John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Income Power Couple: Stacking Kinder Morgan Against Williams Companies [View article]
    Another great article Tim. What are you're thoughts on the possibility of OKE making the same sort of roll up of OKS? Thanks.
    May 19, 2015. 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams Becomes A Dividend Growth Juggernaut [View article]
    Maybe OKE/OKS will be next.
    May 13, 2015. 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Confusion Causes 12,000% Run Up In Riviera Tools Company [View article]
    I disagree. While it is the regulators responsibility to help stop trading on erroneous information like this, it is ultimately the responsibility of the investor to verify what it is they're buying BEFORE they buy it. Anyone who ran out and purchased shares in RIVT without first performing proper due diligence deserves exactly what they get.
    May 8, 2015. 03:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ONEOK, Inc - Buying The Dip [View article]
    Why not? As Buffett says, "If you liked it enough to buy it at $10, you should love it at $5."

I added a few OKS shares yesterday and will continue to do so in small amounts on continued weakness.
    May 8, 2015. 01:27 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markel beats by $7.61, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Markel is an amazing company. I am long MKL and BRK-B, and am seriously considering selling everything else I own and splitting it between these two stocks.
    May 7, 2015. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Lowering My Expectations [View article]
    Really? I'm long BAC and JPM and have made a small fortune on both.
    May 4, 2015. 06:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett And Losing Billions Of Dollars [View article]
    A whole three months? Three month performance is not what you should judge any stock on, let alone BRK-B. Have you happened to notice what BRKs long term performance is versus the S&P? Like over the last 40 years?
    Apr 25, 2015. 08:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett And Losing Billions Of Dollars [View article]
    David, I agree 100% and share your exasperation with the majority who don't. The only two times a stock price matters is the day you buy it and the day you sell it, and the noise in between means nothing.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:29 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi: BofA a buy on valuation and rate hikes [View news story]
    Jackooo, 10 cents per quarter would be 4.7% yield on my $8.46 cost basis, so yes, that would be just fine with me, and I'm sure a lot of the other BAC longs too.
    Apr 17, 2015. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank of America's (BAC) CEO Brian Moynihan on Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    No, they do need to resubmit their capital plan to the Fed by Sept, but they were allowed to implement their capital return program ($4B buyback) beginning Q2 2015.
    Apr 16, 2015. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi: BofA a buy on valuation and rate hikes [View news story]
    I agree in BAC's case WD, but my JPM shares are doing quite well thanks to Mr. Dimon.
    Apr 15, 2015. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stronger mortgage numbers, but weaker trading results as BofA beats estimates [View news story]
    Well Fun Fun, at least you're consistent. And this time, you're right.
    Apr 15, 2015. 07:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barron's: JPMorgan could rise more than 30% [View news story]
    I agree as well. JPM is still best of breed, regardless of all the legal and political negatives it's experienced over the last several years. All of the big four banks are significantly undervalued, but none more than JPM. It may take a while to reach the $70 - $80 range, but since I'm long JPM at about $40 and enjoying a nice 4% (and growing) yield, I'll gladly wait.
    Mar 28, 2015. 05:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heinz And Buffett Get 'Krafty' But What Happens Next? [View article]
    Yes, they have stated the intention to keep Kraft's current dividend policy in place for the new company.
    Mar 27, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway to be largest shareholder of Kraft Heinz [View news story]
    Yes, I do. The question isn't whether or not they can, but whether or not they will. Life is all about choices, and unfortunately, most people don't often make the right ones.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment