View John Dalt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    Jimmy-
    Thanks for reading and the comment. I have a CSCO router for last two years. No problems, but I may be the anomaly. Many times unhappy customers are the most vocal.
    Jun 1 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    Joe Kelly-
    Thanks for reading and the comment. I can't disagree with you. I just thought the stock made an interesting case for a value buy on a trade. As usual, the success will probably be dictated by the overall market trend.
    Jun 1 08:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    getshorty-
    Thanks for reading and the comment. You may be right. Where does the buyer recognize value of the parts on the balance sheet. I see the P/E as attractive. My thoughts were only for a trade.
    Jun 1 08:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    Cramer #1
    Looks like you have a tiger by the tail. I wanted to see a double bottom, but looks like I will have to wait. Watch your stops!
    Jun 1 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    Cramer #1
    Thanks for the comment. I was writing about a value play, but for a short term trade. I can't see the future for CSCO without a culture change. Can they transition?
    Jun 1 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    Brad Reese-
    Thanks for the comment. I recognize what you say. My daughter is a "consultant" with a top firm. Right out of college.... I think it is a matter of time before Chambers leaves if they don't change.
    Jun 1 08:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Unwanted and Unloved [View article]
    Clay King-
    Thanks for the comment. I think it makes a nice trade. We will see.
    Jun 1 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital Management: Great Company, Bad Timing [View article]
    Charlie-
    Thank you for the better information than I provided.
    John
    May 4 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital Management: Great Company, Bad Timing [View article]
    OZZFAN1317-
    Yes you can, but I have heard there can be problems with IRS treatment of REIT income because of the depreciation? I have not investigated to understand. I have closed my IRA's as I fear the government will resurrect the idea of a special one time tax on retirement accounts.

Thanks for reading.

Apr 28 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protecting Your Gains Before the Pending Correction [View article]
    djohnsonhot-
    Thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments.
    Feb 21 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protecting Your Gains Before the Pending Correction [View article]
    redbaron-
    I understand. I am not for shorting the market, although I am over the long weekend in my trading account. This article was written for long term investors to protect their portfolio for less than 1%. Thanks for reading.
    We don't know when it will end, so it is best to stay with the trend. But we all know it will end.
    Feb 18 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Protecting Your Gains Before the Pending Correction [View article]
    redbaron-
    Thanks for reading the article. I agree, I was trying to point out an inexpensive way to buy "protection."
    John
    Feb 17 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Tariff on Chinese Imports Is Not a Good Idea [View article]
    nigale-
    Thanks for reading. You are correct that Walmart may not serve the U.S. best interests. But we are wrong to personalize it to Walmart; government policy is at the heart of the problem. The U.S. has raised the standard of living of our citizens by importing cheap consumer and increasingly capital goods from China and other developing countries with low wages, low energy costs, lax environmental laws, and minimal intellectual property protections. That is why the U.S. government must change policy and vigorously pursue fair trade compliance.

Feb 14 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia CEO Email Hints at How Company Will Handle Its Competition [View article]
    hary536-
    Thanks for reading. Sorry, I did not report as internal memo.
    Feb 11 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wantsuchi-
    thanks for reading. I, and evidently thought it was worthwhile to post the email in its entirety, to make it readily available. I did add a short analysis that this morning has been verified by Nokia's announcement of an alliance with MSFT. This is certainly not a normal post for me. I am sorry you were disappointed.
    Feb 11 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment