John R. Conway

View John R. Conway's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Quest To Make $1 Million In 10 Years [View article]
    If you use Sharebuilder this can help cut down on transaction costs. Overall, this isn't the strategy for somebody that is nearing retirement, but even if you can get close to 20% gains every year that's still pretty good.
    Jan 6 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 16% Loss Forecast For 2014 U.S. Stock Market [View article]
    I agree, I don't even think I would call this an article.
    Dec 18 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignite Restaurants: All Signs Point To A Big Earnings Miss [View article]
    I agree Alan
    Oct 21 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darden: Dividend Darling To Drop? [View article]
    Overall, I would rather wait for conditions to get better in sit-down casual dining before getting into Darden. In the short term (next 2-3 months) I don't see much upside as over the last couple of conference calls the company has had issues getting more customers to visit Darden, while providing balance in their specials. I used to own Darden, for a long time and it was a solid investment (1999-2006) through company stock plan. However, the issues they have had this year will take some time to sift out, providing a buying opportunity along the way. IMO, Over the last 5 years Darden has been stuck in a range and I would rather buy at the low end of the range, and sell at the high end.

Richjoy makes a good point "Is it a good opportunity to start a position in DRI?...I suppose it depends upon your strategy"
    Sep 24 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    Have your thoughts changed now?
    Sep 21 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    right now no parties are interested and the stock is getting close to tangible book value as predicted in this article. Yes I have taken 2 years of economics.
    Sep 21 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darden: Dividend Darling To Drop? [View article]
    Thanks for the mention, Left Banker. In my opinion I don't think there will be a div increase and still sticking to my opinion of mid/low 40's before getting in. The stock had a decent run-up before earnings, but there hasn't been much that has changed with DRI since their last quarter. The same problems that DRI has been reporting about, are the same problems that have plagued them the last two quarters. DRI still a good buy and hold stock, but if you are looking for share appreciation/share growth, not going to happen here for a while.
    Sep 20 09:51 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattress Firm: 'Moneyball On Steroids' Has 20% Upside From Current Price [View article]
    With the stock 16% decline today and with the stock touching the upper $34 support level (not seen since April & June) wondering your thoughts. Do you think this is an overreaction or more downside to come?
    Sep 6 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing For Safety In An Uncertain World [View instapost]
    Simple sounds like the best way to go. Easy to understand and doesn't look like a casino with lots of ads/bright lights or catchy headlines.
    Sep 5 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darden's Battle Against An Ever-Changing Consumer [View article]
    Thanks Adam, Overall in the casual dining segment Darden is prob the best pick, just not right now. With the company struggling the past 2 quarters this upcoming quarter should be interesting and provide an opportunity to pick up shares in the low 40's range.
    Aug 21 09:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    You are a right they do have a value, but it's the interpretation of this value that can be difficult to value when the company is taking goodwill write-downs where this extra or premium value is less than what was thought. True these goodwill impairments don't affect cash, but are basically admitting mistakes. So, I understand what your saying in that somewhere inside of BBRY there is extra value hidden, but the verdict is not clear on that yet.
    Aug 16 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    What I meant was the rollout of the product was a flop
    Aug 14 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    I agree
    Aug 14 04:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    I agree, In my opinion (at the current time) book value can be a tough number to go by, unless the quality of the assets have gone down faster than their true value. But, I am not seeing that at this moment.
    Aug 14 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Here Is My Number... Call Me Maybe? [View article]
    I only have said that I wouldn't buy now based only on speculation with a track record of trying to make changes that haven't worked out.
    Aug 14 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment