John Dalt

View John Dalt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gold: 2012 Trade Of The Year [View article]
    indianamark-
    Thanks for reading and sharing information. People don't understand the nefarious actions of JPM and others. They are manipulating the price and crushing a lot of people.--John
    Jan 1 08:20 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: 2012 Trade Of The Year [View article]
    auto44-
    Who is flooding the market with sell orders on Sunday nights? No volume equals lower prices. Traders wake up to a gap down and think WTF, and the table is set for a massive sell off. There also seems to be a problem with claims on contracts from MF Global. Do they belong to the traders that placed them, or JPM and UBS that loaned money to MF Global? Thanks for reading. I am not 'wired-in' to the market like many but doesn't the Silver market stink just a little?
    Dec 31 09:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: 2012 Trade Of The Year [View article]
    indianamark-

Never has so little been made of so much! He has single-handedly done more to destroy confidence in the Comex than anyone, even JPM. Thank for reading.
    Dec 30 04:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Grand Bargain: International Money Fund And The European Financial Stability Facility [View article]
    rajrw-
    440 billion euro is not enough. The plan was to leverage it up to over $1 trillion by selling bonds. The first auction did not go well, because investors didn't want them. If they put the money to the IMF this gives investors stronger security. This is my theory, but listen to the bureaucrats. They want stronger IMF participation. The IMF doesn't have the balance sheet, EFSF can't borrow money. Put the two together as I have suggested and it works...like magic.
    Thanks for reading.
    Nov 25 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watch Eurozone Interest Rates [View article]
    Asbytec-
    Thanks for reading and comments
    Nov 14 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Flat For Safety [View article]
    auto44-
    Thanks for reading and the comments. I understand, just don't like the down 20% to 30%. I have used these shorts to take some of the pain out of the down days. I have also lost some of the up in the up days, but consider it a "cost" of taking out some volatility.
    Nov 3 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Flat For Safety [View article]
    Bob Mayo-
    Thanks for reading and comments. Yes it could be if you are willing to go in and out of each position. Sometimes we don't completely go flat, but cover some of the losses if the market moves lower with a partial position. We are not trying to "trade" the portfolio, just take some of the pain out of potential hard down days.
    Oct 23 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Flat For Safety [View article]
    outcastsearcher-
    Thanks for reading and the comments. To each his own. I like Jack, he has his products to sell, I have mine. Each investor needs to do what he is comfortable with. I would suggest ignoring the volatility in today's 100 point swings is dangerous to your financial health. If the Euro breaks, you could take years of "dollar cost averaging" to get back to even. Not my idea of management or advice worthy of following. Most of my customers have still not recovered from the tech bust ten years ago.
    Oct 23 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Flat For Safety [View article]
    auto44-
    Thanks for reading and the comments. Everyone is a long-term investor, until they are down 20 or 30 percent.
    Oct 23 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Flat For Safety [View article]
    Johann-
    Yes, you do lose some because of tracking error. But you are going to lose some "premium" if you buy puts. We don't stay in these long, buy when the market hits new highs, sell after it bounces. Thanks for reading.
    Oct 22 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Flat For Safety [View article]
    SteveZ1-
    Thanks for reading. You may be right. I do agree we will have dips, I don't know on timing.

Oct 22 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed's 'Twist' Could Hurt REITs [View article]
    Doyle3000-
    Thanks for reading. I am going to wait until after the SEC is done. I can't stomach the possibility of regulatory changes. If we clear that then I will look for the end of operation twist and/or its failure to keep credit spreads tight.

Oct 14 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed's 'Twist' Could Hurt REITs [View article]
    GeneJ-

Thanks for reading. Sorry the article was written earlier for our premium subscribers. I missed the reference on edit.

Oct 14 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed's 'Twist' Could Hurt REITs [View article]
    Doyle3000-
    I have removed them from my list of stocks to buy at this time. I think there is too much danger of a change in their business imposed by regulation, but more immediately "Operation Twist" will squeeze them. Hard.
    Thanks for reading.
    Sep 22 06:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude Oil Manipulation Makes Case for U.S. Oil ETF and Exxon Play [View article]
    George-
    Sounds like you agree with me. Thanks for reading. You are right in your last comment about knowing the answers, then they change the questions.

John Dalt