Jesse Bellet

View Jesse Bellet's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Exxon eyes spending as much as $25B to export B.C. LNG [View news story]
    Interesting comment. Can you clarify what you mean by 'empty volume growth'?
    Jan 12, 2015. 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Does Coca-Cola Measure Up Now Compared To When Warren Buffett First Bought It In 1988? [View article]
    Very interesting article and thanks for the data and history. Given this rise in the US Dollar, which seems to be an important piece to the Coke (KO) story of late, where should investors be looking for growth and income?
    Jan 6, 2015. 06:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Saying Yes To $25 Billion Expansion In Kazakhstan Would Be A Bullish Move [View article]
    Thanks for writing about this major asset for Chevron. The Caspian Region is critical for a number integrated companies, including BP and Exxon.
    Jan 5, 2015. 06:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FedEx: Fuel Costs And The Independent Contractor [View article]
    My comment is pure speculation, and management would have a much better answer than I could. My feeling is that the independent contractor model has worked since inception and the company is well geared for that continuing. FedEx already has the systems, HR, and personnel in place for the inertia to continue. The company won't change unless there is a revolt by the contractors or a major adverse decision by the civil courts, and both of these are low probability events.

Thanks for commenting!
    Dec 22, 2014. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Variety Of Revenue Opportunities At Papa John's [View article]
    I think you are right.....that can be a topic for my next article. Thanks for reading!
    Dec 10, 2014. 06:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Deeper Dive Into Wal-Mart's Pros And Cons [View article]
    Thanks for your comment and unique insight. Have you ever shopped at a Trader Joe's? I wish they were a public company so I could look at their financials. I think they pose a threat to Walmart in the US, from my basic understanding of the industry!
    Nov 26, 2014. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Texas Roadhouse And The Zero Sum Game Of Restaurants [View article]
    Punchy-Thanks for the accolades. I don't know the answer to the first question, and from reading the 10-K, I don't believe that information is disclosed.

I will do a little more digging for your next question. My first impression is that they want to open more restaurants. The company's financial experts will then determine whether it makes sense to buy or lease the location. The primary consideration with opening a location is first to find the right location!

Have a good Thanksgiving.
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Management shakeup, strategic actions at Darden; +2% AH [View news story]
    Incredible that this company has an aviation department. That is fine if management needs to fly to different locations, but shouldn't it be disclosed?

Here is a link to the recent 10-K filing.

There is no mention of the words "flight", "plane", "jet", or "aircraft."
    Nov 18, 2014. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Deeper Dive Into Wal-Mart's Pros And Cons [View article]
    Great commentary. COST doesn't meet my needs as a consumer. I shop for groceries at WMT and a couple other grocery stores. However, I'm really impressed with their (COST) financials and strategy.

thanks for reading !
    Nov 18, 2014. 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kohl's Has A Merchandising Problem [View article]
    Interesting. I wouldn't put JCP and SHLD in the same boat as Kohl's just yet, but we will have to see how the Holiday Season plays out for them.
    Stay tuned!
    Nov 13, 2014. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Costco's Multiple Competitive Advantages And Potential For Dividend Growth [View article]
    I.I. - You bring up such a fabulous point. At least Costco has both revenue growth and profits.

One other factor is that we can trust management to invest in new store growth. With an AMZN, we don't know where 'free cash flow' might be invested next.
    Nov 13, 2014. 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's fine to say, but there are companies available in the stock market now with low or no revenue growth. How much should we as investors pay for those? A no growth company can only grow earnings but cutting costs. Those are not fun businesses to be associated with. Companies that curtail capex are also "dying on the vine." I've looked at Sears Holdings and had these same thoughts.

COST is taking market share from the struggling retailers. They also have a path for growth, meaning that they could sell more online or move to other parts of the US. For example, I believe they could have more stores in the Washington DC market and central PA (areas that I am familiar with). This is just an opinion.

What would you recommend that management does with the free cash flow?
    Nov 13, 2014. 05:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for that dgot. Do you have any sources or articles for this concept? I believe you are right, but I would just wonder if you have any concrete examples.

For example, it is my understanding that Costco is one of the largest retailers of wine in the US. I wonder what other products that they have huge market share in.
    Nov 13, 2014. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great comment. I didn't mention the Kirkland brand, but you are spot on. That brand has great market share in paper towels and other items, from what I've read.
    Nov 13, 2014. 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nathan- Sure the 'current yield' is low, but some of the stocks I write about are dividend growth stocks, meaning that the yield can grow and compound.
    Nov 13, 2014. 01:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment