Jim Van Meerten

View Jim Van Meerten's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Senomyx - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    it can but I don't use them
    Mar 21 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Electric Technologies -- Sell Signals [View instapost]
    I cut my losses and don't look back
    Mar 6 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Electric Technologies -- Sell Signals [View instapost]
    I looked for it but haven't seen it yet
    Mar 5 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Minco Gold Corp - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    Biffbifford - I never set price targets. I choose a stock if it has had advances in at least 50 % of the trading days in the last month, put in a caution if the stock drops below it's 50 day moving average and dump if it drop to 10% off its recent high or below its 100 day moving average. You succeed if you combine stock picking with a disciplined portfolio management.
    Jan 31 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hickory Tech Is Worth a Look for Income Investors [View article]
    I do a daily Instablog on my picks
    Jan 22 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yahoo Beats Expectations But Falls Anyway [View article]
    Is your stop loss at the 100 day moving average?
    Oct 24 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Too Late For The Micron Technology Turnaround? [View article]
    Please note that the stock is still trading above its 50 day moving average ans is once again trending up so there is no need to panic
    Oct 15 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Micron On The Pullback? [View article]
    Thanks Tom
    Oct 14 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Too Late For The Micron Technology Turnaround? [View article]
    My understanding is copyrighted material can be quoted if you give credit to the author
    Oct 13 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Offers A Challenge For The Individual Investor [View article]
    AJ Clausen -- in the past year my 3 portfolios are up 29.54%, 57.18% and 32.72% All after a net of 2% fee charge vs the S&p 500 at 19.72% with no fee charge.

Simple Technical Analysis works
    Sep 22 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Facebook An Investable Stock? [View article]
    AJ Clausen -- I guess you commented without reading the article - My point is on IPOs you really don't have enough info to base an opinion - A lot of people bought in on the IPO on hype alone and got burned. The stock has now traded for a year and you now have not only a years worth of trading activity without the Underwriting groups' price manipulation but you also have analysts and the Publics' recommendations and opinions to consider.

By investable I'm not saying buy - I'm saying you now have enough info to decide
    Sep 22 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Robama Hood continues to rob from the "rich" [View instapost]
    Every child and elderly should not go to bed hungry or have their ailment unattended - to the rest I say get a job!
    Sep 21 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Offers A Challenge For The Individual Investor [View article]
    Technical analysis is really not that complicated -- It all boils down to the change in price. In the end only 3 things drive a change in price : Changes is Revenue, Earnings and the Price Earnings ratio - which is really just a Optimism/Pessimism ratio of the validity of the other two
    Sep 18 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Offers A Challenge For The Individual Investor [View article]
    The less the better --- Big boys don't keep me out but you have to realize that Soro, Ichan or Aikerman can ruin your day
    Sep 12 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Offers A Challenge For The Individual Investor [View article]
    Alec2003 - I've been investing for over 40 years and found 2 area where I can avoid the majority of the Big Boys
    1 - Stocks under $19
    2- Market Caps under $1 billion

Because of issues of scale you can invest there safely
    Sep 12 07:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment