Jieming See

View Jieming See's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Opportunity In Germany? [View article]
    Yes you're correct that the DAX has outperformed over the longer term. I did highlight that in my last article on Germany.

But this year it has been surprisingly weak and I'm anticipating a rebound.
    Nov 23, 2014. 03:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing France: The Gallic Rooster Cannot Fly [View article]
    Thanks for sharing your views. Yes overseas exposure may reduce the index's reliance on the domestic economy but as the comparison shows French companies have not benefited from global growth as much as German or US stocks. Shorting France looks like a good a pair trade with going long Germany (see my other article)
    Oct 9, 2014. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing France: The Gallic Rooster Cannot Fly [View article]
    Thanks for your comments again! I see you're quite informed on European economies
    Oct 9, 2014. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Along The Watchtower... There Is Too Much Confusion [View article]
    "Businessmen there drink my wine"
    Oct 6, 2014. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasury Bond Watch: Neither Shaken Nor Stirred [View article]
    Thanks for your comments and appreciate you sharing here. Good luck with your TLT trading!
    Sep 18, 2014. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Froth; Examining The Bearish Thesis On China [View article]
    Lol...well good luck to Chanos on his short on china. Like Keynes said the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
    Sep 7, 2014. 06:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deutschland Über Alles; The German Economy Above All [View article]
    Thanks for your comments! I think you made a very insightful observation about the concentration of GDP among German states.
    Sep 7, 2014. 06:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dark Clouds Gather Over The Rising Sun [View article]
    The Nikkei 225 returned a world beating 42% in 2013 beating the S&P500. Stimulus spending do have short term benefits though

However, do agree with you the the Japanese have the same issue with government spending as the US. In fact which major economy do not?

Appreciate your comments, cheers
    Apr 26, 2014. 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chasing The Dragon - Is The Chinese Economy Flaming Out? [View article]
    Thanks for the compliments, i'll still look at lead indicators (PMI, factory orders etc) to confirm my view. if this dips below 50 despite the cyclical post Lunar New Year rebound, then we it is quite possible that Chinese growth for the year may not be able to reach 7%.
    Mar 23, 2014. 07:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chasing The Dragon - Is The Chinese Economy Flaming Out? [View article]
    hi slcddave, thanks for sharing your observations on China's export data here. I'm very happy to have another China watcher sharing his insights here and in my next article on China, the relationship between N.A. and Europe exports to the mainland will could be something i'll explore. Appreciate your feedback on this
    Mar 23, 2014. 07:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chasing The Dragon - Is The Chinese Economy Flaming Out? [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback I will improve my graphics and conclusion in my next article as I write more often
    Mar 20, 2014. 07:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Abenomics And The Japanese Economy [View article]
    Thanks for your comments. I also agree that the easy phase for Abenomics is over. Fiscal expansion and monetary easing has plucked the low hanging fruits and now GDP growth is faltering. More than ever structural reform is necessary now. With declining real wages, inflation and rising sales tax the Japanese consumer/worker/voter will not doubt be feeling the pinch in upcoming months.
    Mar 2, 2014. 09:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment