John Naccarelli

View John Naccarelli's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Miller/Howard High Income Equity Fund Pricing Next Week [View article]
    I could not agree any more with your Bottomline - WAIT!!!
    Nov 19, 2014. 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Crash Of Oil Prices Could Be The Opportunity Of The Decade [View article]
    To the author -
    Although no dividend, what about going long USO to capitalize on oil prices rebounding? Alternatively, a LEAP call - maybe Jan '16? Any thoughts?
    Thanks, John
    Nov 18, 2014. 11:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forward Strides For Forward Pharma At Its IPO [View article]
    I hate to bash anyone but this IPO was a complete disaster. I was allocated 1200 shares but did not sell them. I'll hope that this can make it back to the IPO price. I hope that this is not another MCUR.
    Oct 15, 2014. 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Fuel Systems Solutions A Good Investment? [View article]
    with regard to the short interest, I am guessing that there are over 1.3million shares short at this point. If average volume is 150K, you are looking at just over 8 days to cover. While that is high, it isn't enough to send this to the stratosphere - maybe 25% up at best, depending upon at what price level this goes before that reversal.
    Sep 29, 2014. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Fuel Systems Solutions A Good Investment? [View article]
    I previously bought and sold this and just bought a very small position. With todays's decline, I have a very small loss. But technically, my guess is that this will get to the very high 7's or low $8's. I currently plan to add to my position at that point, unless something significant occurs.
    Sep 29, 2014. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Loan Fund That Pays 6% and Protects You From Inflation [View article]
    It is Sept 2014 and I have been buying these CEF's at deep discounts to NAV the past few months and the list is as follows: EFR, EFT, EVF, FCT, FRA and NSL
    I thought I had these figured out. I bought an open-ended version at NAV (I did not pay the front-end load, last July 2013). It has performed relatively well the past year plus but the CEF's have been volatile. I should have traded them rather than held them.
    I have tried to come up with a correlation between the price movement of these CEF's with the direction of interest rates, S&P, etc., and I do not find a predictable pattern. Maybe I am a fixed income novice, but does anyone have a forecast for these as interest rates rise very, very, very, SLOWLY?
    Sep 16, 2014. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IPO Preview: Ryerson Holding [View article]
    Now that the price range has been significantly reduced to 11-12, how would you change your opinion?
    Aug 7, 2014. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catalent IPO Should Rock Given Blackstone Backing [View article]
    whenever I get a huge fill, I know that I am doomed ... as in this case and MCUR. I may get my money back if it can only get back to the IPO price ... it's so close. :-)
    Aug 5, 2014. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Implosion Is Near: Signs Of The Bubble's Last Days [View article]
    Macro Investor,
    You must be kidding with the statement, "That's why I vote Democrat." Whenever I see someone's political OPINIONS, that's when they lose credibility. You have just proven with that statement how closed-minded and blind you must be to ideas and views or even facts.
    Aug 5, 2014. 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catalent IPO Should Rock Given Blackstone Backing [View article]
    has anyone heard about an increase in the price range or is it still 19-22?
    Jul 30, 2014. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trouble Looming In The Market... [View article]
    Buyandhold 2012,
    I could not disagree more vehemently. If you buy and hold and the market drops 20%, what do you use to buy more stock? Leverage? And what if the market drops further and you receive margin calls? If you do not have a decent cash position, you can just sit back and watch the prices drop and never take advantage of them. As they say, keep some powder dry and there is always trouble looming in the market ... that is the nature of climbing a wall of worry.

FYI, if you bought tech stocks in 1999, 2000 and 2001, you are probably now back to a break even in most cases or the company no longer exists. I love the MS research recommendation of 1999 to 'buy the four horsemen of the internet' - these were supposed to be your CORE holdings and one of which was CMGI. Look into that one! FYI, QQQ peaked at 120 in March 2000 and we are at 97- now.
    Jul 22, 2014. 11:56 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Implosion Is Near: Signs Of The Bubble's Last Days [View article]
    DeepValueLover, I could not agree with you any more. I have been expecting this MAJOR correction since the year began and most hedges have cost me ... mostly option writing and buying. This market will continue upward and I will continue to be a net seller (especially of tech), but I have a long way to go to get to a 50% cash position if I make it before the correction. The correction will come when least expected but who knows, maybe QQQ will get to 120 again before it happens!!
    Jul 20, 2014. 12:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Mad Money - Expensive Skepticism (6/18/14) [View article]
    TYPO >>> the S&P SOARED 7.7% ... YEAH, I wish ... it was .77%
    Jun 19, 2014. 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Buying A House Is A Terrible Investment [View article]
    Author> I hope a lot of people read this and agree with you because I am getting outbid too often on houses that I attempt to buy. In other words, I could not DISAGREE with you any more and this article and your conclusions are ridiculous. I can support my statement with personal facts based upon my experiences over the last 25 plus years. I wish I had the time to write an article in response to this but I am better off if more people believe in your theories and opinions.
    Jun 16, 2014. 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: What Does The Iraq Conflict Mean For Markets? [View article]
    You are completely ignorant about military action and international affairs and your judgments of Bush and Obama reflect my opinion. Obama has SCREWED this entire matter up because he is just a politician that does not listen to advisors and never makes mistakes ... LMAO.
    Jun 15, 2014. 01:01 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment