View as an RSS Feed
Inflation: The 800-Pound Bear In The Room
- Real commodity prices are not a function of real interest rates, but of equity yields.
- It seems highly unlikely for the stock market to make much traction without a massive retreat in commodity prices.
- CPI is not a fraud, and even if it is, it is not a consequential one.
- Precious metals markets are not manipulated.
- We are in the middle of stagflation: high commodity prices, high unemployment, weak stock markets, weak growth, but CPI has been extremely low and falling for years.