John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Barron's: JPMorgan could rise more than 30% [View news story]
    I agree as well. JPM is still best of breed, regardless of all the legal and political negatives it's experienced over the last several years. All of the big four banks are significantly undervalued, but none more than JPM. It may take a while to reach the $70 - $80 range, but since I'm long JPM at about $40 and enjoying a nice 4% (and growing) yield, I'll gladly wait.
    Mar 28, 2015. 05:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heinz And Buffett Get 'Krafty' But What Happens Next? [View article]
    Yes, they have stated the intention to keep Kraft's current dividend policy in place for the new company.
    Mar 27, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway to be largest shareholder of Kraft Heinz [View news story]
    Yes, I do. The question isn't whether or not they can, but whether or not they will. Life is all about choices, and unfortunately, most people don't often make the right ones.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway to be largest shareholder of Kraft Heinz [View news story]
    The rank and file workers have every right to profit along with Buffett, all they have to do is buy the stock and become shareholders (owners) themselves.
    Mar 25, 2015. 06:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BofA +1.1% after getting through stress test [View news story]
    Nasa, it's not managements aggressiveness that determines the banks capital plans. The Fed has to approve their plan, and I think management knows that it's best to present a reasonable capital plan rather than get too aggressive and risk a rejection. Especially after last years embarrassing error. Of course, I hope you're right, but I think they'll keep it fairly conservative. A dividend hike to .075 would be a 50% increase - not an insignificant amount.
    Mar 6, 2015. 08:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BofA +1.1% after getting through stress test [View news story]
    Yes, I agree. I'd love to read a piece written by FunFun on a stock he's positive on.
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BNSF oil train derails in northern Illinois [View news story]
    Yes, Berkshire is undervalued when compared to it's intrinsic value, but it's market cap is actually $359 B. Look at market cap for BRK-A when using Yahoo Finance, not BRK-B.

Mar 5, 2015. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BNSF oil train derails in northern Illinois [View news story]
    Buffett has said on several occasions that he is for building the Keystone XL pipeline.

Mar 5, 2015. 07:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BofA +1.1% after getting through stress test [View news story]
    As much as I'd like a .15 cent dividend, I don't think that's realistic quite yet. I'd be happy with a boost to .075 cents and a $4-$5 billion buyback program. They NEED to get that share count down.
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Banks Before 2015 Bank Stress Test And CCAR Results [View article]
    And if their plan gets rejected yet again? I'm long BAC and JPM, but Wall Street banks are a bad neighborhood and C is the worst house on the block. I just don't trust them to get it right.
    Feb 21, 2015. 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markel beats by $2.35, revenue in-line [View news story]
    Great quarter, a nice beat on the bottom line and great 6% book value growth. The longer I own MKL and BRK-B, the more I think I should just sell everything else and plow it all into these two incredible stocks.
    Feb 11, 2015. 06:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rate hikes coming? Financials up big after jobs number [View news story]
    Agree 100%, long BAC, JPM, BRK-B and MKL.
    Feb 7, 2015. 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Big Oil, Buy Pipelines [View article]
    Midstream pipeline MLPs are THE way to play the crash in oil prices. The midstream oil and natural gas pipelines have been beaten up irrationally in the fearful flight from all things energy, and all have high potential upside and pay solid dividends while you wait. I'm long OKS and am adding more on down days. If you've got a fairly long term (1-3 year) window, this is a great place to invest. Great article, thanks!
    Jan 23, 2015. 07:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Look For Share Price Gains When MLP GP Companies Announce Q4 Dividends [View article]
    Both OKE and OKS announced 1.5 cent per quarter dividend increases today.
    Jan 15, 2015. 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Chase: Ignore Short-Term Drama And Buy [View article]
    WFC is pretty much fully valued at this point. BAC, JPM and C are all somewhat undervalued and SHOULD outperfom WFC going forward. That's the benefit. Nothing wrong with WFC, just don't want to pay full price for it right now.
    Jan 14, 2015. 08:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment