Jody Kohut

View Jody Kohut's Comments BY TICKER:
  • On Elon Musk And Tesla Motors: The Art Of Modern Warfare In A Noble Cause [View article]
    To further another's comment. Why is it you don't own shares in this company?
    May 28 11:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invest Like Your Grandparents With These Dividend Payers [View article]
    Any reason why you dont follow your own advice? Why arent you long any of these? Im long ED.
    Apr 3 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Powershares International Dividend Achievers: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. My point is that perhaps there are stocks within that fund that personally you might not want to buy and by choosing various stocks yourself you can be further ahead. After 1 year for the ETF: dividends ($244) - expenses ($65.99) would be around $178.01. For the personal fund I selected it would be $417 -$99.90 =$317.00. So even after 1 year you could more than make up the extra brokerage fees and save on future fund expenses.
    Mar 25 07:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Vs. Halliburton And The Legacy Of The Gulf Disaster [View article]
    Cement recipes are mixed in the lab in town before being mixed on the rig site. Records should be kept of this. I think I remember reading before that those records were misplaced -not 100 percent sure on that though. After the actual cement job samples are taken of the cement so it can be observed to check on its hardening progress but I don't believe those samples are saved. They would probably still be sitting on a desk somewhere on the rig at the time of the disaster.
    Mar 22 10:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Vs. Halliburton And The Legacy Of The Gulf Disaster [View article]
    It's quite possible Halliburton could go to 50. The link to the analyst mentioned in the article was looking for 70. Perhaps my view is hard to quantify but after following HAL for many, many years I see it trading in a lot of up and down movements. I also think its quite possible for HAL to drop below 35 again. I think oil should be a part of a balanced portfolio but I personally prefer to do this by way of a major. I would prefer to get dividends while I'm waiting.
    Mar 21 06:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lorillard And The Ban That Wasn't [View article]
    I meant to say its a 83 percent of its yearly high but perhaps it would have been better to say 17 percent off its yearly high.
    Mar 18 05:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lorillard And The Ban That Wasn't [View article]
    It's tough to pick a bottom but if you don't get the timing right at least you still get some nice dividends while you wait.
    Mar 18 05:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment