John Dowdee

View John Dowdee's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Which Is Better: Cap-Weighting Or Equal-Weighting? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and suggestion for future articles.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is Better: Cap-Weighting Or Equal-Weighting? [View article]
    Thank for the comment. I checked out Motif Investing. It is an interesting concept.
    Mar 28, 2015. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is Better: Cap-Weighting Or Equal-Weighting? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. Good insight on rebalancing.
    Mar 28, 2015. 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is Better: Cap-Weighting Or Equal-Weighting? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I will look at the Fidelity reference.
    Mar 28, 2015. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is Better: Cap-Weighting Or Equal-Weighting? [View article]
    Matt,
    Thanks for your comment and insights.
    Mar 28, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is Better: Cap-Weighting Or Equal-Weighting? [View article]

Thanks to all for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the article.
    Mar 27, 2015. 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    I am on a trip now and do not have access to the program I use in my assessments. I will let you know when I return.
    Mar 16, 2015. 08:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    I use price in my analysis since this is the measure of profit if you sell. However, I understand why some investors focus on NAV. I agree that investors have to be careful with the changing landscape. Thanks for your comment.
    Mar 15, 2015. 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    My source was Morningstar, which shows 3.9% for past 12 months. Thanks for the comment. I will try to check other sources.
    Mar 15, 2015. 11:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. I have been thinking of assessing risk versus reward for individual MLP for the investor who wants to basically construct his own fund.
    Mar 15, 2015. 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    Glad I could be of help. Thanks for your comment.
    Mar 15, 2015. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and insight into data offered by Merrill Lynch.
    Mar 15, 2015. 02:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and insights. You make some good points that investors should consider.
    Mar 15, 2015. 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. If the NAV declines, it is more difficult to determine if the ROC is non-destructive but I will attempt to clarify in future articles.
    Mar 15, 2015. 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Type Of MLP Fund Should You Buy? [View article]
    You make some good points. The rate of return is the total return (including distributions) on the price, not the NAV. I use volatility as my measure of risk but I realize that there are many other definitions that might work better for some investors. Thanks for the comment and kind words.
    Mar 15, 2015. 02:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment