John Austerman

View John Austerman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dunkin' Brands: Effective Management = Higher Yields [View article]
    Yes, slowly but surely.
    Jun 26 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dunkin' Brands: Effective Management = Higher Yields [View article]
    I enjoy constructive criticism though do not like mere comments of a personal nature suggesting that was not complete from someone without a profile or previous comments on the site. Please provide supporting data with such comments. Also, I have been abroad many times and have not had bad experiences at either location. Perhaps you were rude overseas as you have been on here.
    Jun 25 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of Natural Resource Partners L.P. [View article]
    Been considering the same. Only problem is that NRP is already a huge chunk of my portfolio. Overall, I am still in the green when including dividends. I am watching, if it hits $12.50 I will buy for sure, aiming for 2009 levels to accumulate. Other than that I still haven't decided.I really like this company long term though.
    Jun 2 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of Natural Resource Partners L.P. [View article]
    Retirement and promotion from within.... I think very little will change. Thoughts?
    Jun 2 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of Natural Resource Partners L.P. [View article]
    jrs03n,

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the comment.
    Jun 1 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World Debt Bubble Is About To Burst [View article]
    When you say "physical" are you referring to, for example, Sprott's offerings (PSLV), miners, or literally Canadian Maple types? I have been in since it went below $20 with all of the above vice the miners.
    Jun 1 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of Natural Resource Partners L.P. [View article]
    Is everyone still holding? I have never sold a share of this company though current share price leaves me a little worried.
    Jun 1 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Forest: A Growing, Profitable Company With A 30+ Country Customer Base [View article]
    I am very happy that the dividend is still being paid. Hopefully this suggests future financial stability.
    May 21 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Like Exxon Mobil, Buy Rosneft [View article]
    I am still considering a position and with the current news I may buy on a dip. Thoughts?
    May 8 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Coming Bull Market In Timber [View article]
    Don't forget that there are smaller, though higher risk, plays out there such as Western Forest and the like.

Apr 4 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Buy Kinder Morgan As Insiders Invest? [View article]
    What happens when/if Kinder decides to sell all at once? Can he ? That would destroy that company...
    Mar 16 07:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of Natural Resource Partners L.P. [View article]
    Anyone adding at $14 range? I have held off so far but thinking of adding to my position soon.
    Mar 13 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Plug Power, FuelCell Mean [View article]
    My second largest position was FCEL at about $1. When it hit $4.30 or so I sold. I am now waiting to see how the media will treat this stock. If the price is right, I will go long but at a smaller percent of my portfolio. Doc, how much do you think share value should be? $2ish? I am having troubles putting a buy point on this stock.
    Mar 13 06:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rhino Resource Partners: New Leadership, New Strategy? [View article]
    Joshua,

In regards to "developing their core"; If they are not the best in class at a particular sector they can always lease to someone who is. This not only lowers risk but allows a steady income from the lease. I have to disagree that diversification is not important on the management level. Even in the smallest regard, such as a board of directors, diversity is the key and the reason in which they have such venues. Diversity can aid at any level of an organization to bring in different opinions and experience to aid in growth.
    Mar 2 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rhino Resource Partners: New Leadership, New Strategy? [View article]
    Joshua,

I agree. I am actually considering a position. You believe RNO is "best in class" in comparison to say NRP?
    Feb 28 03:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment