John Mylant

View John Mylant's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bond prices (TLT -0.7%) slip following the more upbeat assessment of the economy from the FOMC. Higher growth and lower unemployment projections spell maybe a quicker schedule for tapering and eventual tightening, but materially lower inflation expectations say the opposite. Stocks give up a bit of ground as well, the S&P 500 (SPY -0.3%). The dollar (UUP +0.3%) pops higher across the board. [View news story]
    none
    Jun 19 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beware Long-Term Damage From Stock Market Bubble Forming Now [View article]
    Yahoo Link on DIA
    May 18 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dr. Copper May Be Telling Us To Watch Out Below [View article]
    Its all good David. I just thought it was funny. I am writing an article on SCCO & will link this article to it.
    Nov 8 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dr. Copper May Be Telling Us To Watch Out Below [View article]
    "The two year chart of copper below shows it is likely preparing for a big move upward or downward."

ha ha you cannot get safer than that!
    Nov 8 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Energy Is A Great Retirement Fund Stock [View article]
    Alright mav, no name calling.
    Aug 21 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco: A Value Buy Or Trap? [View article]
    Then stop wasting your time.
    Aug 10 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Trading Update: Yahoo, JPMorgan Chase, Hewlett-Packard, Akamai, Sipef [View article]
    I wish I could get a detailed analysis as to why these things take these positions.
    Aug 5 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Most companies are increasing dividends even as earnings are unstable. Dividends is what is attracting the investors right now because there is no where else to make money. But revenue is decreasing with HPQ as with most companies right now. Again...HPQ as with most companies...have been doing all they can to cut costs and most have done all they could. The decreased revenue streams are catching up with companies. EPS are predicted to go flat by next quarter. When earnings can't go up, stock prices adjust accordingly. So from the 2.7% rate HPQ offers, this will level out soon enough, just like most other companies.

In the tech sector, innovative technology is what sells. I have yet to see new products form HPQ. I don't think the company is bad. I just do not see the evidence of new products businesses/people are going to spend money on yet to lift the company out of the doldrums in the near future.

Thus, I don't see the "quick turn around" you have written about. That's all.
    Jul 30 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My friend, you say valuations are inexpensive. Can you give me an example of what you mean by them being inexpensive?
    Jul 30 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You like the fundamentals in HPQ and said: "this company and a turnaround could occur soon."

Would you care to expound on your thoughts here. I honestly don't see how HPQ could possibly turn around quickly.
    Jul 30 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Freeport Stock Now, 60% Upside Ahead [View article]
    My friend, the title of the article.....60% upside. Can you tell me what you are referring to? I am reading its FCX but I don't see you mention anything like that in the article. Am I missing your message?
    Jul 9 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why AT&T Should Be In Your Portfolio Now [View article]
    Thanks Dave!
    May 14 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why AT&T Should Be In Your Portfolio Now [View article]
    For all you critics out there like DividendLion & Dotcom...when one owns the stock and writes accusations come that writers are getting paid to push the stock. It is just like politics quite often...damned if you do or damned if you don't. No offense gentlemen. But criticism comes whether the stock is owned or not.

Its all good.
    May 12 07:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Altria Could Plummet This Year [View article]
    I agree. I enjoyed the informative article & learned a lot but in the title, the idea baout MO plummeting......I just do not see an argument for the plummet.
    Apr 13 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcatel-Lucent: High Upside Expected In 2012 [View article]
    I think he got that idea, you are the 5th one that has mentioned it. Too redundant.
    Apr 9 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment