Jia Wu

View Jia Wu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Investors Should Be Concerned About Gilead [View article]
    I have to clarify - there is not even technical analysis here. If it were, where are the moving averages, MACD, head and shoulder pattern and other momentum indicators mentioned here? It only says, the stock started to decline so we should be concerned...
    Nov 24, 2014. 02:26 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead, Alexion, Biogen, Or Celgene: 1 Mindboggling Metric Identifies The Best Value! [View article]
    I'm a hardcore bull on GILD. But can any explain why the price reacted so mildly after the superb quarter?
    Apr 24, 2014. 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Don't Be Fooled By Dead Cat Bounce [View article]
    You could also make the argument that it's recent fall from the highs was based on no news and thus unjustified.
    Apr 14, 2014. 04:15 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Intel TV Will Fail [View article]
    I truly echo your views. But let's hope Intel can do something different to prove us wrong, and we all can benefit from it.
    Feb 13, 2013. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Living Room Is Too Small For Apple [View article]
    Great point. As I mentioned in the article, disrupting the existing pay TV business is really challenging, although not impossible. But bidding up content prices against pay TV operators is just not a smart move. You can see it from Netflix as it decides to make its own original content, given it cannot afford the ever increasing cost of content acquisition. And Apple will have to shop media content in every country where is wants to establish its ecosystem.
    Feb 12, 2013. 02:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Living Room Is Too Small For Apple [View article]
    My estimates are on the conservative end, so I think your calculation also makes sense. But I would say it is a huge task to change the existing economics of the cable bundling. Because once it is done, a great number of long tail channels will not be able to sustain unless they charge more. So for many consumers the prices for the same piece of content or channel will actually go up.
    Feb 11, 2013. 11:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Living Room Is Too Small For Apple [View article]
    I used to think the same way. But wait a minute, do you really want to check your Facebook status on a big screen that everybody at home can see? Or do you really want to read an article from a screen that is 10 feet away? I think the big screen is a nice extension of your mobile devices, but it can hardly be the center of everything. Having said that, I agree with you that the new generation TV has the potential to control stationary stuff at home, such as lights, monitoring cameras and thermostats.
    Feb 11, 2013. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Living Room Is Too Small For Apple [View article]
    Ecosystem is a nice word. But Apple still makes the vast majority of its profit from selling hardware, even though we all know that iTunes and Apple ecosystem are great. If one day Apple decides to get into the business of selling programming content, I will think again about their capabilities in a completely industry.
    Feb 11, 2013. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment