Jeffrey Gall

View Jeffrey Gall's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    Schwab provides the total return (including dividend reinvestment) at 1, 3 and 5 years. There stated returns at these periods for MCD, for example, are 26.3%, 55.8%, and 191.1%. These values are similar to my calculated returns of 25.8%, 52.5% and 191.0%. So yes, I am confident the annualized returns are correct.
    May 31, 2011. 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    poortorich - I mis-labeled the columns at the top -- it should read 1-year return, 3 year, 5 year, 10 year, but the annualized calculations are correct. The total 10-year return would be 238%. That value annualized gives 23.8%.

Jeff
    May 31, 2011. 09:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    Valid point. I'm planning on doing something similar for the contenders. I'll add yield for that post.
    May 31, 2011. 04:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Want a 14% Annual Distribution Yield? Try This Pair Trade [View article]
    Todd --

Nice article. Enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing my attention to GGN.

One comment re AGNC. Their risk isn't exactly tied to short term interest rates, but rather, the difference between short and long-term rates. Thus, if long-term rates increase at a similar amount relative to the short-term rate, AGNC theoretically should not be materially impacted. You allude to this in your description of AGNC but do not explicitly make such a comment.

Jeff
    May 23, 2011. 10:00 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Stocks Offering DRIPs at a Discount [View article]
    David --

I agree with your comments above. However, if an investor owns any of the stocks above, they are sacrificing yield by not taking advantage of the DRIP discount.

Jeff
    May 16, 2011. 08:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Into Enterprise Product Partners's DRIP at a Discount [View article]
    Update: EPD's 5% discounted DRIP price is 39.71950 as found here:

phx.corporate-ir.net/p...
    May 10, 2011. 10:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Into Enterprise Product Partners's DRIP at a Discount [View article]
    Do you know of other stocks that DRIP at a discount besides DEP and EPD? Another stock I follow, DX, just announced a DRIP discount.
    Apr 29, 2011. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio - Part 2 [View article]
    Plow -- are you referring to CQP?
    Apr 26, 2011. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio [View article]
    mrhowell -- ARR uses 9x leverage. Given the current interest rate environment, ARR is in great position. However, any changes in the interest rates are magnified significantly given ARR's leverage
    Apr 24, 2011. 07:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio [View article]
    what do you own that you would recommend? Id like to see how these compare...
    Apr 18, 2011. 10:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio [View article]
    whidbey -- What do you mean by "several are overdue in payouts"?

All of these are current with their payments?
    Apr 18, 2011. 10:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio [View article]
    Tom --

CQP will be announcing their dividend in the next few days. If the payout is maintained, this should give a nice pop to the stock price.
    Apr 18, 2011. 09:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio [View article]
    Tack -- good point. Its a small percentage of this portfolio, and as noted in the spreadsheet at the bottom, I do not reinvest divies from HLM+
    Apr 18, 2011. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment