Jeroen Jongbloed

View Jeroen Jongbloed's Comments BY TICKER:
BIDU, CAT, COH, COST, CVX, DE, DEO, DIS, DPS, DUK, F, FDX, GE, GIS, GSK, HAS, HD, HOG, JNJ, JPM, K, KO, LO, LOW, LVS, MCD, MMM, MNST, MO, NOK, NVS, PEP, PFE, PG, PM, RAI, SBUX, SO, SPLS, SYY, TJX, UPS, V, VFC, WAG, WFC, WM, WMT, XOM
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Ford: Not As Cheap As It Used To Be But Still A Great Company [View article]
    George,

Thank you for your kind words.

-Jeroen
    Sep 25 05:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Love Exxon Mobil, But It's Too Expensive Right Now [View article]
    Conkjc,

If one intends to hold the stocks for decades, the price at which the shares are bought is still very important. If the price per share goes down to say, 85$, you'll start out with a lot more shares than when you buy it at the current price. That couple of extra shares will add up dramatically over the years.

Also, while it is trading at less than 10 times last years earnings, earnings for 2013 are expected to be a lot lower.

I'm not saying XOM is a terrible stock, or that those holding it should get out. I'm just saying, that I believe it is close to fair value at this point, which doesn't give me any margin of safety.

-Jeroen
    Jun 19 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu's 40% Decline Makes It Very Cheap [View article]
    Hi Psalerno,

I totally agree mobile is the real growth market and 35% isn't all that much. However, I think Baidu will be able to use its wealth of cash and knowledge to grow their market share.

-Jeroen

Apr 15 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar Inc. Is Worth A Lot More Than Its Current Price [View article]
    I'd like to thank everybody that has commented for sharing their insights on CAT.

-Jeroen
    Mar 9 12:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kellogg Doesn't Deserve Its Current Valuation [View article]
    Hi Joe,
    Thanks for your comment. I agree Kellogg is a safe investment but at this price, I'm afraid returns just aren't going to be all that great. I'll wait for it to get cheaper.

-Jeroen
    Mar 8 06:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparing Reynolds American With Its Biggest Competitor [View article]
    Thank you both for your comments. I missed the fact the stock was split . This means the dividend hasn't been cut. I don't know how i messed this up, but im really sorry.

Still, even considering this, i would still prefer MO over RAI.

-Jeroen
    Mar 1 12:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria Group, Inc. Has Strong Brands, Rising Profits, And A Huge Dividend [View article]
    Thank you all for your comments. I'm looking into Reynolds American right now, and i'm planning to compare it to Altria. Follow me here on SeekingAlpha to be notified when my new article is online ! :)

-Jeroen
    Feb 28 06:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer: Increasing Income Makes It A Buy [View article]
    Hi Felipe,
    First of all , thank you for taking the time to read my article and comment, i really appreciate this.

I'm honoured to see you base your investment decisions on my article. Why do you believe JNJ is a good stock to buy right now? Do you think it will go even higher? I'd love to hear your ideas on this.
    Feb 18 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: A Great Company, But A Bit Expensive At Current Valuations. [View article]
    Chowder,
    Thank you for your view on this subject. While i realize that waiting for a low point to step in might lead to having to wait years to buy, I do believe that this is a good strategy. If PG dips down next week, i'll buy it next week, if it takes 20 years, i'll wait 20 years. Plenty of other stocks where i can park my money, waiting for the right price to buy.
    Feb 14 08:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris International: Sales Up, Profit Up, Dividends Up [View article]
    Alschroed ,

I should've added the 2013 dividend, sorry for that.
    This new increase further shows the great potential that PM has as a dividend growth stock, in my opinion.

Thank you for taking the time to comment
    Feb 10 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Look At A Foodservice Giant With Reliable Dividends [View article]
    Thank you both for your comments. :)

Ps.: I now have my first follower !
    Feb 6 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To Add Monster Beverage To My Portfolio [View article]
    So , redarrow , you think I should wait 'till after thhe Q4 earnings release ? What if it beats expectations ? Won't that raise the shareprice ?
    Jan 24 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Depot And Lowe's: There's No Need To Choose [View article]
    Hi Rubel,

Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your experiences with HD and LOW.

Have a nice day,

-Jeroen
    Jun 12 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Southern Company Is Still Better Than Duke Energy Corporation: Here's Why [View article]
    Thank you for your kind words Mr. Wilkinson. They are much appreciated.

-Jeroen
    Jun 12 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Growth Investors Should Stay Away From Wal-Mart [View article]
    Hi Mike,

Well, at the moment WMT has about $7.2 billion in cash & equivalents, which is only about 3% of their total market cap. WMT will have a lot of costs for new stores this year so the only way i see that they would be able to hoard cash is by not buying back shares. Unfortunatly, without buybacks EPS will be a lot lower so i don't see this happening any time soon.

-Jeroen