- Value Over Glamor: 2 New Studies Reinforce The Argument That Book Value Is The Best Metric
- Why I Am Not Always An Advocate Of Spin-Offs Or Breakups
- Berkshire Hathaway Is A 'Cult' Stock; Does It Also Serve As A Market 'Tell'?
- Investment Implications Of The Trash Crash: Don't Panic, Don't Kid Yourself, Be Disciplined
- What I Learned The One Time Warren Buffett Was Wrong, And I Was Right
This user currently has no profile.
I am a retired professor, a retired investment adviser, and currently a private investor and full-time tennis pro. I bought my first stock in a custodial account in 1958. I am a student of history, particularly military and economic/market history. The intellectual passions of my retirement years are markets, mathematics, and quantum theory. I like to travel. I served in Vietnam.
- Description: Retiree. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Retirement savings, Stocks - long
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Jerzy Kosinski: a biography (by James Park Sloan) This is a literary biography of a complicated and controversial writer whose childhood took place in Poland during the Holocaust, then a student in Marxist post-war Poland, who was an ambitious emigre writer in 1960 America and a writer/celebrity in the 1970s and 80s later hobnobbing with Henry Kissinger, ...More
being frequent guest on Johnny Carson, but accused of dishonesty about authorship and a fraudulent account of his wartime wanderings in a Village Voice expose. Kosinski committed suicide in 1991. Best known for The Painted Bird and novel and screenplay of Being There, the Peter Sellers movie. His life provides an interesting angle of vision on the times and the several regimes under which he lived. Obviously not a financial work, but a work for history buffs with a literary bent and Kosinski readers. A Dutton hard cover, Penguin Plume paperback.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Value Over Glamor: 2 New Studies Reinforce The Argument That Book Value Is The Best Metric http://seekingalpha.com/a/1d5v5 Jun 30, 2014
Latest Comments more »
- Do I ever agree with this a... on Ignore Yield
- Wonderful article defining ... on Understanding Insurance Float
- Who is the best banker?Well... on Is Wells Fargo Better Than Chase For Your Portf...
- Tom,Thanks for a very solid... on Chubb: Valuing Income From A High-Quality Bond ...
- Scooter-Pop, Let me try to ... on Dover Still Excellent, But Not Currently A Bargain
Latest comments on Jim Sloan's Articles
- x.l on Berkshire Hathaway Is A 'Cult' Stock; Does It A...
- joeycool on Berkshire Hathaway Is A 'Cult' Stock; Does It A...
- sgt.red.blue.red on Berkshire Hathaway Is A 'Cult' Stock; Does It A...
- Bruce7b on Value Over Glamor: 2 New Studies Reinforce The ...
- Briar on Value Over Glamor: 2 New Studies Reinforce The ...
LATEST ARTICLES & INSTAPOSTS more »