View as an RSS Feed
View Joel Elconin's Articles BY TICKER:
Microsoft: Time To 'Sell The News'?
- Morgan Stanley analyst provided a boost on Wednesday to MSFT.
- Old technology back in vogue.
- Massive job cuts announced on Thursday by MSFT.
- What is next for MSFT?
Next Momentum Stock Poised For A Breakout? Amazon
- Resolved long consolidation period to the upside.
- Prime, Streaming content and Fire may be the catalysts to move the issue higher.
- Technical Outlook.
Friday's Russell Reconstruction Sets Tone For Next Big Move
- Issues being added to the index declining late Friday.
- Issues being deleted out of the index rallying late Friday.
- Imbalances not flipping in the last minute of trading.
- Follow through of moves in Tuesday's trading.
Now That The 'Little Guy' Is In Apple, Time For The Flush
- Price action in Apple since 7 for 1 split.
- Circumstances behind the current rally.
- Would Steve Jobs have approved of Carl Icahn's tactics?
- Developing head and shoulder topping pattern.
Left Behind In The Rally: Pfizer
- Volatility in the issue resulting from the pursuit of AstraZeneca.
- Revenues miss riles the Street.
- Recent trend of buying the laggards.
Twitter Finally Warms Up To Wall Street
- Price action in Twitter following lock-up expiration.
- Wall Street analysts come to the rescue with upgrades.
- Price action in Twitter following the multiple ratings changes.
Did Tyson Foods Really Win The Hillshire Takeover Battle?
- Review of Tyson's history of acquisitions.
- Recap of the takeover battle for Hillshire Brands.
- Price action in Tyson Foods since deal was finalized.
Has Priceline Already Seen The Top?
- Review of recent analysts comments on Priceline.
- Technical outlook for Priceline.
- Long-term option strategy for Priceline.
Who Is Buying Gold At $1,290 And Why?
- Long consolidation period for gold.
- Multiple lows above and below $1,290.
- Who is supporting gold at this level?
- Strategies to participate if gold rallies.
What To Do With Apple Stock Ahead Of Split
- Recent price action in Apple as it approaches its record date (June 2) for 7 for 1 split.
- Review of trading activity in Apple by well-known investors.
- Price action of MasterCard following its 10 for 1 stock split.
Learning From The Facebook IPO Debacle To Invest In Twitter
- Review of dynamics surrounding Facebook IPO.
- Review of dynamics surrounding Twitter IPO.
- Implications from Facebook IPO if attempting to in invest in Twitter.
Do Not Buy The Rumor, Buy The Pullback
- Price action in DirecTV since rumors of merger with AT&T surfaced.
- Price action in Lorillard since rumors of mergers with Reynolds American Inc. surfaced.
- Strategy for playing potential takeover candidates.
Bankruptcy Can Lead Your Returns Even Higher - Case In Point - American Airlines
- American Airlines bankruptcy.
- AAMRQ trading activity in the pink sheets.
- Return of (AAL) since merger.
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of August 27, 2012
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of August 20, 2012
- Best Buy Or Best Sell?
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of August 6th 2012
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of July 30, 2012
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook - Week Of July 23rd
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook Week Of July 16, 2012
- Unemployment Rate No Longer A Good Market Indicator
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook: The Week Of July 9th, 2012
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of July 2nd 2012
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of June 25th
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook - Week Of June 18th
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook - Week Of June 11th
- High-Frequency Trading And Friday's Job Report
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook-Week Of June 4th
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook: Week Of May 28th
- Facebook IPO: Like It At $40, Love It At $32?
- S&P 500 Index And Big 10 Weekly Outlook: Week Of May 21st
- Warren Buffett: Deep Pockets And Sweet Deals