Jeffrey Himelson

View Jeffrey Himelson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bank Of America: All Clear Ahead [View article]
    Unfortunately bac had to scrap it's $4 billion repurchase plan. The capital deployment is only through a dividend.
    Aug 7 07:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Has Become The Ultimate Fanboy Stock [View article]
    After seeing my mistake, I do not fault you for coming to that conclusion. I outlined my thesis in my article as to the potential in Africa. I believe I discussed a plausible method to generate significant revenue there. You are entitled to your opinion though.
    Aug 4 08:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Facebook - Entering Africa [View article]
    The article was initially tagged as me not having a position. This was incorrect and I have fixed it to show that I am long FB.
    Aug 4 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Has Become The Ultimate Fanboy Stock [View article]
    The article's disclosure was incorrect and I fixed it. All of my other articles had the correct disclosure, that I was long FB.
    Aug 4 07:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Has Become The Ultimate Fanboy Stock [View article]
    Please do not falsely represent my position on FB. I have been long FB since November 9th 2012. Further, I have not just begun writing bullish articles. If you are going to cite authors and criticize them, please do the proper due diligence beforehand. You can follow my entire timeline of my FB investment in my recent article: "The Trade That Netted Me More Than a 2000% Return."http://bit.ly/1ltGZ1q
    Aug 4 05:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Facebook - Better Monetization While Improving The User Experience [View article]
    FB sets prices.
    Jul 30 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The price inevitably comes down to demand from advertisers. However, the demand is a function of the ROI for advertisers. Therefore, if FB is able to improve the quality of ads and drive sales to their advertisers, the demand will increase and FB will be able to raise the ad prices. The buy button will certainly help reach this end.
    Jul 30 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Rite Aid - A More Compelling Buying Opportunity [View article]
    It is tomorrow. You can find it on the investor relations section of their website. http://bit.ly/1n4pAMo
    Jul 30 07:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Trade That Netted Me More Than A 2,000% Return [View article]
    Congratulations on investing in PCLN at that level. Fortunately I did have the conviction to put more money in the investment. I invested degrees of magnitude more in FB common stock. I did not have the conviction to invest these sums in options because the market does not always price a security correctly in the short term. The options could have expired worthless. In retrospect,
    I wish I had invested more through this avenue, but I do not like to take excessively risky bets with my portfolio.
    Jul 29 02:48 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Amazon Finally Enters A Market With Pricing Power [View article]
    The pricing power will come if Amazon is able to cultivate a competitive advantage. By being the first merchant to offer this service, AMZN may receive an influx of third-party sellers and could have a much more robust offering than lagging competitors. You are certainly right that the risk of losing margins is evident, but I do believe this still has the ability to generate higher margins, which is a fresh change from previous initiatives. I do not think AMZN is a prudent investment at this level, but it is worth mentioning the shift to higher margin potential opportunities.
    Jul 28 11:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Facebook Delivers Stellar Earnings [View article]
    That is a bit exaggerated, as there is overlap between the different platforms. However, their influence still incredibly ubiquitous.
    Jul 24 08:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Pandora Beats Earnings But Market Is Clearly Nearing Saturation [View article]
    Correct, it does require a sales force. However, it is much less intensive than local advertising and generates a much higher margin.
    Jul 24 05:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    With revenue growth directly tethered to user growth, rapidly decelerating growth is surely a red flag. Pandora's market cap is nearly $6 billion and will require double digit revenue growth for a sustained period in order to justify this lofty valuation.
    Jul 24 05:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy my article. However, I would like to point you to the disclosure which confirms that I do not have a position.
    Jul 24 05:53 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly, local advertising requires salesmen and thus is less profitable.
    Jul 24 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment