Jeffrey Gall

View Jeffrey Gall's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sizing Up My Trading Record In 2011 [View article]
    You are amazing!!!
    Jan 10, 2012. 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10%-Plus-Yield CEFs: 3 To Buy And 1 To Avoid [View article]
    coach g,

I never have commented on PHK. Best of luck of AOD. Buyer beware.
    Dec 29, 2011. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of Two Very Different BDCs [View article]
    Zach,

I may have been a bit sloppy in my wording and interchanged NAV with book value. The book value numbers are pulled directly from the earnings reports of both GLAD and PSEC.
    Nov 17, 2011. 08:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reliable Monthly Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Todd --

If I own shares of STUXF.PK how does it work when it starts trading on the nasdaq? Do my shares of STUXF.PK get converted to the new symbol?
    Aug 17, 2011. 08:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Dividend Stocks With Potential to Double Within 5 Years [View article]
    If the stock price doubled, you would have to pay capital gains as well. I should have added "Before taxes" to the title.
    Aug 17, 2011. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    guraaf -- check out RMT.
    Jun 2, 2011. 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    Schwab provides the total return (including dividend reinvestment) at 1, 3 and 5 years. There stated returns at these periods for MCD, for example, are 26.3%, 55.8%, and 191.1%. These values are similar to my calculated returns of 25.8%, 52.5% and 191.0%. So yes, I am confident the annualized returns are correct.
    May 31, 2011. 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    poortorich - I mis-labeled the columns at the top -- it should read 1-year return, 3 year, 5 year, 10 year, but the annualized calculations are correct. The total 10-year return would be 238%. That value annualized gives 23.8%.

Jeff
    May 31, 2011. 09:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Performing U.S. Dividend Champions [View article]
    Valid point. I'm planning on doing something similar for the contenders. I'll add yield for that post.
    May 31, 2011. 04:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Want a 14% Annual Distribution Yield? Try This Pair Trade [View article]
    Todd --

Nice article. Enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing my attention to GGN.

One comment re AGNC. Their risk isn't exactly tied to short term interest rates, but rather, the difference between short and long-term rates. Thus, if long-term rates increase at a similar amount relative to the short-term rate, AGNC theoretically should not be materially impacted. You allude to this in your description of AGNC but do not explicitly make such a comment.

Jeff
    May 23, 2011. 10:00 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Stocks Offering DRIPs at a Discount [View article]
    David --

I agree with your comments above. However, if an investor owns any of the stocks above, they are sacrificing yield by not taking advantage of the DRIP discount.

Jeff
    May 16, 2011. 08:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Into Enterprise Product Partners's DRIP at a Discount [View article]
    Update: EPD's 5% discounted DRIP price is 39.71950 as found here:

phx.corporate-ir.net/p...
    May 10, 2011. 10:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Into Enterprise Product Partners's DRIP at a Discount [View article]
    Do you know of other stocks that DRIP at a discount besides DEP and EPD? Another stock I follow, DX, just announced a DRIP discount.
    Apr 29, 2011. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio - Part 2 [View article]
    Plow -- are you referring to CQP?
    Apr 26, 2011. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Diversified, High-Yield Portfolio [View article]
    mrhowell -- ARR uses 9x leverage. Given the current interest rate environment, ARR is in great position. However, any changes in the interest rates are magnified significantly given ARR's leverage
    Apr 24, 2011. 07:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment