Jeffrey Fischer

View Jeffrey Fischer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Ideal Discounted Way To Hold Apple, Qualcomm, And More [View article]
    For those that are interested, although AOD is up 6% since my article, it remains 15% below NAV, so I wouldn't consider selling unless you are very bearish. I believe the holdings in the fund have outperformed the S&P recently.
    Jul 15 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bernanke's New Lip-Service: Don't Believe It, Bond Markets Aren't! [View article]
    Great username NPL
    Jul 13 07:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm with you chartdog. Glad it's not my problem ;)

Mr Dande: I agree the labor situation in the US will never be the same....it may never recover. 2007-levels are a pipe dream.
    Jul 12 05:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Echo Therapeutics: A Gross Disregard To Shareholder Value [View article]
    ....to keep his paycheque! That is the #1 priority. That is why they issued the secondary at whatever price..The price didn't really much matter to the high-paying execs!
    Jun 28 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Platinum Hits The Sweet Spot [View article]
    Sure Blackberryman, I like the SPPP as well. The management expense is basically in line with PPLT, and they hold physical as opposed to futures (the PTM holds futures). Palladium has excellent prospects as well, but I think Platinum has suffered a bigger meltdown just because of its higher price, and association with gold value. Palladium price is less influenced by gold, in my opinion.
    Jun 27 08:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Ideal Discounted Way To Hold Apple, Qualcomm, And More [View article]
    I agree, Fibonnaci. Management have been destroyers of value with AOD. While that could possibly change, I would start selling out of my position if the discount shrank in half.
    Jun 26 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Ideal Discounted Way To Hold Apple, Qualcomm, And More [View article]
    $10.00?.....well that sounds ambitious. I'm not necessarily making a bullish market call in recommending AOD. But for investors looking to hold a long position, I would do it with this vehicle. It will never get to $10.00 if it keeps paying dividends, but that's not a concern.

ReaperLynx, thanks. Do consider the dividends you received in your dollar cost averaging. (ie - AOD closed at $3.79 today, and if it is trading at $3.60 at year-end, you haven't lost any money so you're not really averaging lower)

Just an update, the NAV of this fund was down only $0.06 today, but AOD traded $0.12 lower. The discount is almost 15% now. Pretty pickings.
    Jun 24 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Ideal Discounted Way To Hold Apple, Qualcomm, And More [View article]
    And AOD fell more than 3% today, far more than the average of the top 7 holdings that traded on US exchanges today. Only Apple was close with a 2.65% decline. It's simple not sustainable. I figured my article would ruin it, but I managed to affordably increase my position today.
    Jun 24 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Your Next Safe-Haven Metal Should Be Less Yellow [View article]
    Readers of my article may be interested to know that I took a large position in PPLT on Friday June 20 at the yearly lows. Got dragged down by gold, which I feel fortunate to have happened.
    Jun 22 05:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Your Next Safe-Haven Metal Should Be Less Yellow [View article]
    Thanks DF. I will make a point of looking into PTM.TO further.
    Jun 22 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Echo Therapeutics: A Gross Disregard To Shareholder Value [View article]
    Good comment insideoutsideuosidedown. Also excellent username.
    Jun 18 12:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focus On Negatives Leaves Unipixel Shareholders In Peril [View article]
    Thank you, sir.
    Jun 4 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Your Next Safe-Haven Metal Should Be Less Yellow [View article]
    Thanks also for your kind remarks.
    May 24 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Your Next Safe-Haven Metal Should Be Less Yellow [View article]
    Mister Blackberry,
    I certainly agree platinum has a higher floor than does the price of gold. The past month of trading also suggests that may be the case. However, in a heavy market sell-off, platinum can get destroyed while gold goes up. The market tends to treat platinum like a pure industrial metal when there is panic. I believe the market just doesn't understand that platinum is even more precious than gold.
    May 24 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Your Next Safe-Haven Metal Should Be Less Yellow [View article]
    Thanks for your comments. I am aware that Palladium may also be a good substitute as well.

I wouldn't advise investing in PTM.TO, DF1985. Even the major platinum producers can't make sufficient ROI off platinum mining at current market prices. The smaller, in development, producers are even harder-off. PTM.TO could be a speculative play....I've seen short-term moves higher in the price of platinum lead to huge returns in that stock. But it could also just go bankrupt!
    May 24 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment