JoeNatural

View JoeNatural's Comments BY TICKER:
  • J.C. Penney: Realistic Possibilities In The Face Of Serious Liquidity Issues [View article]
    Although I have a small "long" position, this is by far the best bear thesis I've read. The author gets a "follow" from me. And FWIW .... I absolutely love what JCP has to offer clothing and price wise. Maybe I'm by myself, but oh well.
    Feb 4 02:33 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Sell-Off Is An Opportunity... To Sell [View article]
    Apparently you missed the stock closing green yesterday when the Dow finished -326 and that sends every signal in the world but sell.
    Feb 4 07:13 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C.Penney: A Case Study In Poor IR, Time For Ullman To Step Down [View article]
    Ullman is as exciting as a trip to the dentist.
    Feb 1 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will T-Mobile's Aggressive Patent Defense Derail On Track's Momentum? [View article]
    ZMSPF receives their Markman ruling no later than this coming Thursday and in the meantime the company entered into the 3-D printing space today ....

I knew they had various 3-D patents, but never examined them at all. I believe we saw it's all-time volume today, nearly 7 million shares when you include its Toronto Exchange symbol of ZMS.V and this article was also released today .....

Jan 31 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Apple's Stock Worth? [View article]
    At this price, I actually view AAPL as a safe-haven play if the market decides to take a rest. I can't stand Tim Cook and think the guy is clueless, but this great company has wayyyy more to offer besides an Obama-loving Democrat that prefers to remain in left field during the game.
    Jan 30 09:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turnaround At J.C. Penney Might Not Be In The Cards [View article]
    Less than a 5% chance of a turnaround ? LOL. Obviously Ullman spent $1 million in buying the stock at $9.65 just for the fun of it. Right ? Yeah .... that's the ticket.
    Jan 30 03:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: How To Lose At Winning [View article]
    I was screaming at the top of my lungs in our trading room for holders to sell their shares above $5.50, but no .... most bought the stock and then sold later at a loss. VRNG is a terrible stock to play, period. Google's appeal will drag out for eternity and the lousy management team of VRNG will go back to the well and raise more capital. This is the easiest short there ever was on any and all pops.
    Jan 30 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can J.C. Penney Be Saved? [View article]
    You guys all make it sound like JCP can't be turned around. Not sure about the JCP near you, but the one near me is a wayyyyyyy different store than it was a year ago. Lots more people and the store presentation is miles better than it was. And no one likes the selection ? Really ? I LOVE the stuff I buy at JCP and the prices are awesome. As an ex professional golfer, naturally I head for the golf attire and what costs me $50 at JCP would cost me $150 at the PGA store. Quality ? Just as good as anything I'd find at the PGA store. Also, I must comment about the store employees, as they are more helpful and cheerful now than ever before. Don't know what happened and maybe they're now taught to be fake, but I couldn't ask for more.

I walked into a Dillard's a couple of weeks ago, looked at the prices and "sticker shock" immediately sent me out of the store. I walked to the opposite end of the mall and JCP had wayyyy more people in it than Dillard's had.
    Jan 29 01:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing Like A South Korean Chaebol - Top 4 Stocks To Own [View article]
    ionaboat, I still don't own the stock, but sure wish I did before the article was released. Had no idea it would pop like it did. You refer to posts above that are over 6 months old. Why ? Investment and trading scenarios change quickly and although I loved the big partnership(s) news back in the summer when I first started tracking the stock, I wasn't aware of the convertible debt and thus hit the sidelines. On top of that, I knew long time shareholders were getting restless. It's almost a whole new game now and as I said above to Doewap, I'm looking for the elimination of the convertible debt as my catalyst to jump in and declare "game on."

Hey, congrats on your first Seeking Alpha post. Are you by chance some sort of stalker of the author ? I found your first post as very odd to say the least. Maybe you're just a fan of my analysis, have followed me for a long time and I just don't know it ?
    Jan 27 11:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chinese Stocks Slide After U.S. Judge Ruling: Is This A Buying Opportunity For Investors Amidst Overreactions? [View article]
    For anyone interested in Chinese stocks, it's a "MUST" to speak with Barry Kitt, the man who has brought more Chinese companies public than anyone. I spoke at length with him back on January 3, 2011 and at that time, he told me he had just taken his last cent out of China and will never invest in China again. He went on to say that when he met many Chinese CEO's face to face, they have no problem looking eye to eye with you and lying through their teeth. I found that statement compelling.

I like Justin's (the author) articles a great deal, but I can't disagree with him more on NQ, as the company may not be one big fraud, but some fraud DOES exist and any fraud at all no matter how big or small puts an investment in great danger. Don't think for a second that the SEC won't eventually get around to probing into NQ.
    Jan 25 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pro-Dex: Potential Insider Buys Suggest Dramatic Stock Rise [View article]
    Down on huge volume today. Definitely some big time dumpers today.
    Jan 23 11:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mast Pharmaceuticals Inc.: Breakthrough Drug MST-188 Could Lead To Huge Gains [View article]
    As always, Bob's right in the middle of the hot action. If you don't follow this guy on Seeking Alpha, you're missing out big time IMO.
    Jan 21 08:32 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inquiry To Kodak Reveals Bullish Outlook On Uni-Pixel [View article]
    LFD, at this point, it's certainly not about a romance and since you seem 100% sure that you know more than Kodak's engineers, I would simply advise that you stay short. Different opinions is what makes a market and it's my current opinion that those who short the stock right now risk losing a heck of a lot more than those on the long side. I wouldn't short a stock (especially an overcrowded position) in a hundred years that traded near $10 with a real chance of earning over $5 a share within the next calendar year. That kind of a trade is reckless and just asking for trouble.
    Jan 19 11:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing Like A South Korean Chaebol - Top 4 Stocks To Own [View article]
    Doewap, if you'll read my post again, obviously it implies that I don't own the stock, but am "watching like a hawk" for possible entry. The shareholder base is super strong and that's very important to me. I can see where old shareholders could be very frustrated, but with all the developments in the last 6 months, now is no time to throw in the towel. I'm specifically looking for the wiping out of the remaining convertible debt and then I think it's game on.
    Jan 19 10:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing Like A South Korean Chaebol - Top 4 Stocks To Own [View article]
    Solar Guru, personally, I am watching ITKG like a hawk, as they finally did something in the past 6 months that they've been trying to for the last 13 years .... get customers and the potential is mind boggling. Their new CEO of a year now has accomplished more in one year than the company has since inception. He's of a different breed and he's executing big time. To be fair to old management, the industry experts I've spoken with told me bringing this type of new technology to market takes years and thus an inflection point has now been reached. Here are some highlights from the CEO's presentation last week .....

1) 28 people in attendance
    2) Detroit tech center space is very affordable and now gives the many interested companies a place to go other than the company having to be mobile
    3) Lots of discussion surrounding the patents and technology
    4) Someone asked if the company was talking to GM or Ford and the answer appeared to be that all major auto companies were very interested
    5) Someone asked about Tesla and the CEO really displayed enthusiasm at that point, saying EV makers are a perfect fit, noting that one particular part of the car alone could see a 60 pound reduction if replaced with Electriplast. He said that Tesla moves quickly when it comes to innovation and I believe he said don't be surprised if there's an announcement involving Tesla this year
    6) All perceived waste continues to be eliminated and the company is much more efficient now
    7) Inflection point in the company's 13-year history reached and the CEO seems very relieved that shareholders will soon see rewards for their patience
    8) When someone asked about addressable market for Electriplast, it seemed the possibilities were endless
    9) New CEO (Doug Bathauer) running the business entirely different than past management and current events should have happened years ago, but nonetheless fruition is finally at hand
    10) Destructive convertible debt being eliminated

The entire presentation along with Q&A lasted 1 hour and 28 minutes and I get the impression there will be a great deal of news this year.
    Jan 18 09:34 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment