Jim Van Meerten

View Jim Van Meerten's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BAC, C, CSCO -- Technical Caution Or Sell Signals [View instapost]
    Uncertainty is the reason I'd be out.
    Oct 18 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated Communication May Be Peaking [View article]
    Stephen - I commented on that above -- after an acquisition is completed the company publishes restated consolidated financial statements and the analysts and market incorporate that in to the projection and stock pricing. That has already happened.
    Sep 25 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated Communication May Be Peaking [View article]
    The reason I mention short interest is 2 fold. First, short sellers tend to be more sophisticated and knowledgeable. Here we have a rising price, poor earnings projections and growing sort interest --- that makes me project a peak. Second remember volume is by day and short interest is cumulative. I haven't found any creditable studies that show ratio of short interest has a better correlation than direction of total short interest to predict future pricing. If you found one, please share.
    Sep 25 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated Communication May Be Peaking [View article]
    all 4 for the companies mentioned are in the same SIC category. An east coast and a west coast grocer may not be competitors but they would have the same SIC and analysts would compare them. As to completed acquisitions once the acquisition is completed and all the financials are restated, factored into the analysts projection and the markets evaluations are factored in there is no need to mention it.
    Sep 25 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cardinal Health - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    HCN
    Sep 25 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Actavis Is The Best Bet In The Drug Sector [View article]
    I let the momentum tell me that
    Sep 18 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy - A Bright Spot In Electronics Retailers [View article]
    9772581 you are entirely correct -- that's why I want to to read my post closely. I do not buy because of analysts good forecasts. However, If I like a stock and they don't then I double check my own research. They may be wrong but if they are advising all their clients to dump something, then it's hard for the stock to go up. Does that make sense?
    Sep 16 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UGI Inc. Is Cooking With Gas [View article]
    So I guess your advice is to get your investment ideas for anonymous sources who post neither their name nor their investment experience?
    Sep 12 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandridge Mississippian Trust Sell Signals [View instapost]
    dividend Ex date was 8/14 Dividend was less than 8% but the stock is off 19% for the quarter. Besides I an a momentum investor not a dividend investor.
    I got the dividend
    Aug 20 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GlobalStar - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    Watch for a pull back
    Jul 3 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery - Buy Signals [View instapost]
    look at total volumne
    Jun 17 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery - Buy Signals [View instapost]
    the NASDAQ.com website covers short interest
    Jun 17 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's 5 Top Large Caps [View article]
    I try to give you the info I like to know about a stock. then it's easier to decide if I want to do further research on it
    May 28 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Senomyx - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    it can but I don't use them
    Mar 21 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Electric Technologies -- Sell Signals [View instapost]
    I cut my losses and don't look back
    Mar 6 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment