John R. Conway

View John R. Conway's Comments BY TICKER:

• McDonald's Listens To Customers' Call For All-Day Breakfast , Sales Boost Expected [View article]
    All day breakfast should of been done a long time ago. Profit margins are still good for breakfast, but higher egg prices will be around for a while. Not sure if this is going to move the needle on MCD stock
    Sep 6, 2015. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola CEO sticks to soda strategy [View news story]
    I like the freestyle machines to, been a long time since there has been an update to the soda machine. Wish coke would go into spirits ( wine, wine coolers, etc)
    Mar 19, 2015. 09:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is A Fantastic Business On Sale - Be Grateful For The 9% Decline After Earnings [View article]
    I agree with the stock at $42 and some change this is a good time to start/add to a position, since the last time we got to these levels was in July and Oct of 2014. With $MSFT up over the last two years I believe it's healthy/welcoming to see a drop like this otherwise the expectations start becoming unrealistic. If we can see $MSFT below $40 this will become even more attractive.
    Jan 28, 2015. 03:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Introducing CNBC Video On Seeking Alpha [View article]
    cool idea, thanks
    Dec 12, 2014. 11:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Texas Roadhouse Keeps Hitting New Highs: Keep Buying [View article]
    I agree and I have been there several times (mostly across Missouri and Illinois). One of the things I like about the concept is the BBQ influence they have on their menu. BBQ is a tough concept to roll out in a chain restaurant ( since BBQ varies across regions). but TXRH does a good job with a price point that won't break the bank.
    Dec 3, 2014. 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mastercard declares $0.16 dividend [View news story]
    The electronic toll road that keeps on paying--Long $MA
    Dec 2, 2014. 12:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Premium milk product coming from Coca-Cola [View news story]
    Seems to be selling well in Minnesota. The interesting thing is that most consumers don't know it's a coke product.
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks To Watch Today: AMD, Delta, GT Advanced Technologies... [View article]
    Great feature and can't wait to read more
    Jul 8, 2014. 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Ready For Spring By Investing In CF Industries [View article]
    2014 already looking good for CF longs!
    May 14, 2014. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Quest To Make $1 Million In 10 Years [View article]
    If you use Sharebuilder this can help cut down on transaction costs. Overall, this isn't the strategy for somebody that is nearing retirement, but even if you can get close to 20% gains every year that's still pretty good.
    Jan 6, 2014. 02:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 16% Loss Forecast For 2014 U.S. Stock Market [View article]
    I agree, I don't even think I would call this an article.
    Dec 18, 2013. 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignite Restaurants: All Signs Point To A Big Earnings Miss [View article]
    I agree Alan
    Oct 21, 2013. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darden: Dividend Darling To Drop? [View article]
    Overall, I would rather wait for conditions to get better in sit-down casual dining before getting into Darden. In the short term (next 2-3 months) I don't see much upside as over the last couple of conference calls the company has had issues getting more customers to visit Darden, while providing balance in their specials. I used to own Darden, for a long time and it was a solid investment (1999-2006) through company stock plan. However, the issues they have had this year will take some time to sift out, providing a buying opportunity along the way. IMO, Over the last 5 years Darden has been stuck in a range and I would rather buy at the low end of the range, and sell at the high end.

Richjoy makes a good point "Is it a good opportunity to start a position in DRI?...I suppose it depends upon your strategy"
    Sep 24, 2013. 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    Have your thoughts changed now?
    Sep 21, 2013. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    right now no parties are interested and the stock is getting close to tangible book value as predicted in this article. Yes I have taken 2 years of economics.
    Sep 21, 2013. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment