Joe Kunkle

View Joe Kunkle's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    This coming from a guy promoting the most manipulated market in the World...Gold....where the Central Banks control the prices....I would rather put my money to work with some real analysis...thanks
    Jul 16, 2010. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    In my final note on this article:

Conspiracy Theories are for LOSERS looking for someone to blame, and how is this propaganda when I gave everyone a trading idea and it made 74% in a week...good luck finding a long term manager making that over 25 years....
    Jul 16, 2010. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Closed NEM Puts at $3.05 for a 74% Gain

Still feel Gold is heading lower as w break $1,200 here, but will be on vacation next week and not trading much.

And that is how it is done!
    Jul 16, 2010. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    NZER - The Silver (SLV) options have been extremely active lately with big put buyers in August (95,000 Aug. 15's in Open Interest Now). Much of this could be hedging, but Silver is even more of an inflation play, so it could easily breakdown at that 17 level and head for 15.

Silver is more of an industrial metal than Gold and with the Gold/Silver ratio out of whack, I like Silver a bit more, and the same goes for Platinum and Palladium.
    Jul 15, 2010. 08:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    lil papi - tough to take much from a guy that can't comprehend the English language (hence, if Gold goes down you will want to BUY more, not BY more)

Art65: You obviously know nothing about trading options, because you can design strategies to take advantage of mispricings in option volatility (I would say more but I do not want your small mind to explode)

For example, ahead of the Vivus (VVUS) FDA Panel I sold July 16 Calls and Bought August 20 Calls in a Diagonal Spread for a $0.55 Net Credit ($55 Per Spread and Opened 200X = Easy $11,000 as July 16's expire worthless, and August $20's as well)

When designed the trade had a 97.6% Probability of Profit, so I will take that any day of the week.

I am done with you 2 haters - you obviously have a feeble understanding of trading and try to put down people that can actually make money in up and down markets....good luck to you.

As for everyone else, I feel silly even arguing with these 2 fools, and hope you can see the intent of this article was not to bash Gold as an investment, it was to present the facts that Gold is in a short term bubble and is due for a pullback, and traders are betting against the miners.

Today, there were massive buys of GLD August puts, which makes me even more confident that Gold is heading down.
    Jul 15, 2010. 06:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Tough Crowd....

Never said I was rich..although I have plenty of money to do whatever I want, no boss, work from my own home office, and have clients paying me good money for investment advice...so I can't complain...especially being someone that does not need money because I prefer a day out in the woods, or fishing on a lake over anything else.

Stand by what I said...long term managers strive for 7 to 10% returns a year, which is an absolute joke.

I set up high probability trades in options for basically easy money, trading FDA Decisions, Earnings, etc., not just speculation. I could trade 1 week a year and generate better returns that long term holders.

As for taking advice from me...I never forced anyone to read this, do as you will, but I would not be betting against me...
    Jul 15, 2010. 04:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Simply looking at PUT and CALL Open Interest is Useless as it does not tell if the puts/calls were bought or sold to open, so you really have to follow the larger trades to get a better reading.

Gold Miners (GDX) August $49/$46 put spreads bought around 2,500X today

As for Art65, you have issues, and America is the least of the global worries...China is a BUBBLE and Europe is on the verge of collapsing and the Euro will be at Par with the USD within a year
    Jul 15, 2010. 11:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Ha, some laughable responses...and the truth is I am the first to know where the big money is positioning because I monitor the action every day.

BTW, I have no master - I work for myself

NEM Puts are +43% in 2 days...easy money, will let them gain more
    Jul 15, 2010. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Gold demand in Industrial and Jewelry has declined steadily since 2007, currently 30% less demand. Meanwhile, supply is steadily rising.

It is a simple supply/demand story.

Also, your stats are misleading about Gold as a % of global assets. The truth is that Retail Investment in Gold is up 800% in 5 years, and total investment demand is up 100%.

When retail is starting to pile money into an asset, whether it be Tech Stocks or Gold....you have signs of a bubble.

A bubble is when an investment is no longer based on numbers but on greed or fear......BINGO = GOLD
    Jul 15, 2010. 07:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Traders Bet on Sell-Off in Gold Miners [View article]
    Trade was not tied to shares - you would not hedge a long share position with a 3 legged spread, inefficient and I can see when shares are tied to option positions.

Saying the Gold trade is not crowded is just foolish...15% of commercials on TV are trying to sell Gold coins, etc. Hedge Funds have loaded up on Gold the past year and will be unloading.

Technicals point to a move lower, not higher.

Long Term Investors? Ha, they have faired well the past 15 years...right...I can make more in a single trading week swing trading options than long term money managers can make in a year
    Jul 14, 2010. 05:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • M&A Market: Potential Acquisition Plays in Each Sector [View article]
    CYBX, THOR, VOLC Potential targets Following MEND Deal

ADCT Bought Out Today; SCMR, HRS, BBOX Could be Network Infrastructure Names In Play
    Jul 13, 2010. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Grid: Utility Stock at Great Value With Big Dividend [View article]
    Just a few comments:

Thanks for the feedback.

I mistakenly noted the options, and NGG does not trade options on the ADR although you could play it via the European listing.

Shares are trending higher, and if the Company does decide to spin off or sell US assets it would be reflected positively in the share price.

I was just attempting to highlight a high yielding and fairly valued investment idea. Shares traded record volume today so there is accumulation.
    Jul 12, 2010. 10:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • M&A Market: Potential Acquisition Plays in Each Sector [View article]
    MEND bought out by JNJ Today - Medical Devices Continues to be Hot in M&A

Noted MEND as Takeover Target on 5/3: stocktwits.com/OptionR...
    Jul 12, 2010. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • M&A Market: Potential Acquisition Plays in Each Sector [View article]
    The recent EMC Deal for Greenplum puts Data Warehousing names as a big potential consolidation sector. GIB, IGTE, INFA, and TDC are potential targets, but I like Syntel (SYNT) a lot here:

Trades 13.7X earnings, PEG of 0.77, and 6.9X cash value with 20% revenue growth. Shares are 30% of 2009 highs and business is better than ever.
    Jul 9, 2010. 07:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • M&A Market: Potential Acquisition Plays in Each Sector [View article]
    Also like Aecom (ACM) after seeing calls bought at Aug. 40 strike today.

Aecom provides architectural consulting and has a lot of government based business, more recession proof. Shares are extremely cheap at 10.1X earnings, PEG of 0.9, and 0.4X sales. A great value name with a $2.66B market cap that could make a nice takeover target.
    Jul 8, 2010. 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment