Jefferson Starship

View Jefferson Starship's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Wendy's Poised to Prosper in Long-Term [View article]
    I meant focused mainly by comparison, MCD is taking over every continent b/c it is easy to franchise a McDonald's and the public is far more inclined to buy a string of McDonald's then Wendy's; and compared to YUM who is opening up Pizza Hut's all over India and China; the Wendy's expansion is not nearly as substantial.
    Feb 4 02:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wendy's Poised to Prosper in Long-Term [View article]
    The first part of your comment is what I was essentially trying to get at. I agree, MCD has an assembly line-ish system going where food is ready almost instantly; whereas at Wendy's they are very concerned with keeping costs low so they do not hire as much and are often understaffed by comparison, so the food prep takes much longer. In line with this, the Arby's near me normally only has 3 people working so actually getting your food takes several minutes per order. They do have a "90 second" goal that is hardly ever achieved.
    Feb 4 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Breaking Down the Restaurant Industry, Monopoly Style [View article]
    Thank you for bringing this up, and I am sorry for overlooking this. It certainly would have altered my evaluation of them. I did find it peculiar at first that it happened before the recession actually started and I thought that the Darden people just had some very strong forecasters.
    Jul 19 06:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Move Over Starbucks, America (Will) Run On Dunkin' [View article]
    I don't think the earnings miss is as big a deal as you're making it out to be, and could be a prime buying opportunity. As far as the taste of their coffee goes...there are more factors than just the existence of competitors, like food offerings and price. I personally don't like Starbucks or McDonalds coffee, and Dunkin has enough different flavors that they won't all taste like boiled rocks.
    Oct 24 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Pull The Trigger On Dead, But Once Prosperous Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for the comments; I have written a number of articles on CMG over the last 2 years or so and have pushed it as a buy in each one, while almost all of the other articles on CMG call for shorts.
    Apr 3 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Ways To Diversify Your Portfolio With Fast Food [View article]
    You commented on one of my Chipotle articles in January saying it wasn't a smart buy. That was at $337. Its now at $400.

Personally, I do not think that any of these four stocks are overvalued; and if by lazy you mean picking stocks that are profitable, then you are correct.
    Mar 16 12:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks At 52-Week Highs With Room To Run [View article]
    I do not know that cost off hand, I know it wasn't mentioned at all in their latest conference call, and its tough since to say since they don't franchise. I know that they can cover these costs since they been building up their cash pile each quarter, which is now around $540M.
    Feb 8 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks At 52-Week Highs With Room To Run [View article]
    I bought in at around $260 and have not considered selling since.
    Feb 8 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Earnings: Proving The Naysayers Wrong [View article]
    It means that they have the highest margins of any product, soda is very inexpensive.
    Oct 26 12:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picking 8 Stocks From The Dow Jones Industrial Average [View article]
    I disagree with you on Disney, I wouldn't be looking at them as a dividend stock, but right now they have some technical support around $32. ESPN is making bank for them, and they had a decent third quarter earnings despite some not so great movies. They also took in a ton of revenue from toy licensing, and you have to consider that their Marvel agreement goes into full affect now that Captain America has been released.
    Sep 2 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Defensive Industry Dividends (Part 1): Healthcare [View article]
    Good picks, I would definitely consider Pfizer too. Some more on the drugs that these companies offer can be found in the article below.

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Aug 25 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Stocks Worth Buying in the Current Soft Patch [View article]
    Are you insisting that Verizon is a buy when it is currently within 3% of its 52 week high, sitting on top of tremendous debt, saw decreasing profit at year end 2010, has a payout ratio of 150%, and a P/E triple that of AT&T? That doesn't seem very prudent but I guess its fitting of your profile name.
    Jul 4 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle vs. Panera: Battle of the Fast Casual Restaurants [View article]
    I was actually at Chipotle on Saturday for dinner and they had a queue wrapped around the store. I have been to each several times and feel that the upgrade in taste and health in worth the increased price. The big thing is that, as mentioned above, Chipotle chooses all of their locations and do not allow franchising. This means that they can pick the spots where they know people would be willing to spend. Thats why you see more stores in cities and their suburbs than in the rest of middle America.
    Jul 4 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sirius Look at the Pandora IPO [View article]
    blade -
    I "check out" the Sirius music channel lineup daily, since I can't justify carrying an iTouch for a 20 minute commute and I don't keep music on my iPhone...I am therefore left with XM and terrestrial radio, I am well aware of their catalog and I guess I am at fault for not enjoying the likes of Katy Perry, Lada Gaga, Drake, and Nickleback, but I'm sure that you have an exceptional taste of music....

patric-
    I haven't censored any of your comments, I haven't read any of them until just now, your counter says you have 1 comment so who knows if you actually posted anything...secondly, I am not middle-age, I'm 24 and you obviously didn't read the comment you purport to be seconding...third, my profile name does not have the word airplane anywhere in it, but yes I am aware the reference, lastly, this was not what the article was about, but thanks for the pageviews
    Jun 22 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Anti-Trust Lawsuit Offers Buy Opportunity [View article]
    "have you ever heard of anyone charging a separate add-on fee to listen to music or watch shows?"
    Yes, Live Nation was sued in regards to their ridiculous handling fees.
    Apr 5 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment