John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Heinz completes Kraft purchase, Buffett joins board [View news story]
    The new Kraft Heinz Co will be a true powerhouse food company moving forward, especially if 3G and Berkshire continue to use it as an acquisition vehicle. Aggressive cost cutting at Kraft, taking advantage of Heinz international distribution system, and future strategic acquisitions should lead to growth and improved top and bottom lines.

It would appear that they're planning the same with QSR. First BK, then Tim Hortons, who next? Bring them into the fold, lean 'em and clean 'em up, repeat.

Is anyone else seeing a pattern? Perhaps BUD & Pepsi next?
    Jul 3, 2015. 08:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Won't Invest In The Banks [View article]
    And they didn't need dime one of it. They were forced to take it along with several other banks that didn't need it (think JPM, USB, BK, STT, AXP, etc). These banks were not given any choice in the matter. Many of them actually wanted to return the TARP money as soon as possible and were again told no for several years.
    Jun 26, 2015. 08:55 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Utilities For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    Outstanding article Eric, and I agree 100% that SO belongs at the very top of any utility stock ranking. I consider it fairly valued right now, and though I usually prefer to wait for a little more margin of safety, it's 5 plus % yield and strong record of dividend increases make now a great opportunity to get long the stock while there's a little blood in the street on the name. An excellent choice for any long term/dividend income investors portfolio.

I am long SO and will add on further weakness (rising interest rate environment?) I'll also be taking a closer looks at some of the other names on your list that I am less familiar with. Thanks again!
    Jun 21, 2015. 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financials turn higher for the year [View news story]
    Bob, the ACA was damage enough.
    Jun 10, 2015. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banking's winners and losers since the financial crisis [View news story]
    No mention of WFC at all? I'm long BAC and JPM and looking closely at WFC and TD.
    Jun 10, 2015. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Income Power Couple: Stacking Kinder Morgan Against Williams Companies [View article]
    Another great article Tim. What are you're thoughts on the possibility of OKE making the same sort of roll up of OKS? Thanks.
    May 19, 2015. 06:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams Becomes A Dividend Growth Juggernaut [View article]
    Maybe OKE/OKS will be next.
    May 13, 2015. 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Confusion Causes 12,000% Run Up In Riviera Tools Company [View article]
    I disagree. While it is the regulators responsibility to help stop trading on erroneous information like this, it is ultimately the responsibility of the investor to verify what it is they're buying BEFORE they buy it. Anyone who ran out and purchased shares in RIVT without first performing proper due diligence deserves exactly what they get.
    May 8, 2015. 03:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ONEOK, Inc - Buying The Dip [View article]
    Why not? As Buffett says, "If you liked it enough to buy it at $10, you should love it at $5."

I added a few OKS shares yesterday and will continue to do so in small amounts on continued weakness.
    May 8, 2015. 01:27 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markel beats by $7.61, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Markel is an amazing company. I am long MKL and BRK-B, and am seriously considering selling everything else I own and splitting it between these two stocks.
    May 7, 2015. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Lowering My Expectations [View article]
    Really? I'm long BAC and JPM and have made a small fortune on both.
    May 4, 2015. 06:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett And Losing Billions Of Dollars [View article]
    A whole three months? Three month performance is not what you should judge any stock on, let alone BRK-B. Have you happened to notice what BRKs long term performance is versus the S&P? Like over the last 40 years?
    Apr 25, 2015. 08:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett And Losing Billions Of Dollars [View article]
    David, I agree 100% and share your exasperation with the majority who don't. The only two times a stock price matters is the day you buy it and the day you sell it, and the noise in between means nothing.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:29 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi: BofA a buy on valuation and rate hikes [View news story]
    Jackooo, 10 cents per quarter would be 4.7% yield on my $8.46 cost basis, so yes, that would be just fine with me, and I'm sure a lot of the other BAC longs too.
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank of America's (BAC) CEO Brian Moynihan on Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    No, they do need to resubmit their capital plan to the Fed by Sept, but they were allowed to implement their capital return program ($4B buyback) beginning Q2 2015.
    Apr 16, 2015. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment