View as an RSS Feed
PRO articles cover stocks that fly under most investors' radar screens.
Schweitzer-Mauduit: Stock Price Has Yet To Recover From Acquisition
- Schweitzer-Mauduit’s stock price has moved significantly lower over the past several months.
- Current developments could potentially lead to earnings growth down the line.
- The company does a good job of returning money to shareholders.
Alliance One International: A Seldom Discussed Tobacco Company
- Alliance One International is one of the two major tobacco leaf merchants.
- It would seem that debt and recent unprofitability are keeping investors away.
- While there are risks involved, if the company can take steps in the right direction, there is considerable upside potential.
Francesca's: An Expanding Retailer Down Roughly 50% In The Past Year
- Francesca’s sales have quadrupled over the past five years.
- The company plans to add hundreds of new locations over the next seven years.
- In the past year, share price has precipitously declined, due in part to negative same store sales.
If You Believe In A Growing Future For Farming, Take A Look At AGCO
- AGCO has grown revenues and improved margins over the past few years.
- The company has plenty of room to expand outside of Europe and the Americas.
- Rising demand for food production should help manufacturers of agricultural equipment.
America's Car Mart: A Quality Company Facing A Tough Environment
- America’s Car Mart has grown substantially over the past several years.
- Recently, the company has been under pressure from competitors with lower lending standards.
- Due to its focus on quality and customer success, America’s Car Mart should be able to weather the storm.
Wi-Lan: Positive Announcements Receive Negative Reaction
- In 2013, Wi-Lan announced it was embarking on a strategic review to determine the future of the company.
- Wi-Lan has made some major changes to its business in an effort to increase revenue, raise operating leverage, and return more money to shareholders.
- Despite many promising changes, the share price fell following the company's announcement.
Universal Corporation: The Future Seems Bright
- Universal Corporation reported a significant decline in segment income in August 2013.
- Recent earnings have recovered from this decline and management believes that Universal Corporation’s earnings will increase going forward.
- Universal Corporation has a solid balance sheet, new products on the horizon, and they have increased their annual dividend for the past 40 years.
Ennis Inc.: Business Is Better Than It Seems
- Shares of Ennis have declined since their most recent earnings announcement.
- Earnings were significantly lower than in previous quarters, but this was due to a considerable impairment charge.
- Going forward, the company’s earnings should normalize as impairment charges are typically few and far between.
- WiLan: Could Q4's Profits Be The Start Of A Turnaround?