John Gibson

View John Gibson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry rallies; Citron thinks shares are worth at least $15 [View news story]
    I hated citron when they were short qcor. but i sold qcor for prof and now i like citron because they are on the same side of bbry. fickle emotions. anyways, love these setups
    Jan 17 02:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile - Special Attestation Report [View article]
    Thanks for the insightful article, Sky. I am thankful that MW created this buying opportunity and like to follow short reports like theirs to find out about these opps. However, I'm more concerned with whether or not NQ can continue to grow their sales and profits than with the fraud allegations. If NQ is able to maintain the sales they had last quarter and have a net margin of 20%, at current prices they would be trading between 5 and 6 times earnings.
    Jan 3 03:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Sellers Greatly Decrease Their Positions In NQ Mobile: A Reversal Seems To Be In The Works [View article]
    it's always great to take a chance on a stock when there's "blood in the streets". NQ no exception.
    Dec 30 04:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Way To Invest In Questcor Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    thanks, wish i stayed in sometimes
    Oct 10 10:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Believe In Affymax - The Stock Is Probably Worthless [View article]
    gotcha. I understand your points, but I don't think the odds are as heavily weighted against them as you. I like the risk/reward of being long rather than being short. Why short something when most the bad news is already priced in? Anyways, thanks for your insights.
    Aug 29 03:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Believe In Affymax - The Stock Is Probably Worthless [View article]
    62 deaths for Epogen divided by 260,000 administered = .000238. 5 deaths for Omontys divided 25,000 administered = .0002. looks about the same.
    Aug 29 03:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Affymax Likely Worthless: Omontys Kills At Least 9x More People Than Epogen [View article]
    The bottom of that drugcite.org page says "percent (%) represents percentage of the adverse event to all adverse events reported for the drug. Percent does not represent a rate related to drug utilization." I think AE was using a percent of deaths related to drug utilization.
    Aug 28 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Affymax: Huge Speculative Upside With Near-Term Risks [View article]
    Picked up some shares @1.10 a few weeks ago. I wish I could have bought some leaps, but our trader said they were only executing trades to close positions. The stock isn't blueskyed in my state (AL), so I had to enter the order ticket manually. Thanks for the article, exp.
    Jul 25 03:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bill Gross's Dreadful Analysis Of The U.S. Economy's 'Wounded Heart' [View article]
    Good article and way to keep Gross in check. He may have gotten lazy with his writing. Maybe even an intern wrote that for him after scribbling down some of his jargon in a meeting. I like the comparison to Lebran, too.
    Jun 11 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Way To Invest In Questcor Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Closed position for 436% gain. I think the stock will continue to rise long term, but am happy to take gains and use for other opportunities.
    Jun 11 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Way To Invest In Questcor Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    I agree, but sometimes things take longer than we expect. I'd rather play it safe. I actually bought some jan 2013s and some jan 2014s last week, but I feel more comfortable with my 2014s. To reiterate....again....., I think this is only a chance you want to take with "play" money.
    Oct 9 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Way To Invest In Questcor Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    I think selling puts is another good strategy. But in this scenario, where there is a potential for the stock to go to zero or to $50, buying calls risks less money (depending on which strike price you use, etc.) and the potential return is much greater. For other situations, selling puts may be a better option strategy.
    Oct 9 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment