Jeremiah Nelson

View Jeremiah Nelson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tuscany International Drilling: Is Something Rotten? (Part 1) [View article]
    Excellent article VD, I'm with you on this.
    Feb 13, 2014. 07:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuscany International Drilling: The Most Undervalued Company In The Oil Services Sector? [View article]
    Klkl, all I can find on the HRT case settlement is that it will be settled in the first half of 2014, according to the 3rd Quarterly Report.

This seems up in the air still though as the yahoo link below states they will most likely only get 20K out of all the mess.
    Jan 20, 2014. 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TopDoggie thanks for the stockhouse bulletin board tip. I like what I hear. I do have to admit, it all seems a little too good to be true but never the less I'm going to add to my small bet. Acquisition or no acquisition, I think Dawson's bullish statements in the last transcript are evidence enough for me.
    Jan 18, 2014. 10:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mikeg999, I would have to agree with you in the short-term. As a shareholder though that's exactly what the company needs and really how much more depressed can the stock get.. .08.. They need to pull out of this nosedive and tighten up the core. I liked the tone of Dawson in the latest conference call, with his vision of the future. I think VD is on to something here, specially with all the restructuring they've already done. It sounds to me they know what the customer wants, and where that positions them as a company. The only thing left is getting there, and I think this was a big decider on the appointment of a CRO that and it probably went hand in hand with the credit amendments. I think it also says a lot that CS is amending this credit agreement. I think overall definitely worth a speculative position. We haven't heard any bad news in regards to the December 15th credit payment, so I'm thinking no news is good news for now. I look forward to hearing more from the company in the coming weeks.
    Dec 17, 2013. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    VD, I've really enjoyed reading your last two articles. It's led me to some research, I've read the recent earnings release for Q3 and I'm just wondering what stops this company from continuing to liquidate. I like the sound of them settling some of their receivables, and the debt reduction from the Africa assets is welcoming, but what gets this company turned back around? With a .24-.25 price/book value I'm intrigued but I need convincing..
    Dec 10, 2013. 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Culture Will Drive Further Results At Alaska Communications [View article]
    Still maintaining, I hope your hanging in there as well. I got a push notification on ALSK today from a pro article, for a second I was secretly hoping it was this article. It's nice to know someone else is out there who has similar feelings. Hang in there, I think it will be worth the ride.
    Nov 26, 2013. 06:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Culture Will Drive Further Results At Alaska Communications [View article]
    Albridge, thank you for the detailed history. I definitely learned a few things from your knowledge. All in all though, I may be naive here but I think your focusing in on the wrong things. Although VZ is entering the market and roaming charges were figured to decrease for ALSK. We have to remember that this isn't technically their revenue anymore it's AWN's and in place they are getting 47% for their 33% stake in it. I'd say this is risk mitigated.

Also a question, who would want to buy a company that has over 500 million of debt, with a revenue in 2012 of 367 million? I know I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. ALSK is tightening this up, they get more and more appealing every quarter as a buy out candidate. 20% stake in a war between Verizon and AT&T you could see how this deserves at least a little consideration..Even without the buy out scenario, they are looking better and better every quarter.
    Nov 15, 2013. 10:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Culture Will Drive Further Results At Alaska Communications [View article]
    speculative, I am still maintaining. Although I've seen a pretty large drop in my holdings, as I'm sure most of us have, I still believe that the management team has made leaps and bounds on strengthening the balance sheet. This and the continued emphasis on addressing issues as they come will only stabilize this company further. The types of changes this company is making is not recognized by the typical investor. That's what makes this play so intriguing, its a turnaround story, we can't expect the result to happen over night.
    Nov 15, 2013. 10:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Culture Will Drive Further Results At Alaska Communications [View article]
    jrpace exactly!

Q3 conference call:
    "So these are things that have our attention and we are expeditiously working the backlog. And I fully expect the revenue performance to show the results." CEO Vadapelli
    Nov 11, 2013. 09:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Culture Will Drive Further Results At Alaska Communications [View article]
    rebowley, thanks for the comment. Patience is truly a virtue, and Rome wasn't built in a day! In answer to your question regarding ALSK meeting their revenue, the impact is said to only be 200K in the full year of 2015. You can find this in the question section of their most recent earnings call. It also has a cap on it of 21.8 mil. Out of the total distributions of 195 mil over the term of the preferred distributions. In my eyes this is minuscule in comparison of the total 195 mil.

Another thing that I thought interesting was Vadapalli's statement about how GNCMA is great at growing companies (I need to dig into this track record). So even though after the preferred distributions end, I'm thinking that the 33% distribution might be of a much larger pie.
    Nov 11, 2013. 09:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'BUY' Ratings Mark Groupon As Undervalued (Price Targets Up To $16) [View article]
    Rj, excellent article, I missed the average 11.67 per share buyback. I like the sound of it. One question, how did you come to your conclusion on the short term price target of $15. I understand that this is one of my gray areas, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Nov 11, 2013. 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Gives Strong Q4 Guidance And Sees 2014 Full-Year Revenue Up 15 - 20% YOY [View article]
    Zoomlik- I agree with you on your 4 factors. I think everyone needs to understand this stock has had a 100+% ride from its Sept. 16th low. I don't find it surprising at all that there was a sell off. On 15-20% revenue growth, this has been a good run. Let's also not forget about the acccounting changes that took place last quarter, what % of the revenue growth does this account for?

Rj- I think GLUU has more room to grow to say the least. I still am a little leary that nobody brought up the the stock offering in this most recent conference call. This really crushed my spirits, when management had continuously come out and said their operating capital was sufficient. Also where is the company at with their partnership with skillz gaming? It seems that the company goes hush hush on what things they start to lack on especially when it puts their track record of execution in question.

All in all I think GLUU's gluon technology is a game changer, and their execution of debuting it on an already "very" successful franchise, was what seems flawless.

In summary in the short term, I'm staying away. Until we get answers to these questions, that were such great selling points only 2-3 quarters ago. Management needs to win back what they sold me 1.5 years ago. Growth and execution..Also I don't think I've ever heard a conference call from de Masi that wasn't filled with confidence.
    Nov 3, 2013. 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Is An Acquired Taste [View article]
    This is a good article, but I would like to challenge the comment that,"The stock has also been on an uptrend since The low of Nov 16th." I wouldn't really call this an uptrend.
    Mar 8, 2013. 06:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment