View John Mylant's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • This Recession Isn't Over: Now for the Hard Part [View article]
    "Despite recent progress and chatter of green shoots, it's unlikely that this deleveraging process will end quickly or in anything close to a v-shaped recovery."

I like this quote. It is very simple, we all have been talking about the Bear Bounce and we have had it and now we are all talking about the recession again. It is still around, things are not that rosy looking yet. We really need to position ourselves for making money in a sideways to down market.
    Jul 6, 2009. 11:17 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons to Expect a Near-Term Selloff [View article]
    Ya know, this is a very good article. It is hard to refute the logic & research they have put into this.

This is my favorite line in the article: "As we recently noted in the Expectation Ratio, it’s likely that the gap between real earnings and expectations has peaked." Real earnings will now be showing since the last two quarters have been earnings based upon cut backs and not growth.

Thank you for the wonderful article.
    mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Nov 30, 2009. 10:10 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Paul Krugman says we have averted a second Great Depression, and why? The different role played by government. "Ronald Reagan was wrong: Sometimes the private sector is the problem, and government is the solution."  [View news story]
    I am by no means a fan of government intervention but I do know it plays a role in helping keep balance between greed and protection for the little man. Sometimes it is needed. Sometimes the private sector is part of the problem and the government can be part of the solution but never is it as defined as this gentleman make sit out to be. He is wrong.
    Aug 10, 2009. 11:36 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Major Financial Crisis [View article]
    I am of the humble opinion that we will still see much darkness in our economy. With the printing of money and inflation waiting on the door step, I am looking more and more into buying larger quantities of gold, not paper, but real gold.
    Jun 30, 2009. 03:15 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Grantham on the Markets: '860 Is Fair Value for S&P' [View article]
    Wow, he hit it right on the head when he talks about the earnings the first quarter next year. That is when we won't be hiding behind reduced spending but hit the reality of the slow pace we are in. I am in full agreement. Correction here we come.

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Oct 27, 2009. 07:19 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jim Rogers Shares His Thoughts on the Market [View article]
    I am in agreement on two things here. First of all I am of the opinion that silver too is being neglected historically we have seen a rise in silver and I like its chances as a long term investment. Since there have been times where silver has grown in value much faster than the dollar, it might be a good long term investment considering where the printing of money is going. And that brings me to the second agreement with Mr Rogers I have.

How can we print money like we do and not expect it to inflate? We have nothing backing up our money but our good name. How long will that last? I see inflation coming. Silver is a good investment long term that I beleive will grow in value faster than the dollar. From 1971 to 1981silver grew in value 5 times its original value while the dollar lost half of its.

Buy silver.
    Jun 23, 2009. 01:43 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why We're Still Bullish on Emerging Markets [View article]
    "The most important factor supporting equity emerging markets are the expectations that economic growth is likely to be robust both in 2010 and 2011. For instance, in the World Economic Outlook Update released over the last week, the IMF raised its estimate for GDP growth in emerging and developing economies compared to 2009 WEO projections, from 5.1% to 6% in 2010 and from 6.1% to 6.3% in 2011."

This is great research and very valuable. I am particularly fond of EEM and continue to follow them. Thank you for your excellent research.

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Feb 2, 2010. 11:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Money Magazine Still Hates Gold, So Buy It [View article]
    I've learned to go against the so called "experts" in the market just like I have the critics in the movies (AVATAR)...find me one critic said it had a plot worth watching and a billion later...

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Jan 21, 2010. 02:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons to Sell TheStreet.com [View article]
    The Psychic thing really got me.

I don't know if suddenly the network wants ratings or what but what for the love of Pete are they thinking? They are playing with people's money here. Going to a psychic? Oh-- and thanks for the $500 an hour explanation. That makes this psychic totally on the money. I would never beleive a $300 psychic, but $500-- you'd be crazy not to beleive him. If people are jumping ship it is because they know that they will be marked for life as amateurs staying with an organization like this!

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Oct 26, 2009. 10:57 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World Economy Is Hanging By A Thread [View article]
    "Thus, the “if you go, I go, we all go” theme comes into play more than ever before." Good article, very informative and I agree whole-heartedly with your assessment of each countries attachment to the world economy. The only way to counter this as a trader is to design option plans that allows one to make money in either bullish or bearish markets!

Thank you for your article.
    EmpoweredInvestingNow.com
    Sep 5, 2011. 01:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Should Continue Secular Bull Trend [View article]
    "Since 2000, gold has been in a secular bull market while stocks have been in a secular bear market. There is no reason to conclude that these trends are over."

J.D. I agree with yo whole heatedly, it really looks pretty strong doesn't it.

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Apr 7, 2010. 11:49 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Four Energy Price Flags [View article]
    "Four of our 26 large cap buy recommendations, Imperial Oil (IMO), Marathon Oil (MRO), Petrobras (PBR) and ExxonMobil (XOM) currently trade below their respective 200-day averages. That could be a sign of a downtrend beginning or a price opportunity before an uptrend resumes."

I beleive we will have a short turn down, but not that long in these stocks we should see them grow again by fall.

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Feb 15, 2010. 11:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy: Recent Pullback Provides Outstanding Opportunity [View article]
    "I see no reason that these shares can’t command at least a 14 multiple again at some point over the next two years. That leads me to a 12 – 15 month target price of about $45 - $50. Is that an attainable goal?"

I like this statement! Good research! And after the drop they showed the last few years, and the strength they are showing now, I am in full agreement on the opportunity they can provide as an investment. Thank you for your fine research.

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Feb 5, 2010. 02:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Undervalued S&P 500 Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for the very informative article. Very good to help us with our research. I am specially interested in HPQ. They have been bouncing off the resistance level from back in the end of 2007. The weekly chart has them bouncing off this level the last four weeks. Just waiting for this stock to break through and we are gone!

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../
    Jan 19, 2010. 11:14 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold to Natural Gas Ratio: What It Could Potentially Mean [View article]
    "We are in no way stating that Gold is not a good investment, what we are simply stating is that right now Natural Gas could make for a better investment for those seeking a higher rate of return."

This is a great statement...very well thought through and very convincing. Thank you for your keen insight.

mylantsmoneyblog.typep.../