View as an RSS Feed
Busting Myths About Individual Bonds
Thu, Dec. 18 • 3 Comments
- In today’s environment an unfixed maturity date, characteristic of bond funds, is a bond investor’s greatest enemy.
- Assuming no default, an individual-bond investor knows how much his bond will be worth at a fixed date in the future. That is not true of bond funds.
- A prudent investor can ladder bond maturities so that tax-loss swaps are unnecessary.
How To Solve Your Bond Fund Problem
- The Fed’s low-rate policy has left retirees gasping.
- Mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and closed-end funds, the diversified vehicles used by most investors to invest in bonds, are susceptible to declining values as interest rates rise.
- Invest in individual, investment-grade corporate bonds.
The Fool-Your-Friends Income Portfolio
- Pundits have been saying that the Fed will hold interest rates down until sometime in 2015.
- Keeping maturities short keeps your yield short too.
- You can create a bond ladder using ETFs.
How To Invest In Limbo
- Economic indicators are currently a mixed bag.
- "Exceptionally low" returns are forecast.
- There are still beneficial ways to invest.
- How To Earn More On Your Cash Reserves
- Err On The Side Of Caution In 2014
- Get Better Investment Income In 2014
- DEE-Fense, DEE-Fense, DEE-Fense
- Bank Loan Funds Needn't Be A Speculative Choice
- Investing Irrespective Of 'Tapirus Bernankis'
- Time To Be The Lesser Fool
- An Income Portfolio That Doesn't Stink
- Why Today's Low Bond Yields Aren't So Bad
- Buffett's Dangerous Advice About Bonds
- Where Will You Be When The Party's Over?
- When Comparing Funds, Life Begins At Inception
- Why You Should Turn Off 'Risk On'
- Agency mREITs May Have Found A Bottom
- 2013: Are You Betting On The Fed, Or The Economy?
Junk Up Your Portfolio (But Just A Little)
Dec. 14, 2012 • Comment!
- If You've Won The Game, Stop Playing
- Mortgage REITs Should Be Analyzed Over Time
- Follow Buffett Into Newspapers? Think Again
- A Portfolio For The New Normal
How To Adjust To The 'New Normal'
Aug. 30, 2012 • 3 Comments
- How I'm Pruning My mREIT Portfolio
- Maybe It Really Is Different This Time
Young Investors: Buy Bonds Now, Stocks Later
Jul. 24, 2012 • 14 Comments
Successful Professional, Lousy Investor
Jul. 11, 2012 • 38 Comments
- Management Teams Direct The Fate Of mREITs
- Paying Off Your Mortgage Is AAA+ Investment
In Defense Of My Boomer Portfolio
Jun. 1, 2012 • 3 Comments