John Naccarelli

View John Naccarelli's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vringo: Why Investors Shouldn't Fuss Over The Possibility Of A Reverse Stock Split [View article]
    1- Sorry, but investors will respond negatively in the short-term
    2- Looking simply at historical data, this will not be good for investors in the short & long-term
    3- I hope VRNG is the exception, but I do not have that level of confidence

Last, as an owner of VRNG, I hope that I am completely wrong, but my cost basis is even lower than where the stock is today.
    Sep 3, 2015. 12:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dow Sends Rare Signal At The August 2015 Month-End Close [View article]
    that's what I thought about Obama ... an Illinois senator with NO leadership and management experience.
    Sep 3, 2015. 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is SunEdison Worth? [View article]
    you meant to say Obamian ... :-)
    Aug 31, 2015. 04:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Sense Of The Market Crash With Jeremy Siegel [View article]
    I remember him from 1994 and his track record is mixed. He and Harry Dent did presentations for Morgan Stanley where I was working in the 90's. You are also correct about their revenue stream ... books, publications, speaking engagements, etc.
    Aug 31, 2015. 08:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SunEdison - Total Eclipse Of The Sun [View article]
    I was waiting for a decline below 10 to get back in but it did not happen. I have been selling my position since it broke 20 through 30+. I am still on the fence regarding a buy back due to the complicated deals and financial engineering.
    Aug 18, 2015. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alpha Natural Resources Files For Chapter 11: What Now? [View article]
    Do you conclude the shareholders on ANRZQ will get $0 and be wiped out?
    Aug 6, 2015. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanofi Lemtrada Sales Disappoint: CVR Milestones Will Not Be Achieved [View article]
    I have avoided this for a year but now it is getting interesting. I just got an alert and see it at .18. Does this have ANY chance for success in the next year or so? I have no idea!!!

Anthony, you sold your position and looks like you did the right thing. But at some price point, the risk vs. reward ratio has to warrant a highly speculative buy. It is just a question of price - any thoughts on this? .15, .10, .05?
    Aug 3, 2015. 10:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For A 300-500 Point Correction In The S&P 500 - And Still A 'Secular Bull' [View article]
    No meaningful correction (15%-20% or more) on 'my radar' yet, but I always appreciate good research and someone else's insight to keep me in check and on the alert. Thanks.
    Aug 2, 2015. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chicago's Downgrade: What Investors Need To Know [View article]
    you forgot to include Washington DC :-)
    Jun 8, 2015. 07:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is Why I'm Buying Synaptics And Selling Atmel [View article]
    I am long ATML and staying LONG.
    Jun 5, 2015. 03:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Signs Of A Stock Market Correction Developing [View article]
    how about this forecast and we drop the probability and stats analysis? ... we are at the TOP when everyone says that we are only going higher from here and the average retail investor has gone ALL IN because of conviction. There is no froth and craziness in the market yet, but it is coming and that's when you sell. It's easy to say but hard to do it because it's not rational to be a seller when the rest of the world is a buyer. You have to control your emotions and greed - that's what moves markets unless the machines take over.
    May 24, 2015. 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Orchids Paper Products Taking Big Swings To Become A National Player [View article]
    I bought yesterday at 21.53 and I am hoping the support at 20 is strong. Unlike you, I will take my lumps sooner if the picture gets disappointing. I think that I will put on my 'accounting' hat and run some numbers with regard to the dividend coverage with the additional shares.
    May 13, 2015. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Signs Of A Stock Market Correction Developing [View article]
    since you asked, I bought PBF & TIS in the last few days/week when they dipped and prior to the x-div date. I also bought a lot of T last month before they reported and sold half at 35 and calls on the rest which I already covered this past week...lucky.

I have had great success with PBF the past two years on the basic 'buy low & sell high' concept, plus the dividend is payment while I wait. If it gets to 32-35, I'll sell and buy if it gets to the low 20's but maybe add starting at 25.

I know this may be crazy, but I am bottom-fishing & bought AVP & WTW. I also am considering GLW at 20 if it gets there.

I also have orders to buy Calls on the VIX with a 12 strike out to August & September. I would like to see the VIX hit 12 before pushing the button, but this is a trade and a small & inexpensive way to benefit on a correction. I may change my mind about this but that is my plan today with open orders.

I have a LOT of sell orders - maybe 25 positions or so - and have been selling small amounts when they have hit new highs. My best performer has been SUNE and I still have some shares left after selling more this past week. I don't care what analysts say about the future prospects of companies - some things are just too good to be true... And where were these so-called experts in 2012 when it was $3 and called MEMC Electronics and I bought in ... same with FSLR in the low teens around the same time.

I still look at LL but I have avoided it for the past few weeks. Good luck.

May 11, 2015. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Signs Of A Stock Market Correction Developing [View article]
    1- the market will eventually correct in a major way >20% ... but when
    2- even a broken clock is correct twice a day .... just like calling a market top year after year
    3- if you never sell and stay 100% invested, you better have the GREATEST portfolio of all time
    4- I am 20% cash and still a net seller ... I am trying to get to 50% in the next 12 months but I still have not seen the froth and buying frenzy of a market top
    5- I can't help myself sometimes and buy a new small position.

That's my two cents worth. I am still waiting for EVERYONE to tell me that you can't go wrong with buying stocks and it is the greatest place to put your money - that's my technical analysis indicator for a top. :-)
    May 10, 2015. 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IPO Preview: National Storage Affiliates Trust [View article]
    I am expecting a large allocation based upon 20MM shares and pricing at only 13 ... not a good sign.
    Apr 23, 2015. 07:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment