John McCoy

View John McCoy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • BDC Stocks Offer Value And Income In A Pricey Market [View article]
    Still holding long ACAS, and really liking PSEC and BKCC right now. I'll be looking to add ACAS and buy into PSEC and BKCC on any firther market weakness.
    Jun 5 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Undervalued Stocks To Buy And Hold For 2013 [View article]
    I'm liking $F and $BAC right now and will be looking to add to both on any further market weakness. Both of these are good, solid long term picks in my opinion.
    Jun 5 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Freeport McMoRan Is A Buy On Any Earnings Dip [View article]
    Still liking the overall value here at FCX. Aquisitions are now final, and debt is high, but I like the potential to expand beyond copper and gold, and I'll take a solid 4% dividend all day long. I'll be looking to pick up more on any further market weakness.
    Jun 5 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks That Could Be Berkshire's Next Heinz [View article]
    $TIF beats expectations and is up over 4% on the day, but still below 52 week high of $81.25, total market cap now of $10.11B.
    May 28 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceutical Undervalued Approaching FDA Decision [View article]
    I'm very disappointed with NAVB stock price movement dince FDA approval, but am not down on Navidea's future prospects. These biotechs can be real head scratchers sometimes.
    May 22 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Speculative Stocks For The Aggressive Investor In 2013 [View article]
    Trader2012. thanks for your comment, but I'm not "pumping" anything. Biotech stocks are difficult to predict, and even if you do firmly believe that the candidate drug will receive FDA approval and be marketed succesfully, there is no guarantee the stock will move up, as evidenced here. I've been extremely disappointed in the NAVB stock movement since FDA approval, but I am not down on Navidea as a company. In fact, I'm pretty disappointed in the performace of all of my picks here, with the exception of FF. But that's why I classified these four picks "speculative". My four "buy and hold" for 2013 picks (http://seekingalpha.co...) have performed much better than these have, so overall, not too bad if I say so myself.
    May 22 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks That Could Be Berkshire's Next Heinz [View article]
    Thankas for commenting jimmach123, but I believe Heinz was close to fully valued, as was Burlington Northern when Buffett acquired them, and in both cases, he offered a signficant premium for both companies.
    Mar 25 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Of Buffett's Biggest Bets In 2012 Look Good Here [View article]
    Well, one would want to invest in US banks when they have the opportunity to get in very low. I am long BAC at $6 and change, and JPM at $31 change. The Canadian banks are strong institutions and great dividend payers, but they don't come cheap and they haven't been on sale in a while. American banks will begin playing catch up on dividends this year as well.

Good article Bret, and I agree with you 100% on Ford too.
    Mar 10 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expect gradual, but not outsized jumps in capital returns from the banks this year, says Goldman (stress tests results are due Thursday, capital return decisions due March 14). Management teams are likely to be conservative in their requests from the Fed as "taking a mulligan" - i.e., resubmitting a plan after being shot down - is not seen as a viable option. [View news story]
    I'm long BAC and JPM, and would like to see dividend increases from both. I'd like to see BAC go to .05 or .10 per quarter, and JPM to .50 per quarter. I'd also like to see BAC try for some modest stock buybacks.
    Mar 4 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Business Development Companies: The Good, The Bad, And The Maybe? Part 2 [View article]
    Good article Buzz, I'm in ACAS and like PSEC a lot too. Thanks.
    Feb 5 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BDC Stocks Offer Value And Income In A Pricey Market [View article]
    Thanks Indio, and yes, you are correct. It should read 4Q.
    Jan 22 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BDC Stocks Offer Value And Income In A Pricey Market [View article]
    Duly noted, you are correct of course. I've asked the editors to make a correction. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Jan 22 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For Rail Consolidation [View article]
    Yes, an interesting thought for sure. I'm not as sure as you are about quick and easy regulatory approval for such a merger, but as a BRK-B shareholder, I'd be all for it. Good article, thanks.
    Jan 16 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Speculative Stocks For The Aggressive Investor In 2013 [View article]
    Yes, I saw that. Record date was actually 12-17, payable on 12-28. It was announced shortly after my article was published, but I should have anticipated this in my article, given the current unsure dividend environment, especially with NPK's conservative and shareholder friendly management. My apologies for not anticipating the early payment.
    Jan 1 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heads You Lose 40%, Tails You Lose 70% On Gamble With Navidea Shares [View article]
    Oh, he knows it all right, and it was not written weeks ago.
    Dec 19 08:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment