Jeroen Jongbloed

View Jeroen Jongbloed's Comments BY TICKER:
BIDU, CAT, CL, COH, COST, CVX, DE, DEO, DIS, DPS, DPZ, DUK, F, FDX, GE, GIS, GSK, HAS, HD, HOG, HSY, JNJ, JPM, K, KO, LO, LOW, LVS, MCD, MMM, MNST, MO, NOK, NVS, PEP, PFE, PG, PM, RAI, SBUX, SO, SPLS, SYY, TJX, UPS, V, VFC, WAG, WFC, WM, WMT, XOM
  • Why I'm Not Buying Colgate-Palmolive Today [View article]
    Blahblah,

I have to agree Colgate is a great company with a lot of positives. I hope to own it one day, and as soon as the p/e ratio get below 20, I will be buying. The problem is, with valuations as high as they are now, I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night. Perhaps I will regret this decision in time, but there have been a oppertunities to get CL at a p/e <20 , and I hope one day these will come again.

Aug 5 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Buying Colgate-Palmolive Today [View article]
    Hi Blahblah,

You make some good points here. Any thoughts on why the revenue growth rate is as low as it is with the company expanding internationally?
    I agree CL has some very impressive brand names, though I'm not sure this would justify extremly high p/e ratios.

Aug 5 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Buying Colgate-Palmolive Today [View article]
    I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read my article and comment.
    6228371, Thank for the tip, I'll take a look at GILD someday soon.

Aug 5 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consider Hershey While It's Trading Near Its 52-Week Low [View article]
    Hi Grasshopper,

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Aug 5 06:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Mills: Dividend Growth Rate Will Probably Decline [View article]
    Hi Contraria2, usiah and Pim69,

I am indeed 'the guy who sold MO'. However, this article is on General Mills. If there are any questions you may have on GIS, I'd love to try to answer them.

Aug 5 06:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • International Expansion Makes Domino's Pizza A Buy [View article]
    Booban, first of all, thank you for taking the time to comment. Take a look at the EPS and revenue growth rates for DPZ and YUM, and you'll see why I consider DPZ a buy.

Aug 3 09:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Depot And Lowe's: There's No Need To Choose [View article]
    Hi Rubel,

Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your experiences with HD and LOW.

Have a nice day,

Jun 12 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Southern Company Is Still Better Than Duke Energy Corporation: Here's Why [View article]
    Thank you for your kind words Mr. Wilkinson. They are much appreciated.

Jun 12 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Growth Investors Should Stay Away From Wal-Mart [View article]
    Hi Mike,

Well, at the moment WMT has about $7.2 billion in cash & equivalents, which is only about 3% of their total market cap. WMT will have a lot of costs for new stores this year so the only way i see that they would be able to hoard cash is by not buying back shares. Unfortunatly, without buybacks EPS will be a lot lower so i don't see this happening any time soon.

Feb 25 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Growth Investors Should Stay Away From Wal-Mart [View article]
    2% growth is just not enough

Feb 25 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Growth Investors Should Stay Away From Wal-Mart [View article]
    You're welcome :)
    Feb 25 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Keeping My Shares In 3M [View article]
    Hi user123,
    First of all , thank you for taking the time to comment on my article.
    Out of the list you've mentioned, the only stock that HASN'T underperformed the S&P500 is LOW. All the other ones had returns that were less than the S&P500. If I can sell a stock that performs less than its benchmark, and replace it with a better one, I will.
    Jan 13 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Even After A YTD Increase Of 68+%, Baidu Remains A Great Stock [View article]
    Nitrexx,

I think a price near Baidu's 52-week high of $181.25 might be seen somewhere in the next 3-6 months. Long term, I think it could turn out to be a whole lot higher. Baidu's spending on R&D is currently placing some heavy weight on their earnings, but when revenues go up further, I could see the company getting to the point were EPS reaches $10-$15. Even at a very carefull valuation of 20 times earnings, that would put the stock between $200 and $300. However, I feel this may take some years. Baidu at this point really is a buy-and-hold kind of stock in my opinion.

Happy hollidays,

Dec 26 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen: Expensive, But High Expected Growth Makes It A Buy [View article]
    Hi rnsmth,

That's correct. My apologies for this mistake.
    Dec 25 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa's Amazing Growth Makes It A Buy [View article]
    I think the dividend should seen as more than just a tiny return to investors: it shows the company's dedication to returning capital to shareholders.
    Buying small growth companies is nice, but only if V can grow them at a better rate than they would be able to archieve on their own. If not, i'd rather just have the money.

Dec 25 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment