Joe Kunkle

View Joe Kunkle's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Option Traders Position for High Yielding Shippers to Sink [View article]
    TK reported earnings last night, and it did not go well - shares down from 27.6 to around 24 so far since article published
    Aug 12, 2010. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Systemax Earnings Prove It's the New Best Buy? [View article]
    All I know is it set up as a perfect short into earnings....stocktwits.com/OptionR...
    Aug 11, 2010. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Grid: Utility Stock at Great Value With Big Dividend [View article]
    With NGG Up 15% Since my writing it would be time to take profits here, and buy dips around 38.50
    Aug 11, 2010. 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Systemax Earnings Prove It's the New Best Buy? [View article]
    They missed estimates by a mile.....it was one of the worst reports in Q2 by any company....
    Aug 11, 2010. 06:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Position for High Yielding Shippers to Sink [View article]
    CHJ - by looking at the bid-ask spread and where the price of the execution was you can determine a buyer vs. a seller, along with changes in the IV and skew structure of the options....years of experience makes it easy for me at this point
    Aug 10, 2010. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Position for High Yielding Shippers to Sink [View article]
    Paragon is Dry Bulk - Different Industry - Looking at Oil Tankers Here
    Aug 9, 2010. 06:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Position for High Yielding Shippers to Sink [View article]
    Thanks for the note - that is a key fact I left out and is worth noting...making the bearish case even stronger
    Aug 5, 2010. 10:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    If you go to my website OptionsHawk.com you can sign up easily from there. Look forward to working with you. Actually had two major Biotech stories today, and Sep/Oct. going to be very active for FDA Decisions, so I am excited!
    Aug 3, 2010. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    He also turned bullish ARNA Friday after a huge run-up and shares fell 10% Monday. I have no clue why he was so bullish into it as everything pointed to failure.

I have had a lot of success with Biotech trading into FDA events as I had a similar strategy in ITMN, and also nailed the DNDN move, as well as the HGSI surge last year.
    Aug 3, 2010. 06:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    All of the action I was seeing told me that the Panel would not approve due to safety issues. Also, I sold calls that were far enough out of the money to expire worthless even on approval, because shares were already over-valued as two other companies have similar drugs (OREX and ARNA). The trade was structured with being long further OTM calls in Sep., so the net credit trade had a 97% chance of profitability, a trade worth taking every time.

It is all about structuring the trade based on expectations and the implied move being priced in the options.
    Aug 2, 2010. 07:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Ok Art....master of the run-on sentence and the misplacement of commas
    Jul 29, 2010. 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    I think everyone has rendered your commentary useless...so no response needed Mr Basement Dwelling Conspiracy Theorist
    Jul 29, 2010. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    A bit late but WSJ starting to recognize the Gold Bubble

blogs.wsj.com/marketbe.../
    Jul 29, 2010. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Update: Gold Miners Off 8% Since this Article while market has rallied - NEM down even more - I see Gold support around $1,120 for a bounce - long term uptrend officially broken
    Jul 27, 2010. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Lil papi:

Yes, u got me...I was completely exposed by putting out a trade idea that turned a big profit in just a few days....

You are a clown...once you move out of your mama's basement and get off welfare maybe I will pay attention to you. I see you have written 0 articles....so I guess you just spend your time on websites looking for ideas from people much smarter than you because you have nothing useful to provide, and need to latch on to what others are saying....keep on hating what you can't be
    Jul 16, 2010. 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment