Jim Van Meerten

View Jim Van Meerten's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Actavis Is The Best Bet In The Drug Sector [View article]
    I let the momentum tell me that
    Sep 18 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy - A Bright Spot In Electronics Retailers [View article]
    9772581 you are entirely correct -- that's why I want to to read my post closely. I do not buy because of analysts good forecasts. However, If I like a stock and they don't then I double check my own research. They may be wrong but if they are advising all their clients to dump something, then it's hard for the stock to go up. Does that make sense?
    Sep 16 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UGI Inc. Is Cooking With Gas [View article]
    So I guess your advice is to get your investment ideas for anonymous sources who post neither their name nor their investment experience?
    Sep 12 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandridge Mississippian Trust Sell Signals [View instapost]
    dividend Ex date was 8/14 Dividend was less than 8% but the stock is off 19% for the quarter. Besides I an a momentum investor not a dividend investor.
    I got the dividend
    Aug 20 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GlobalStar - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    Watch for a pull back
    Jul 3 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery - Buy Signals [View instapost]
    look at total volumne
    Jun 17 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery - Buy Signals [View instapost]
    the NASDAQ.com website covers short interest
    Jun 17 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's 5 Top Large Caps [View article]
    I try to give you the info I like to know about a stock. then it's easier to decide if I want to do further research on it
    May 28 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Senomyx - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    it can but I don't use them
    Mar 21 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Electric Technologies -- Sell Signals [View instapost]
    I cut my losses and don't look back
    Mar 6 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Electric Technologies -- Sell Signals [View instapost]
    I looked for it but haven't seen it yet
    Mar 5 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Minco Gold Corp - Barchart's Chart Of The Day [View instapost]
    Biffbifford - I never set price targets. I choose a stock if it has had advances in at least 50 % of the trading days in the last month, put in a caution if the stock drops below it's 50 day moving average and dump if it drop to 10% off its recent high or below its 100 day moving average. You succeed if you combine stock picking with a disciplined portfolio management.
    Jan 31 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hickory Tech Is Worth a Look for Income Investors [View article]
    I do a daily Instablog on my picks
    Jan 22 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yahoo Beats Expectations But Falls Anyway [View article]
    Is your stop loss at the 100 day moving average?
    Oct 24 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Too Late For The Micron Technology Turnaround? [View article]
    Please note that the stock is still trading above its 50 day moving average ans is once again trending up so there is no need to panic
    Oct 15 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment