Jeffrey Keene

View Jeffrey Keene's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I would never recommend placing all your money in one trade. Why do I need five heads in a row? Your logic seems flawed and basically incoherent.

I will leave any type of intellectual conversation to people who can understand complex investment strategies and options, which you obviously do not.

FYI, calling people names is very mature of you.
    Aug 25 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    The trade was always a long shot to begin with, which is why investors/trades had a chance to make 6.5 times their money. Today's news is an incremental positive for the stock. I still have until January to see what happens with the name.
    Aug 25 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    I am not sure why everyone is so hostile.

This trade had the opportunity to make 6.5 times your money if the stock ends up at a certain price by January. We are only in August.

In addition, trades like this only need to work more than 15% of the time to be successful as an options trader.
    Aug 25 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    I appreciate your comments.
    Aug 21 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    This trade has nothing to do with owning stock currently. The trade is purchasing 1 of the January 5 puts for $0.49 and selling 2 of the January 2.5 puts - you do not have to be long the stock to use this strategy.
    Aug 17 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    Just because a stock is at its 52 week low (which is what I think you meant to say) does not mean it is a buy. I judge stocks based on their fundamentals. There are very strong reasons the stock is beat up. In addition, this trade costs $0.33 times the number of contracts purchased, so not sure what you mean by my momma's fortune. Thanks for reading.
    Aug 17 12:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    You do not need to actually own the stock currently.

In options, traders or investors can pay for the right to sell a stock under the current price or buy stock above the current price without currently being long or short the stock. One does not have to exercise "this right," but can if the stock moves.

It is very similar to insurance on a house, a homeowner pays an insurance for the right of protection in case of damage, theft, etc. By buying a put, you have the right to sell at a certain price if you decide to. By writing a put, you have the obligation to buy at a certain price if the holder decides he/she wants to sell to you.

Yes, there are some transactions costs involved, but these are pretty small if your position is of decent size.
    Aug 16 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using a Put Spread to Play Concerns Over Bank of America [View article]
    Considering you have written 3 articles about being long BAC this month alone, I doubt my opinion had any impact on your long-term view of the company.
    Aug 16 03:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment