John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Warren Buffett And Losing Billions Of Dollars [View article]
    A whole three months? Three month performance is not what you should judge any stock on, let alone BRK-B. Have you happened to notice what BRKs long term performance is versus the S&P? Like over the last 40 years?
    Apr 25, 2015. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett And Losing Billions Of Dollars [View article]
    David, I agree 100% and share your exasperation with the majority who don't. The only two times a stock price matters is the day you buy it and the day you sell it, and the noise in between means nothing.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:29 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi: BofA a buy on valuation and rate hikes [View news story]
    Jackooo, 10 cents per quarter would be 4.7% yield on my $8.46 cost basis, so yes, that would be just fine with me, and I'm sure a lot of the other BAC longs too.
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank of America's (BAC) CEO Brian Moynihan on Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    No, they do need to resubmit their capital plan to the Fed by Sept, but they were allowed to implement their capital return program ($4B buyback) beginning Q2 2015.
    Apr 16, 2015. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi: BofA a buy on valuation and rate hikes [View news story]
    I agree in BAC's case WD, but my JPM shares are doing quite well thanks to Mr. Dimon.
    Apr 15, 2015. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stronger mortgage numbers, but weaker trading results as BofA beats estimates [View news story]
    Well Fun Fun, at least you're consistent. And this time, you're right.
    Apr 15, 2015. 07:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barron's: JPMorgan could rise more than 30% [View news story]
    I agree as well. JPM is still best of breed, regardless of all the legal and political negatives it's experienced over the last several years. All of the big four banks are significantly undervalued, but none more than JPM. It may take a while to reach the $70 - $80 range, but since I'm long JPM at about $40 and enjoying a nice 4% (and growing) yield, I'll gladly wait.
    Mar 28, 2015. 05:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heinz And Buffett Get 'Krafty' But What Happens Next? [View article]
    Yes, they have stated the intention to keep Kraft's current dividend policy in place for the new company.
    Mar 27, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway to be largest shareholder of Kraft Heinz [View news story]
    Yes, I do. The question isn't whether or not they can, but whether or not they will. Life is all about choices, and unfortunately, most people don't often make the right ones.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway to be largest shareholder of Kraft Heinz [View news story]
    The rank and file workers have every right to profit along with Buffett, all they have to do is buy the stock and become shareholders (owners) themselves.
    Mar 25, 2015. 06:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BofA +1.1% after getting through stress test [View news story]
    Nasa, it's not managements aggressiveness that determines the banks capital plans. The Fed has to approve their plan, and I think management knows that it's best to present a reasonable capital plan rather than get too aggressive and risk a rejection. Especially after last years embarrassing error. Of course, I hope you're right, but I think they'll keep it fairly conservative. A dividend hike to .075 would be a 50% increase - not an insignificant amount.
    Mar 6, 2015. 08:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BofA +1.1% after getting through stress test [View news story]
    Yes, I agree. I'd love to read a piece written by FunFun on a stock he's positive on.
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BNSF oil train derails in northern Illinois [View news story]
    Yes, Berkshire is undervalued when compared to it's intrinsic value, but it's market cap is actually $359 B. Look at market cap for BRK-A when using Yahoo Finance, not BRK-B.

Mar 5, 2015. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BNSF oil train derails in northern Illinois [View news story]
    Buffett has said on several occasions that he is for building the Keystone XL pipeline.

Mar 5, 2015. 07:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BofA +1.1% after getting through stress test [View news story]
    As much as I'd like a .15 cent dividend, I don't think that's realistic quite yet. I'd be happy with a boost to .075 cents and a $4-$5 billion buyback program. They NEED to get that share count down.
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment