music or watch shows?"
    Yes, Live Nation was sued in regards to their ridiculous handling fees.
    Apr 5 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment