Jeffrey McLarty

View Jeffrey McLarty's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Canadian Solar: Opportunity in Multiple Contraction from Dilution [View article]
    Hello All, It's me, the Author here.

Glad you liked my math, and view. Sorry, I was a little scattered in my writing.

User 226214 - My main point was, the stock is about to get noticed, and look really cheap, if they can hit the eps number this quarter. It will be crucial. I am bullish, and now long, as the other users pointed out. Another cool couple of points for the bulls, is that short interests is at 30%, and options indicate forward looking traders have an estimate for fair value by Aug/Sept/Oct to be between $35 and $40. Not much downside left, unless something unexpectedly bad comes up - but that can happen to any company.
    Jul 22 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Diving Into the Water ETF [View article]
    Oscar - Thanks
    Jason Bourne - I know the prospectus, but I just think it's a stretch...
    Richard - I'm glad you appreciate it
    daniela - Yes, it is nothing more than MY notes, and I did spend only 10s of minutes on some companies...so you are correct, shallow is what you do when your skimming 29 annual reports
    J Rapp - Maybe...I'll check it out
    Finding Beta - Yah, I know, and I found out after this was published TTEK does desalination, I bought TTEK this afternoon
    Finding Beta - Right, but both those two companies market cap won't even notice
    aafine - joining you on that, glad you liked it, and as of this afternoon, I'm now long TTEK
    May 19 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson Controls Reports Wednesday: Optimistic Predictions [View article]
    Nyka,

Yup I was vague, but gave full disclosure that I was long, just wanted to quickly give my opinion before the conference call. I don't care if you call my post 'void'. My call was dead on, wasn't it?

John Thomas - glad to hear it buddy! I don't think you'll go wrong with JCI.

Apr 19 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Put Options With Buffett [View article]
    Great Piece!
    Mar 2 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Out of Leveraged Gold [View article]
    Derricson - Thank-you for your commentary, compliment, and addition of value to the conversation. I will keep posting.
    Smart Money - I didn't say "sell gold", I said, get out of leverage and into regularly bullish gold positions. Essentially, because i agree, we could see a pull-back here (Short term [weeks] and small [10's of $/oz])
    Sixpackistan - I agree, there are a lots of 'experts' most are wrong, that's because this isn't an exact science.

Mar 1 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodity Analysts Believe the Party's Over [View article]
    Interesting work, as usual. Keep it up.
    Feb 24 03:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Out of Leveraged Gold [View article]
    I said, I'm getting out of *leveraged* gold positions, only to switch into less *bullish* positions. I didn't say I was shorting gold.

I sincerely thank those who kept comments to level headed, adult, (not insulting) conversation. I appreciate your thoughts, as I hope you appreciate mine, in this open discussion we are so grateful to have available.

To those who are kind of insulting: You're all reading a financial blog, it's an opinion, ease up. Personal attacks? Are you serious?

JT, ten years ago, I was 13. Yah, I'm 23, want to laugh at me some more? I'm sorry, I didn't hear GATA "shouting it" when I was buying my first mutual fund. You're probably much more informed than me.

Mr. Turtle, sorry it's a little hard to take you serious. Is that your real name? You couldn't be more wrong; I'm not "confused" or "out of touch with reality". However, you could call me uninformed (I'm an engineer) on the topic of gold (Which should be obvious when I thank somebody else for making me look into gold a year ago). One more thing, I've been all through Jim Sinclair's site, he is just like every other gold bug; extremely informed, and 100% bullish.

Goodnight all, I humbly wish you all the best to you and yours,
    Jeff McLarty

Disclosure - long gold...but will think twice about sharing my opinion again.
    Feb 24 03:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crocs: Bloated Inventory Caused Stock Slide [View article]
    Great Work! Great Read!
    Feb 20 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crocs Inc. Q4 2007 Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    johnyale, the market makes mistakes all the time. I can't believe the market underestimating this company. I'm in shock and awe. AMZN sold off just the same after they announce a week or so ago, only to finish almost flat on the day.
    Feb 20 12:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Bank Stocks for Your Kids [View article]
    locke: I wrote the piece, Seeking Alpha editors associated it to XLF, so I can't answer your question.

Reinko: You sound much more informed than I, this piece was written after I spent a couple hours with some folks at Primerica. I haven't read a single opinion yet from anyone else on the topic. I just wanted to share my two cents and some info on a demographic trend I'm beginning to research.

Good Luck All!
    Feb 16 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cameco: Gold Should Help Offset Floods [View article]
    If you're referring the to the drop in gold from it's recent peak, I didn't claim it has stopped falling from that. The surge I was referring to has been the one during the last 3 to 4 months. Maybe that wasn't clear, I'm sorry. My point was that gold was way above the $650/oz used in their previous forecast, during the last 3 months, so when they report; it should help the bottom line and the future forecast. I don’t know by how much, so I didn’t give any predictions. All I wanted to point out is that unless something unexpected comes out tomorrow, gold should help Cameco. If it wasn’t baked into the price of the stock, CCJ will tick north, and the headlines will likely point it out as to one of the reasons why, tomorrow. If it was baked in, then there is little upside going into tomorrow’s earnings. The entire stock market revolves around people's predications of future cash flows. If it was an exact science, and easy, everybody would be rich. I'm sorry for the lack of quantitative details you expected, only to receive my humble 2 cents.
    Feb 5 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Royal Caribbean, Carnival: Deals on the Open Sea [View article]
    I realized about 2 hours after I posted this, that there is two tickers for Carnival, CUK and CCL. Ones the PLC; CUK. I had been researching RCL, for about 2 days based on a rumour. Heinz sight, the rumour came true - check out RCL's chart. Anyway, I am bullish on it in the long run, and it didn't seem appropriate to compare RCL to DIS so, CUK was the "other choice" I saw at first. I'm 23, I've been investing for 11 years, and I've never seen two companies listed on the same exchange before (Both on NYSE). If this is really common, forgive me, CCL should have been mentioned in the post. I guess you learn something new everyday. I should note, contrary to my post, CCL trades options. Also, this has been my first post to Seeking Alpha, I hope to contribute more. Please forgive me for replying so late to this comment.

-Jeff M