John Jansen

View John Jansen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Dividend Stocks For Your Portfolio Ahead Of A Double Dip Recession [View article]
    If you think that a bear market is on the horizon why not put your money into cash. The dividends on the stocks mentioned in the article will not cover your mark to market losses if we really are in recession.
    Sep 5 08:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Trader: Thursday Wrap [View article]
    Tony,

i do not know how they rank those who comment buy you are number one in my book
    Nov 19 08:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Wednesday Outlook [View article]
    maybe we can be a rapping bond duo!!!

Well done.

JJJ
    Nov 18 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Tuesday Outlook [View article]
    I cant do rhymes but I can string consonants together well!!!
    Nov 17 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Monday Wrap [View article]
    Nov 17 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Thursday Outlook [View article]
    I flunked proof reading. It is actually "rentier" class.

Basically those who earn a living by clipping coupons from bonds.
    Nov 5 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Wednesday Outlook [View article]
    Spreads will widen. Liquidity drove spreads tighter. The withdrawal of liquidity will widen spreads.

On Nov 04 11:51 AM Steve in TN wrote:

> When the FED does start to raise interest rates, I wonder how corporate
    > bonds will fare in relation to treasuries?
    Nov 4 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Wednesday Outlook [View article]
    Great line. Thanks.

JJJ

On Nov 04 09:02 AM Tony Petroski wrote:

> "(I also apologize for what could be the longest sentence in the
    > storied history of Across the Curve dot com.)"
    > Speaking of long sentences, I'm reminded of Andre Charriet who was
    > sentenced in the French court.
    > Judge: (In French) "For the crime of murder I sentence you to life
    > in prison."
    > M. Charriet: "Your honor. In France, how long is life in prison?"
    > (M. Charriet did 18 years and was paroled).
    Nov 4 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert Friday Outlook [View article]
    I cant think of anyone who could deliver a stirring oration.

Maybe the current President. Whatever you think of his politics he makes a helluva speech.

On Oct 23 10:40 AM Tony Petroski wrote:

> Where else can you get bond talk like this?
    > From the article:
    > " If the unemployment rate is at or near double digit levels, any
    > move to raise rates would bring forth Barney Frank and those of his
    > ilk with a 21st century version of the William Jennings Bryan “Cross
    > of Gold” speech. It would give the faux populists of our time an
    > opportunity to attack the Federal Reserve and a golden opportunity
    > to challenge the independence of the Federal Reserve and suggest
    > more political involvement in the setting of interest rate policy."
    > Mr. Jensen. I would pay a large sum to be in the stadium during
    > the modern "Cross of Gold" speech. We know Barney Frand won't be
    > delivering it. Who?
    Oct 23 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Monday Wrap [View article]

Much better. I had a case of writer's block, I guess.

On Oct 19 05:12 PM Tony Petroski wrote:

> "...the front end of the curve languishing as the long end lifted
    > lightly?"
    Oct 19 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Friday Wrap [View article]

The next line says:

The opposite outcome unfolded today as yields fell and the curve flattened

On Oct 16 06:18 PM User 498839 wrote:

> I am a rookie here, so help me out.
    > I think that theme in the capital markets today was risk reduction
    > and the outcome in the Treasury market reflects that. Over the course
    > of this week bond yields rose and the yield curve steepened.
    > If yields rose, that means prices fell, so people sold off bonds.
    > How does that equate to risk reduction? Shouldn't that be embracing
    > risk by pulling out of these safe securities?
    > thanks!
    Oct 16 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bernanke's Exit Strategy: Not Likely Any Time Soon [View article]
    Tony,
    I surrender my title as alliteration champion to you.

JJJ

On Oct 09 09:49 AM Tony Petroski wrote:

> One of the salient points to make here is that he began his discussion
    > of exit strategies by noting that he and his colleagues believe that
    > accommodative polices will be warranted for an extended period.<br/>
    > Here is the exact quote:
    > “My colleagues at the Federal Reserve and I believe that accommodative
    > policies will likely be warranted for an extended period.”
    > Very droll Mr. Jansen.
    > This would have been better: "Chairman Bernanke presented pedestrian
    > and pedantic proposals pending the pricing pens producing a pop."
    Oct 9 11:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment