View John Mylant's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Imperial Sugar: Buy for Value, Hold for Growth [View article]
    "So you can see how this strategy might work out and provide substantial growth for Imperial over the next several years. It won't be easy, but it's a good vision. All they have to do is execute..."

GOOD RESEARCH VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT...WHY R U NOT THE CEO OF THIS COMPANY...LOL

Feb 3, 2010. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PepsiCo: A Refreshing Choice for Value, Growth and Income [View article]
    This is even more amazing when you consider that the PE ratio for PepsiCo on 12/31/1999 was over 30; one of its historically higher valuations. The question is: How much better can shareholders fare by investing at today’s historically low valuations?"

This is a very well put together article that I much appreciate and would like to thank you for. As I have been researching PEP this is just a great addition to my research thank you.

John mylant
    Feb 3, 2010. 11:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Options to Play Market Correction [View article]
    "Using current market data, I could fetch $335 per option contract. If I wrote these shares out for 200 I would protect my position in Apple by 1.7% but I would also be obligated to sell Apple if the stock rose and closed above 200 per share on February 19, 2010 (February options expiration)."

Nice move on this one Marco, I have done the same. Keep up the good work.

Feb 2, 2010. 03:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the Market Shouldn't Ignore Chubb [View article]
    "For investors who use options, Chubb's relatively low implied volatility and dividend create a situations where in the money LEAPS are moderately priced and can be used to provide a combination of leverage and clearly defined downside exposure."

I have used this strategy and i like this company for it. I would recommend it for anyone. Thank you for your research.

Feb 2, 2010. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETF Update: Contrarian Call on Chips Stocks [View article]
    I really appreciate your research and the way you approach things. It is very informative, thank you very much.

Feb 2, 2010. 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why We're Still Bullish on Emerging Markets [View article]
    "The most important factor supporting equity emerging markets are the expectations that economic growth is likely to be robust both in 2010 and 2011. For instance, in the World Economic Outlook Update released over the last week, the IMF raised its estimate for GDP growth in emerging and developing economies compared to 2009 WEO projections, from 5.1% to 6% in 2010 and from 6.1% to 6.3% in 2011."

This is great research and very valuable. I am particularly fond of EEM and continue to follow them. Thank you for your excellent research.

Feb 2, 2010. 11:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Sector ETF Lineup for February [View article]
    "The top three at the end of January are MXI (Materials), EXI (industrials) and RXI (consumer discretionary)."

Personally i like EXI this year the best... thank you for your ideas of momentum strategy investing...

Feb 1, 2010. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twelve Dividend Stocks Increasing Dividends [View article]
    "SJW Corp. (SJW), engages in the production, purchase, storage, purification, distribution, and retail sale of water, increased its quarterly dividend by 3% to 17 cents per share. SJW Corp. is a dividend champion, which has increased its quarterly dividend in each of the past forty-three consecutive years. The stock currently yields 3.00%."

I really like this stock...I beleive it has also been building a very strong foundation for a good 12 weeks. It has a lot of upward room to move. Thank you for your research!

Feb 1, 2010. 03:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case for Barrick Gold [View article]
    "I believe that at current price levels, Barrick shares represent a good value. There are reasonable arguments in support of gold’s long-term prospects, particularly because of potentially increased demand from emerging nations."

Good thoughts here. I see very healthy technicals for Barrick, thank you for the support.

Feb 1, 2010. 03:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Soros Is Probably Buying Gold Now [View article]
    "Soros is playing his own book in Davos. Gold investors should not be alarmed but take some delight in what he is saying."

I love this statement...it is funny how often the influential say something different in what they intend because they know their words will have influence on the markets. Always looking for the advantage and they know that if they chose their words carefully, it can happen! Great article.

Feb 1, 2010. 12:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Investors Trust This Economy? [View article]
    "This means that much of the growth shown in this report came from what is, essentially, a one-time event."

I am in agreement with you on this one! There will come a time this year or early next year when this "one time" event of numbers will catch up with us and the bears will come out of hibernation! Great article!

John Mylantr
    Feb 1, 2010. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Money Magazine Still Hates Gold, So Buy It [View article]
    I've learned to go against the so called "experts" in the market just like I have the critics in the movies (AVATAR)...find me one critic said it had a plot worth watching and a billion later...

Jan 21, 2010. 02:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer Stokes Another Natural Gas Stock [View article]
    Technically appears bullish...maybe he's got something here...

Jan 19, 2010. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AES Corporation: A Growth Utility? [View article]
    "An investor might take up a starter position, accumulating on the dips, and selling if and when the growth/emerging markets story for this company becomes popular. Entry point would depend on the investor's estimate of current market level and credit trends, as this stock can be expected to under-perform if credit markets experience renewed difficulties. The attraction is, it will likewise outperform if global recovery moves on to a new era."

I like your strategy! We have one more huge wall to break through at 15.3 & then it can go on for quite awhile. Thank you for your excellent research. Much appreciated!

Jan 19, 2010. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Covered Call Opportunities for February 2010 [View article]
    I really like your suggestion of PAAS. Not only do I agree that Silver should continue upward, but I see PAAS trading in an even tighter consolidation range. Wait fro the right timing & it should be a perfect buy! Thank you for the fine research!

Jan 19, 2010. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment