John R. Conway

View John R. Conway's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Introducing CNBC Video On Seeking Alpha [View article]
    cool idea, thanks
    Dec 12, 2014. 11:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Texas Roadhouse Keeps Hitting New Highs: Keep Buying [View article]
    I agree and I have been there several times (mostly across Missouri and Illinois). One of the things I like about the concept is the BBQ influence they have on their menu. BBQ is a tough concept to roll out in a chain restaurant ( since BBQ varies across regions). but TXRH does a good job with a price point that won't break the bank.
    Dec 3, 2014. 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mastercard declares $0.16 dividend [View news story]
    The electronic toll road that keeps on paying--Long $MA
    Dec 2, 2014. 12:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Premium milk product coming from Coca-Cola [View news story]
    Seems to be selling well in Minnesota. The interesting thing is that most consumers don't know it's a coke product.
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks To Watch Today: AMD, Delta, GT Advanced Technologies... [View article]
    Great feature and can't wait to read more
    Jul 8, 2014. 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Ready For Spring By Investing In CF Industries [View article]
    2014 already looking good for CF longs!
    May 14, 2014. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Quest To Make $1 Million In 10 Years [View article]
    If you use Sharebuilder this can help cut down on transaction costs. Overall, this isn't the strategy for somebody that is nearing retirement, but even if you can get close to 20% gains every year that's still pretty good.
    Jan 6, 2014. 02:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 16% Loss Forecast For 2014 U.S. Stock Market [View article]
    I agree, I don't even think I would call this an article.
    Dec 18, 2013. 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignite Restaurants: All Signs Point To A Big Earnings Miss [View article]
    I agree Alan
    Oct 21, 2013. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darden: Dividend Darling To Drop? [View article]
    Overall, I would rather wait for conditions to get better in sit-down casual dining before getting into Darden. In the short term (next 2-3 months) I don't see much upside as over the last couple of conference calls the company has had issues getting more customers to visit Darden, while providing balance in their specials. I used to own Darden, for a long time and it was a solid investment (1999-2006) through company stock plan. However, the issues they have had this year will take some time to sift out, providing a buying opportunity along the way. IMO, Over the last 5 years Darden has been stuck in a range and I would rather buy at the low end of the range, and sell at the high end.

Richjoy makes a good point "Is it a good opportunity to start a position in DRI?...I suppose it depends upon your strategy"
    Sep 24, 2013. 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    Have your thoughts changed now?
    Sep 21, 2013. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    right now no parties are interested and the stock is getting close to tangible book value as predicted in this article. Yes I have taken 2 years of economics.
    Sep 21, 2013. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darden: Dividend Darling To Drop? [View article]
    Thanks for the mention, Left Banker. In my opinion I don't think there will be a div increase and still sticking to my opinion of mid/low 40's before getting in. The stock had a decent run-up before earnings, but there hasn't been much that has changed with DRI since their last quarter. The same problems that DRI has been reporting about, are the same problems that have plagued them the last two quarters. DRI still a good buy and hold stock, but if you are looking for share appreciation/share growth, not going to happen here for a while.
    Sep 20, 2013. 09:51 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattress Firm: 'Moneyball On Steroids' Has 20% Upside From Current Price [View article]
    With the stock 16% decline today and with the stock touching the upper $34 support level (not seen since April & June) wondering your thoughts. Do you think this is an overreaction or more downside to come?
    Sep 6, 2013. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing For Safety In An Uncertain World [View instapost]
    Simple sounds like the best way to go. Easy to understand and doesn't look like a casino with lots of ads/bright lights or catchy headlines.
    Sep 5, 2013. 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment