John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, A Diamond In The Rough [View article]
    As of today (6-18-13), I'm still holding long, and having averaged down, am holding on a small profit. Although I'm very disappointed with the stock movement since FDA approval, I'm still convinced that this company has a long term future. The pipeline is promising, and moving forward, the shorts will only be able to keep it down for so long. If you're patient, consider this an opportunity to average down some. GLTA longs.
    Jun 18 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If I Could Buy Just One Stock, It Would Be This One [View article]
    I'm a long time BRK-B long, and I agree with the author, but I do love those Canadian banks. BMO, TD, CM, RY, and BNS all offer reasonable valuations and very strong dividends - all around great investments. Nice article, thanks.
    Jun 15 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CSX Undervalued Because Of Low Price Of Natural Gas [View article]
    Nice article, thans. The future looks good for CSX, and rail in general. I'm already long NSC and BRK-B for Burlington, and looking to get into CSX. I like UNP too, but I think it's somewhat overvalued and will wait for a pullback for a better entry point there. I like ARII in the RR sector as well. Rails, energy, banks and food stocks are the way to go for long term steady growth and dividends.
    Jun 13 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Value On The Tracks: A Small Railcar Producer At A Deep Discount [View article]
    I am going all in on rails and containers too, and I like ARII as an undervalued play on railroads, and am long NSC and BRK-B (for Burlington). CSX is looking pretty cheap right now, and I like UNP, but am waiting for a bigger pullback before buying in. Also liking TGH, a great undervalued, dividend paying container play. Nice article on RAIL, thanks!
    Jun 5 08:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks That Could Be Berkshire's Next Heinz [View article]
    I'm liking TIF more and more, and may look to start a position on any firther market weakness.
    Jun 5 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac, Short-Term Trade Or Deep Value Investment? [View article]
    What to do is right, lol! Wow has this stock been super volatile. Looks like it settling back down towards a new low end of the range. Tought to tell with FNMA and FMCC. I think I'll stay out for now. This thing could shoot to $5.00 in the blink of an eye, or back down to .50 cents just as fast.
    Jun 5 08:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BDC Stocks Offer Value And Income In A Pricey Market [View article]
    Still holding long ACAS, and really liking PSEC and BKCC right now. I'll be looking to add ACAS and buy into PSEC and BKCC on any firther market weakness.
    Jun 5 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Undervalued Stocks To Buy And Hold For 2013 [View article]
    I'm liking $F and $BAC right now and will be looking to add to both on any further market weakness. Both of these are good, solid long term picks in my opinion.
    Jun 5 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Freeport McMoRan Is A Buy On Any Earnings Dip [View article]
    Still liking the overall value here at FCX. Aquisitions are now final, and debt is high, but I like the potential to expand beyond copper and gold, and I'll take a solid 4% dividend all day long. I'll be looking to pick up more on any further market weakness.
    Jun 5 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Long-Term Investor Should Choo-Choo-Choose This Railroad [View article]
    I agree 100% on the future of NSC, and railroads in general. I'm long NSC and BRK-B for Burlington Northern. I also like CSX and UNP, but will wait for a pullback for a better entry point on UNP. I also like ARII as a railroad play as well. Thanks!
    Jun 2 07:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks That Could Be Berkshire's Next Heinz [View article]
    $TIF beats expectations and is up over 4% on the day, but still below 52 week high of $81.25, total market cap now of $10.11B.
    May 28 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceutical Undervalued Approaching FDA Decision [View article]
    I'm very disappointed with NAVB stock price movement dince FDA approval, but am not down on Navidea's future prospects. These biotechs can be real head scratchers sometimes.
    May 22 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Undervalued Stocks To Buy And Hold For 2013 [View article]
    With about 6 months since this article was published, a review shows all four picks doing very well. At the moment, I view BBBY as fairly valued, NUE a bit ovewrpriced, and despite their big runs, BAC and F are still undervalued. I'd welcome any thoughts on these 4 picks going forward. Thanks!
    May 22 04:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Well, looks like I should have held on to my FNMA shares. Bought at .52 cents, sold at $1.04, and now looking at $1.83. Nice run for FNMA and FMCC. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
    May 22 04:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Speculative Stocks For The Aggressive Investor In 2013 [View article]
    Trader2012. thanks for your comment, but I'm not "pumping" anything. Biotech stocks are difficult to predict, and even if you do firmly believe that the candidate drug will receive FDA approval and be marketed succesfully, there is no guarantee the stock will move up, as evidenced here. I've been extremely disappointed in the NAVB stock movement since FDA approval, but I am not down on Navidea as a company. In fact, I'm pretty disappointed in the performace of all of my picks here, with the exception of FF. But that's why I classified these four picks "speculative". My four "buy and hold" for 2013 picks (http://seekingalpha.co...) have performed much better than these have, so overall, not too bad if I say so myself.
    May 22 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment