Jim Van Meerten

View Jim Van Meerten's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple - The Information The Editors Of SA Didn't Want You To Read [View instapost]
    like every publication, new editors have a learning curve
    Apr 22, 2015. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Popular Stocks Falter PG CHK BRK ATVI WMT [View instapost]
    might be a great oppotunity
    Apr 10, 2015. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • North American Palladium May Be About To Explode Upward [View article]
    Whoops!
    Feb 26, 2015. 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 More Popular Stocks [View instapost]
    I;m in Charlotte NC
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 5 Best NASDAQ 100 Stocks [View instapost]
    $ORLY looks like a great buy to me
    Feb 12, 2015. 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Joe, I was actually doing a Fujian White Crane pose when I posted that article
    Feb 9, 2015. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dave And Buster's Entertainment - Barchart Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    That is the reason I use a mental moving stop loss on all my stocks approximately 10% below its recent high.
    Feb 3, 2015. 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 More Popular Stocks [View instapost]
    no one can predict where the market is going but you can interpret in which direction it is trending
    Jan 20, 2015. 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Healthcare Trust Of America - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    Dec 24, 2014. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Allstate Corp - Barchart Chart Of The DAy [View instapost]
    I suggest a moving stop loss to preserve your profits
    Nov 13, 2014. 10:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Actavis Is The Best Bet In The Drug Sector [View article]
    Nov 6, 2014. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BAC, C, CSCO -- Technical Caution Or Sell Signals [View instapost]
    Uncertainty is the reason I'd be out.
    Oct 18, 2014. 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated Communication May Be Peaking [View article]
    Stephen - I commented on that above -- after an acquisition is completed the company publishes restated consolidated financial statements and the analysts and market incorporate that in to the projection and stock pricing. That has already happened.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated Communication May Be Peaking [View article]
    The reason I mention short interest is 2 fold. First, short sellers tend to be more sophisticated and knowledgeable. Here we have a rising price, poor earnings projections and growing sort interest --- that makes me project a peak. Second remember volume is by day and short interest is cumulative. I haven't found any creditable studies that show ratio of short interest has a better correlation than direction of total short interest to predict future pricing. If you found one, please share.
    Sep 25, 2014. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated Communication May Be Peaking [View article]
    all 4 for the companies mentioned are in the same SIC category. An east coast and a west coast grocer may not be competitors but they would have the same SIC and analysts would compare them. As to completed acquisitions once the acquisition is completed and all the financials are restated, factored into the analysts projection and the markets evaluations are factored in there is no need to mention it.
    Sep 25, 2014. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment