John Persinos

View John Persinos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Spherix: Playing The Patent Game [View article]
    Thank you, for your thoughtful and informative comment regarding my article. I'll keep an eye on the company in future months.
    Apr 14, 2014. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazil Resources: A Gold And Uranium Double Play [View article]
    Daniel -- You pose an excellent and appropriate question. I read the same Tetra Tech report and you're right; the only data relevant to your question is found on page 74. But here's some context that will shed light on your inquiry: Brazil Resources purchased its Cachoeira project (its main property) for approximately $18 per ounce in the ground -- that represents a great bargain for the company, because historical valuations for gold in the ground in Brazil range between $50/oz to $60/oz. Moreover, the gold deposits at Cachoeira lie relatively close to the surface with the potential for cheaper open pit operations.
    Mar 24, 2014. 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazil Resources: A Gold And Uranium Double Play [View article]
    Actually, I make it a practice to not take any positions in the companies that I write about. But I have already taken positions in other inflation hedges.
    Mar 24, 2014. 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazil Resources: A Gold And Uranium Double Play [View article]
    Brazil Resources is indeed an interesting company; I continually search for up-and-coming small cap stocks that appear poised for a breakout and this gold and uranium miner came across my radar screen. The stock is worth following, as gold and uranium prices rebound this year. Thanks very much for your feedback.
    Mar 24, 2014. 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Inflation Hedge With A Special Midas Touch [View article]
    Rene -- Thanks for your feedback. I agree with your assessments. Also keep in mind, US inflation right now is actually worse than reflected in official statistics, because the federal government has removed certain "volatile" components from its CPI calculation.
    Jan 24, 2014. 08:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reaping The Spoils Of Litigation [View article]
    Thanks for the update!
    Aug 1, 2013. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reaping The Spoils Of Litigation [View article]
    Eric Spangenberg of IP Navigation Group is considered one of the pioneers of IP litigation. Meanwhile, the recent and extreme volatility of Marathon's peers, such as Acacia and InterDigital, is instructive.
    Jul 29, 2013. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reaping The Spoils Of Litigation [View article]
    Thanks for your constructive feedback and insights! Much appreciated.
    Jul 26, 2013. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tech Stocks: Leading The Way Forward [View article]
    The adjustments have been inputted. Thanks for your continued readership.
    Dec 23, 2012. 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Depot: Cash Is Key To Dividend Growth [View article]
    I wouldn't exactly call Glenn Beck a "reporter."
    Nov 30, 2012. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Battered FedEx Is Poised To Deliver [View article]
    You're right; I've corrected it. Thank you.
    Oct 7, 2012. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Depot: Cash Is Key To Dividend Growth [View article]
    I think you're right.
    Sep 20, 2012. 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergetics USA: A Growth Story Amidst An Aging Population [View article]
    Yes, of course. It's common practice for publishers to syndicate their articles on the web; that's exactly what Investing Daily (parent web site for Personal Finance) does with the articles of all its authors, including my articles. You'll find that much of the content on Seeking Alpha originally appeared elsewhere. It's a very widespread practice -- and a useful one, both for publishers and readers. I'm editorial director of both Investing Daily and Personal Finance, and as you point out, I originally reported and wrote this article on SURG for Personal Finance.
    Sep 2, 2012. 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Third Quarter Looking Rosy For Verizon [View article]
    As Mr. Genachowski put it: "The [FCC approved] transaction will preserve incentives for deployment and spur innovation while guarding against anti-competitive conduct."
    Aug 23, 2012. 07:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Smiths Group Gearing Up To Launch Record Number Of New Security Products [View article]
    Yes, you're right, but as I explain, the scanner division is clearly the growth engine.
    Aug 22, 2012. 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment