John Eastman

View John Eastman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Behind The Promotion Of Northwest Bio [View article]
    Mr Pearson is absurdly misinformed and draws totally incorrect conclusions from the scraps of data he has assembled in an apparent deceptive manner and tactic, all unprofessional and misleading. One has to wonder if there is to be a "under the radar" effort or agenda in his article.
    Jul 7, 2014. 03:35 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Expect Change [View article]
    Good point Vendooman. The change in the internal HR system and motivation systems should help with internal matters and perhaps better output. Internally, Google is run very different.
    Feb 14, 2014. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Expect Change [View article]
    Seealp. Fair. But the course followed in past 10 years has not responded well to what competitors have been doing. Ultimately you want to be the company that acts--new tech products, apps, etc., not the company that reacts. Right?
    Feb 13, 2014. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Expect Change [View article]
    I believe Balmer will be on the board, but not in operations.
    Feb 13, 2014. 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target: Bad News Equals Buy Window [View article]
    I appreciate the comments. They are a mainstream retailer with a good reputation and fundamentals otherwise. Plus, it is apparent other retailers have the same problem as with the Neiman Marcus recent disclosure. They have at least come forward immediately with the disclosure, something the other merchants have not done. JCP and Sears are age old firms who have not kept up with retail trends and product mix, thus paying the price. JCP's abrupt turnaround effort was a disaster. Target is a stronger, more modern brand appealing to a more contemporary customer.
    Jan 13, 2014. 02:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson And Medivation: A Prostate Cancer Marketshare [View article]
    Many think that DNDN is an opportunity at $3.00, acquisition or not.
    Jan 10, 2014. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think that DNDN is definitely a acquisition candidate but the longer they wait, the less chances of that as competitive treatments will outpace them and likely their R&D funds are drying up with cash.
    Jan 9, 2014. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There Still Room To Profit With Halozyme? [View article]
    I think the board made a very strategic move with the new CEO who has the vision and knowhow to take them to the next level.
    Dec 27, 2013. 01:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Validity And Risk Of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals [View article]
    DrBobNM

I understand your comment but the burn rate during commercialization is drastically different than that of normal or development times, so I would not use the 5M as guidance.
    Mar 21, 2013. 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Validity And Risk Of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals [View article]
    They have other trials in the making and have confirmed they are talking to potential partners. I'd bet sooner than later.
    Thank You.
    Mar 21, 2013. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Validity And Risk Of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals [View article]
    No dates certain that I am aware of but I believe the next 12 months will be positive ones for uptick opportunities.
    Mar 21, 2013. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Keryx Biopharmaceuticals And Why Does It Matter? [View article]
    My understanding is further milestones in addition to future royalty payments.
    Jan 10, 2013. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Keryx Biopharmaceuticals And Why Does It Matter? [View article]
    Yes thank you. I'm tracking this along with other writers following this firm. Thank You.
    Jan 8, 2013. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fall Catalysts To Watch [View article]
    rpbalan

I generally don't comment here but I thought you missed my point entirely on the TARP and frankly you are rude. Yes I understand the importance of TARP in 2008, as well as the FED's actions now. My point was that Paulson & Co. forced the banks to take TARP money, with the intention of lending that money out to business to spur the economy as most lending had dwindled to that point putting the economy to a pause. That was their intention, but it didn't turn out that way. Most banks did not use that money as the FED thought they would. So the FEDS intentions, even when they are holding shares do not always materialize. DId you not understand that perhaps? That is nothing to "mouth off" about, whether you truely understand what someone is saying or their reference, which you clearly did not.
    Aug 31, 2012. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why IBM Still Matters [View article]
    Agreed. Slow, steady, and cerebral.

Thanks