John Naccarelli

View John Naccarelli's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Signs Of A Stock Market Correction Developing [View article]
    how about this forecast and we drop the probability and stats analysis? ... we are at the TOP when everyone says that we are only going higher from here and the average retail investor has gone ALL IN because of conviction. There is no froth and craziness in the market yet, but it is coming and that's when you sell. It's easy to say but hard to do it because it's not rational to be a seller when the rest of the world is a buyer. You have to control your emotions and greed - that's what moves markets unless the machines take over.
    May 24, 2015. 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Orchids Paper Products Taking Big Swings To Become A National Player [View article]
    I bought yesterday at 21.53 and I am hoping the support at 20 is strong. Unlike you, I will take my lumps sooner if the picture gets disappointing. I think that I will put on my 'accounting' hat and run some numbers with regard to the dividend coverage with the additional shares.
    May 13, 2015. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Signs Of A Stock Market Correction Developing [View article]
    since you asked, I bought PBF & TIS in the last few days/week when they dipped and prior to the x-div date. I also bought a lot of T last month before they reported and sold half at 35 and calls on the rest which I already covered this past week...lucky.

I have had great success with PBF the past two years on the basic 'buy low & sell high' concept, plus the dividend is payment while I wait. If it gets to 32-35, I'll sell and buy if it gets to the low 20's but maybe add starting at 25.

I know this may be crazy, but I am bottom-fishing & bought AVP & WTW. I also am considering GLW at 20 if it gets there.

I also have orders to buy Calls on the VIX with a 12 strike out to August & September. I would like to see the VIX hit 12 before pushing the button, but this is a trade and a small & inexpensive way to benefit on a correction. I may change my mind about this but that is my plan today with open orders.

I have a LOT of sell orders - maybe 25 positions or so - and have been selling small amounts when they have hit new highs. My best performer has been SUNE and I still have some shares left after selling more this past week. I don't care what analysts say about the future prospects of companies - some things are just too good to be true... And where were these so-called experts in 2012 when it was $3 and called MEMC Electronics and I bought in ... same with FSLR in the low teens around the same time.

I still look at LL but I have avoided it for the past few weeks. Good luck.

May 11, 2015. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Signs Of A Stock Market Correction Developing [View article]
    1- the market will eventually correct in a major way >20% ... but when
    2- even a broken clock is correct twice a day .... just like calling a market top year after year
    3- if you never sell and stay 100% invested, you better have the GREATEST portfolio of all time
    4- I am 20% cash and still a net seller ... I am trying to get to 50% in the next 12 months but I still have not seen the froth and buying frenzy of a market top
    5- I can't help myself sometimes and buy a new small position.

That's my two cents worth. I am still waiting for EVERYONE to tell me that you can't go wrong with buying stocks and it is the greatest place to put your money - that's my technical analysis indicator for a top. :-)
    May 10, 2015. 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IPO Preview: National Storage Affiliates Trust [View article]
    I am expecting a large allocation based upon 20MM shares and pricing at only 13 ... not a good sign.
    Apr 23, 2015. 07:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparing The Next 3 Specialized Semiconductor Companies [View article]
    I would much rather buy a stock with a low % of strong buy recommendations rather than a crowd with buy recommendations. I'm long FSLR and have been buying/adding for 3 years now. As far as the comparison, I also own SUNE with a cost of 4 and consider them far more of a semi than SCTY.
    Apr 2, 2015. 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words [View article]
    "Sadly, long GE since before the turn of the Millenium." Me too and from the mid-90's!! ... but when I finally sell GE from my lack of patience, that will be the start of the stock outperforming ... that's my bad timing.
    Mar 18, 2015. 08:59 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Crash Just Getting Started - Levered Under-Hedged Juniors Like Magnum Hunter In Jeopardy [View article]
    by reading comments once again, I can see why I will do so well in a few years with some long positions. does anyone agree that oil will be 70, 80, 100 a barrel again? It is comical to hear the predictions from the pundits (talking heads) on CNBC and others. Someone else said in a comment, buy when everyone else is fearful...so true. It is hard to move opposite of the herd.
    Mar 17, 2015. 11:06 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Hardwood Flooring Insider's Take On Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    While I believe you and your morality, you should come to South FL and then try to make that case. I have lived here now almost 4 years and been involved in real estate. The sellers, realtors, investors, etc. down here will do anything to make a buck and conceal real problems. In real estate, the rule is 'CAVEAT EMPTOR' for a good reason. IMO, this health issue or threat from laminate flooring is completely exaggerated and overblown.
    Mar 14, 2015. 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Hardwood Flooring Insider's Take On Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    yes, the IV has spiked upward and the puts more so than the calls.
    Mar 14, 2015. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Hardwood Flooring Insider's Take On Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    I have seen a number of negative comments from you. I am curious, are you short LL stock?
    Mar 14, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Hardwood Flooring Insider's Take On Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    I think that I wrote my comment incorrectly or it has been misinterpreted. I agree with your remarks that most people in the US do not care about this matter or only care if it makes them a buck in class action litigation.
    Mar 14, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deconstructing The Top Layers Of Lumber Liquidators' Conference Call [View article]
    I have to admit that I sat through 30 minutes of CNBC's crap waiting to hear the interview, and finally, after 4 commercial breaks, they do the interview. I was hoping for a substantive conversation and arguments and heard no such discussion.

He was TERRIBLE and my impression of him as a LL representative and FOUNDER was very negative. He did not sound educated, well-informed and seemed unprepared for the basic questions that were asked. He should not have agreed to the interview if he is not a great Q&A guy or at least well-prepped by a PR firm.

The stock went straight down after his session and rightfully so with such a poor performance. I already had a straddle bought on Thursday but bought calls as the stock approached 30. I have absolutely NO IDEA which way this is going in the near term, so I am going long with options in both directions. I would like to see a nice rebound long-term for the sake of the employees and shareholders, but LL needs to step up their game to achieve that action. I am fearful that the litigation will simply kill them financially.
    Mar 14, 2015. 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "I received one of these Chinese made floors with HDF in the core and I had serious respiratory symptoms and also neurologic effects. The floor has been removed and the businesses involved are facing a lawsuit now."

I am sorry to say that this is really hard for me to believe.
    Mar 14, 2015. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators' Campaign Of Distraction And Deception [View article]
    "I target $0 for the stock and mega billions in liabilities for execs and BOD."
    NARSPIN, you think that they will be personally liable for the claims. you are completely ignorant and haven't a clue about piercing the corporate veil. Only the employees and shareholder are the losers in corporate America, so don't make statements when you have no knowledge!
    Mar 14, 2015. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment