Jeffrey Moore

View Jeffrey Moore's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Notes From Biglari Holdings Shareholder Meeting [View article]
    when I say that they "don't show up", perhaps what I should have said, was that they don't have their own line on the income statement; many of the repairs ARE are an expense, rather than cap ex.
    May 25 02:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boss Holdings: An Arbitrage Opportunity for Individual Investors [View article]
    no, I was unaware of ZRBA, can you give me some details on what happened?
    Apr 27 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    well, the arbitrage op is over now, but, yes, when I contracted my broker, they said it wouldn't be an issue.

even if it is/was/is going to be an issue, I would still be an owner of a company that is quite cheap.
    Apr 26 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have multiple brokers for this. In addition, when I talked to the one where I have multiple accounts, they said that they would be treated as separate, and not combined.
    Apr 25 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Biglari's Next Big Investment After Steak 'n Shake? [View article]
    the $100mm is a reference to how large a market cap that a potential investment could have. As there would have to be a 13D if the company had more than 5% of the common stock, if the investments (other then Fremont and ITEX) are non-diversified, then the market cap would probably be over $100mm
    Feb 3 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Reasonable Look at Steak N' Shake CEO's Raise [View article]
    For all the fuss over a measly 900K (from a now profitable company), I am saying that people should be concerned with a huge government issuing IOUs instead. Our priorities are screwed up.

Obviously, Biglari is not Buffett- the same way that Buffett was not Ben Graham... Simply because 2 people share similar philosophies doesn't mean that they have to be compensated in the same way. As an owner of SNS, I have no problem giving Biglari the money that he deserves!

On Jul 08 10:44 AM UncleLongHair wrote:

> What do California IOU's have to do with overpaying a CEO?
    > Biglari now makes about 10x what his hero Buffett does -- and that
    > is only considering one of his many jobs. Introduces quite a gap
    > between "talk the talk" and "walk the walk".
    Jul 9 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One of Those Market Days That Makes You Scratch Your Head [View article]
    When I said the bull trap thing, I wasn't really talking about the fundamentals, or the reactions the markets have had... only prices of securities. I want them to go down so that I can buy more of them at a cheaper price (ZINC for example, has more than doubled).

On Apr 03 10:12 AM Conan the Barbarian wrote:

> Let's revise your quote a tad. Let me substitute Gold for raisins.
    > "Some form of a bull trap", it Is Not Some form of a Bull trap if
    > you can't define it. Even making the attempt to pigeonhole what has
    > occurred in the last month as Some kind of Bull trap is nonsense.
    > There is no loud "clang, clang, clang" tossing the Bear into the
    > ditch. The moves have been worldwide. Bad News is being tossed into
    > the ditch alongside the Bear. If you don't see the difference, you
    > haven't seen multiple Bears being hacked around the world.
    > CTB
    Apr 3 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Stocks Traders Are Betting Against (With Good Reason) [View article]
    are you still considering shorting SNS?
    Mar 17 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    after some searching, I found what I needed, and did a quite write up on the situation:

ragnarisapirate.blogsp...
    Mar 5 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    do you have any way to find the old article? email me with any info.

thanks,

On Mar 01 10:38 PM Histo wrote:

> I think the shorts are FOOLS! Please keep shorting SHLD.
    > This company makes money!!!, and has annual sales of nearly 50 Billion!!
    > I think that makes them relevant in the eyes of consumers. All you
    > haters will lose your ass. You don't have the "balls" for a war
    > with Eddie and friends. You will be begging to cover when the crunch
    > eases even a little bit?
    > Suckers
    Mar 5 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    do you have any way to find the old article? email me with any info.

thanks,

On Mar 02 05:29 PM sclarksons wrote:

> I was in fact accused of being an anonymous emailer,
    > I also replied again to Jeff Macke and "Big Jim" letting them know
    > that I own or manage several thousand shares of SHLD, and again,
    > asking Macke to describe the "transfer of 5 Billion from Sears to
    > his hedge fund"
    > My final two comments were very straightforward, kind, and were blocked.
    > Okay, I got a little challenging on the earlier comment, telling
    > him that he was either short the stock, stupid, or being pimped out
    > by a shortseller.
    > I hold to that scenario.
    Mar 5 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    do you have any way to find the old article? email me with any info.

thanks,

On Mar 03 11:07 AM Kelley wrote:

> That Macke piece was a regurgitation of every other negative commentary
    > about SHLD out there. Talk about not doing one's homework.
    > Sears has done a lot to improve its on-line presence. This is where
    > big changes can be made for a smaller amount of dollars. No one seems
    > to give that any attention. Moreover, SHLD recently beat estimates,
    > and all people can talk about is Eddie's rant in the shareholder
    > letter. I read the letter, and it didn't seem like a rant to me.
    > Ah, perception. I forgot. Same thing happened when Ackman showed
    > up at the shareholders meeting last May. Journalists wrote how Ackman
    > "pressured" and "grilled" Lampert to answer questions relating to
    > SHLD. Haha. I was there. Ackman stood up, asked his questions and
    > sat down. It was a non-event. He even stood up a second time and
    > told Lampert he appreciated the job he was doing.
    > My other favorite Eddie bashing? I hear often that he doesn't know
    > retail. Really, folks? Check out AZO. They just made an historic
    > high today.
    > I cannot guarantee that I won't lose money on my investment in SHLD.
    > However, I feel confident in the upside. I feel even more confident
    > when I read recycled and incomplete "analysis."
    > Jeffrey, fcharlie and sclarksons - thanks for calling out the Macke
    > spin!
    Mar 5 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    do you have any way to find the old article? email me with any info.

thanks,

On Mar 02 10:17 AM fcharlie wrote:

> I emailed Macke as well, asking the same question.... No response.
    Mar 5 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    Here is a question for all fellow SHLD lovers.

The original article has been edited so that the points that I make are no longer relevant-as in, Jeffrey Macke changed his writing on Minyanville.com! I am trying to find someone that has a screen shot of the original article, or even knows of a way to access the article before the changes were made, so that I can do a "before and after" write up.

Just take a look at the new article, he changed CEO to Chairman and completely got rid of the $5 billion dollar cash out into Eddie's hedge fund!

It is awesome that a bunch of angry SHLD fans got him to go back on what he said!

thanks in advance.
    Mar 5 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hoping Shorts Will Drive Sears Down for Me [View article]
    By the way: writing 'form' instead of 'from' and 'or say things like...' is my way of being 'ironical'. ;-)
    Mar 2 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment