John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Freeport McMoRan Is A Buy On Any Earnings Dip [View article]
    I'm currently adding to my FCX position under $29, which is helping me to average down, but am a little down on FCX at the moment. Too many problems at Grasberg and a LOT of debt on the balance sheet from the aquisitions are weighing heavily on this stock. The dividend helps, but I can get 4% in safer plays. I'm starting to have serious second thoughts here.
    Jun 18 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceutical Undervalued Approaching FDA Decision [View article]
    NAVB's long term prospects are still bright, and I still consider this a buy, though it may be dead money until they start moving the pipeline forward. Consider these price levels as opportunities to get in cheap or average down.
    Jun 18 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Small And Mid Cap Bank Stocks For The Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Looking back on this article, a quick recap:

HBAN then - $6.45, now $7.56 for an approx 15% gain, not including dividends.

PBCT then - $11.94, now $14.23 for an approx gain of 17% gain, not including dividends.

WASH then - $24.70, now $27.73 for an approx 11% gain, not including dividends.

WBS then - $21.17, now $24.46 for an approx 14% gain, not including dividends.

RNST then - $17.79, now $23.84 for an approx 25% gain, not including dividends.

All in all, pretty solid returns, made even more respectable by solid dividend yields on all of these picks, and I'm still rating all of them as BUYS at these levels.
    Jun 18 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Body Central Offering Growth And Value On Sale [View article]
    Looking back on this article, a quick recap:

BODY then - $10.34, now $12.90 for an approx 20% gain, with further room to grow. I'm still considering BODY as a buy at this level, with a $16.00 sell target.
    Jun 18 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Bed Bath & Beyond Now For Above-And-Beyond Growth [View article]
    Looking back, just a quick recap on BBBY:

BBBY then -$63.62, now $71.62 for an approx 12% gain.

Not bad, but rather disappointing compared to the market as a whole. Dividends would have gone a long way towards providing shareholder with a respectable return.
    Jun 18 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Fearful Stocks For The Greedy Investor [View article]
    Looking back on this article, a quick recap:

FCX then - $33.48, now $29.42 for a loss of approx 13%, not including dividends.

BTU then - $20.80, now $16.85 for a loss of approx 19%, not including dividends.

NM then - $3.41, now $5.32 for a gain of approx 36%, not including dividends.

Overall, not too bad considering the high "fear factor" inherent in the mining, coal and shipping sectors. Including dividends paid, performance is even better, but still disappointing compared to the over market.
    Jun 18 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Stocks For A Balanced Approach To Battling The Obesity Epidemic [View article]
    Looking back on this article, a quick recap:

ARNA then - $9.52, now $7.45 for a loss of approx 27%.

WTW then - $52, now $44.02 for a loss of approx 18%.

LTM then - $44.37, now $51.60 for a gain of approx 15%.

Overall a very disappointing performance. I certainly hope our weight loss efforts were better than my stock picks performance!
    Jun 18 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Fast Growing Small Caps Trading At Bargain Prices [View article]
    Looking back at this article, a quick recap:

BBRG then - $18.17, now $19.01 for a small 4.5% gain.

VRA then - $20.78, now $21.75 for a small 4.5% gain.

TEA then - $11.81, aquired by Starbucks in Dec, 2012 for $15.50 per share, for a gain of 24%.

Overall, not too bad despite disappointing performance from both BBRG and VRA. Thank you Starbucks!
    Jun 18 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, A Diamond In The Rough [View article]
    As of today (6-18-13), I'm still holding long, and having averaged down, am holding on a small profit. Although I'm very disappointed with the stock movement since FDA approval, I'm still convinced that this company has a long term future. The pipeline is promising, and moving forward, the shorts will only be able to keep it down for so long. If you're patient, consider this an opportunity to average down some. GLTA longs.
    Jun 18 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If I Could Buy Just One Stock, It Would Be This One [View article]
    I'm a long time BRK-B long, and I agree with the author, but I do love those Canadian banks. BMO, TD, CM, RY, and BNS all offer reasonable valuations and very strong dividends - all around great investments. Nice article, thanks.
    Jun 15 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CSX Undervalued Because Of Low Price Of Natural Gas [View article]
    Nice article, thans. The future looks good for CSX, and rail in general. I'm already long NSC and BRK-B for Burlington, and looking to get into CSX. I like UNP too, but I think it's somewhat overvalued and will wait for a pullback for a better entry point there. I like ARII in the RR sector as well. Rails, energy, banks and food stocks are the way to go for long term steady growth and dividends.
    Jun 13 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Value On The Tracks: A Small Railcar Producer At A Deep Discount [View article]
    I am going all in on rails and containers too, and I like ARII as an undervalued play on railroads, and am long NSC and BRK-B (for Burlington). CSX is looking pretty cheap right now, and I like UNP, but am waiting for a bigger pullback before buying in. Also liking TGH, a great undervalued, dividend paying container play. Nice article on RAIL, thanks!
    Jun 5 08:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks That Could Be Berkshire's Next Heinz [View article]
    I'm liking TIF more and more, and may look to start a position on any firther market weakness.
    Jun 5 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac, Short-Term Trade Or Deep Value Investment? [View article]
    What to do is right, lol! Wow has this stock been super volatile. Looks like it settling back down towards a new low end of the range. Tought to tell with FNMA and FMCC. I think I'll stay out for now. This thing could shoot to $5.00 in the blink of an eye, or back down to .50 cents just as fast.
    Jun 5 08:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BDC Stocks Offer Value And Income In A Pricey Market [View article]
    Still holding long ACAS, and really liking PSEC and BKCC right now. I'll be looking to add ACAS and buy into PSEC and BKCC on any firther market weakness.
    Jun 5 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment