Jeffrey Gall

View Jeffrey Gall's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is The Enerplus Dividend Sustainable? [View article]
    Not surprised about the cut. A little larger than I thought they would do.
    Jun 12, 2012. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preferred CEF Showdown, Part 1: Flaherty & Crumrine - My Top Pick [View article]
    My first rule of CEF investing: There are no rules in CEF investing.
    Mar 23, 2012. 05:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is Over - Part I [View article]
    Where is the analysis for why the golden age is over? This is one of the worst articles I have read on SA. Shame on SA for publishing this.
    Feb 21, 2012. 11:00 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Central Securities Corp.: This CEF Is Still Offering Good Value [View article]
    Nice analysis, thanks for introducing me to this one
    Feb 21, 2012. 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    HPF, another preferred CEF trades near NAV. Why should I pay such a premium? Not convinced the substantial premium is warranted.
    Feb 21, 2012. 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GLAD To Not Own Gladstone Capital: A Business Development Company In Danger [View article]
    Hi Rich,

Appreciate the comment. As far as other BDCs go, I don't follow too many others. I am most familiar with GLAD, followed by PSEC and FSC. I am planning articles on both PSEC and FSC post their earnings release.

Of the ones you mentioned, are any monthly payers (I prefer these to own)?
    Feb 6, 2012. 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scott's: High-Yield, North-Of-The-Border REIT [View article]
    zach -- Good to hear. I think the drop may have been some tax loss selling because it seemed as soon as the calendar hit January that it rebounded nicely.

I unloaded about a third of my position about a week ago. Best of luck,

Jeff
    Feb 4, 2012. 11:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons To Sell Alpine Total Dynamic CEF [View article]
    Well, I guess I must be wrong then. Caution with statements on performance over the short-term.
    Feb 4, 2012. 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alpine Global Premier Properties Fund, Revisited [View article]
    Robert, I am intrigued by AWP, but what are your thoughts on the Alpine management team? Their dividend capture funds (AOD/AGD) are complete garbage IMO.
    Jan 31, 2012. 08:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tortoise North American Energy: An Attractive Energy MLP Closed-End Fund [View article]
    Hi George -- I'm just not convinced why I should by this fund versus the underlying stocks.

Jeff
    Jan 17, 2012. 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sizing Up My Trading Record In 2011 [View article]
    You are amazing!!!
    Jan 10, 2012. 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10%-Plus-Yield CEFs: 3 To Buy And 1 To Avoid [View article]
    coach g,

I never have commented on PHK. Best of luck of AOD. Buyer beware.
    Dec 29, 2011. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of Two Very Different BDCs [View article]
    Zach,

I may have been a bit sloppy in my wording and interchanged NAV with book value. The book value numbers are pulled directly from the earnings reports of both GLAD and PSEC.
    Nov 17, 2011. 08:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reliable Monthly Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Todd --

If I own shares of STUXF.PK how does it work when it starts trading on the nasdaq? Do my shares of STUXF.PK get converted to the new symbol?
    Aug 17, 2011. 08:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Dividend Stocks With Potential to Double Within 5 Years [View article]
    If the stock price doubled, you would have to pay capital gains as well. I should have added "Before taxes" to the title.
    Aug 17, 2011. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment